• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I am not sure if you are being sarcastic on the "Oh no, how horrible" part, but...

Try avoiding Sonic fans and news sites on Twitter and maybe Sonic tubers on Youtube. Definitely avoid CartoonUpdates on Twitter, though. I think that is one of the sources of the leaks.
To make it clear, it was indeed sarcastic and I want to know the leak stuff, unfortunately it seems to be taken down so all I know is there's 900 pages of storyboards out there but I know nothing specific despite wanting to know specifics

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Showtime recently rebranded to Paramount+ with Showtime. Yeah that name is gonna get confusing.

Bonus:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So judging by the responses I got earlier, I'm guessing the consensus of MHA is "Nah don't watch it"?
If you want to watch it, I say watch it.

I personally really want to watch it (blame Fortnite, it got MHA skins, which got me interested in the series)

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
So judging by the responses I got earlier, I'm guessing the consensus of MHA is "Nah don't watch it"?
It's a solid shonen overall. The antagonists are pretty weak, IMO, but the central cast is pretty fun.

Now would probably be the best time to watch it as the Manga series will most likely finish by the end of this year. The Anime is also pretty lean and only 1~2, straight filler episodes off the top of my head.

Most complaints I see have been how Bakugo, the rival character/secondary protagonist, is used and how the final story arc so far has been written so far in terms of pacing.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Just go with the flow, man.

And if someone knocks on your door and/or window in the middle of the night, definitely open it.
Uhhh

Look at the wall or something
...Those all sound like the opposite of good ideas in this situation. But eh, it's not like a movie monster like the Blair Witch could be real, anyway.

brb investigating some mysterious rock stacks that suddenly appeared in my yard with an old video camera

Shroob

Sup?
...Those all sound like the opposite of good ideas in this situation. But eh, it's not like a movie monster like the Blair Witch could be real, anyway.

brb investigating some mysterious rock stacks that suddenly appeared in my yard with an old video camera
Didn't the uhhh, recentish sequel confirm that looking at the wall negate the Witch's effects, or something, lol.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I actually think My Hero Academia is pretty solid overall, I just think you could do much better because to me after the Overhaul arc it just kinda lost me and I've come to realize that some of the characters are fairly undercooked. I really like Deku, Bakugo, and Todoroki's three-way rivalry dynamic but Deku individually is one of the most boring, milquetoast protagonists I've ever encountered.

Shroob

Sup?
I actually think My Hero Academia is pretty solid overall, I just think you could do much better because to me after the Overhaul arc it just kinda lost me and I've come to realize that some of the characters are fairly undercooked. I really like Deku, Bakugo, and Todoroki's three-way rivalry dynamic but Deku individually is one of the most boring, milquetoast protagonists I've ever encountered.
I think right now I'm going through some tonal whiplash is all lol.

This collab event is super light hearted and low stakes, so knowing that two of the characters involved are dead is taking me for a trip.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I think right now I'm going through some tonal whiplash is all lol.

This collab event is super light hearted and low stakes, so knowing that two of the characters involved are dead is taking me for a trip.
Which ones?

I don't care about spoilers

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Idk, I feel Deku's struggles and mannerisms really hit the mark on the struggles neurodivergent and/or disabled kids go through, both for being born without a quirk but for literally getting disabled and needing to change his ways to accomadate for it. As someone who had to teach herself a lot of stuff on her own due to my late mother being too sick to teach me basic **** during my childhood, I also found the realization that Deku quite literally has no idea how to handle One For All because unlike his classmates, he never had the chance to get used to the quirk and takes a good while to struggle with pretty hard hitting. Usually shonen protags are hotheaded, kinda dumb and able to overcome the odds through sheer power. Deku's more timid and nervous, needs to rely on his smarts and quite literally had to use his raw strength as a last resort cause it's devastating to him. A more milquetoast protag to me would be like, Mashle or Yuji. Fun can certainly be had, but they don't stick out as well as Deku does

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Caught the last two legends, used the Master Ball on Cresselia, and somehow I caught Giratina in a Heal Ball of all things. I know I could try to grind out the Pokedex and get like 70% - 80% of the dex at that point, but I wouldn't really feel like it. Though I could transfer them to Post Game Unova if I really felt like it.

Dunno, had the itch to play one again, but I didn't want to jump to Unova again cause that's easily the game I've played the most. But it's crazy how much new **** is in just Platinum. Even if the Remakes barely had any crazy new content, even the underground giving you more Fire and Grass options for teams seemed nice enough.

MHA I think is still a pretty solid series, but I admit that I feel like it's going through the motions a bit after Overhaul and the arc that introduced Mirko and Hawks. Not to say they haven't had some strong highlights, but it didn't have strong vibes like Stain had, or later arcs being better than early ones like Dark Tournament and Chapter Black for YYH or Frieza and Cell arcs being that for Dragonball(Thought the Piccolo, Tien, Saiyan and Buu arcs still hit,) IMO.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Idk, I feel Deku's struggles and mannerisms really hit the mark on the struggles neurodivergent and/or disabled kids go through, both for being born without a quirk but for literally getting disabled and needing to change his ways to accomadate for it. As someone who had to teach herself a lot of stuff on her own due to my late mother being too sick to teach me basic **** during my childhood, I also found the realization that Deku quite literally has no idea how to handle One For All because unlike his classmates, he never had the chance to get used to the quirk and takes a good while to struggle with pretty hard hitting. Usually shonen protags are hotheaded, kinda dumb and able to overcome the odds through sheer power. Deku's more timid and nervous, needs to rely on his smarts and quite literally had to use his raw strength as a last resort cause it's devastating to him. A more milquetoast protag to me would be like, Mashle or Yuji. Fun can certainly be had, but they don't stick out as well as Deku does
I dunno. I feel like I can see you're coming from but at the same time it feels to me like he got less and less interesting as the series went on. That's because the timidness factor that made him a breath of fresh air kind of disappeared with his development, and i don't really see the vision with his character afterwards (I've read up to the My Villain Academia arc)

I haven't really analyzed MHA admittedly and also haven't read it in a while (I'm waiting for the series to end and then I plan on reading the whole thing) so maybe my perspective could change on a re-read. For now I stand by my assertion though

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I dunno. I feel like I can see you're coming from but at the same time it feels to me like he got less and less interesting as the series went on. That's because the timidness factor that made him a breath of fresh air kind of disappeared with his development, and i don't really see the vision with his character afterwards (I've read up to the My Villain Academia arc)

I haven't really analyzed MHA admittedly and also haven't read it in a while (I'm waiting for the series to end and then I plan on reading the whole thing) so maybe my perspective could change on a re-read. For now I stand by my assertion though
That's fair, I'm not too keen on a major aspect that Deku got from the mid to end point personally either even if it makes more sense to go the way it did

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Watching Toy Story after so long again yesterday.

I'm surprised Sid never winded up in an insane asylum (As we saw in Toy Story 3). And looking at that scene again now, what Woody and the others did was kind of ****** up scarring him for life. Sure in their perspective, Sid's a villain to them for breaking, torturing and blowing them up and had to find a way to finally deal with him so Woody and Buzz could escape, but he's a troubled kid who had no idea the toys were alive.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Watching Toy Story after so long again yesterday.

I'm surprised Sid never winded up in an insane asylum (As we saw in Toy Story 3). And looking at that scene again now, what Woody and the others did was kind of ****** up scarring him for life. Sure in their perspective, Sid's a villain to them for breaking, torturing and blowing them up and had to find a way to finally deal with him so Woody and Buzz could escape, but he's a troubled kid who had no idea the toys were alive.
Tbf considering the way he was treating his toys, who knows how long it would’ve taken him to be bored with them and decided to move on to animals or worse. Plus he was destroying his sister’s toys too, not just his own. And handling explosives without adult supervision. And we don’t see his parents punishing him for anything of the sort. The toys had the right call with scaring him out of a potential future of becoming a Saw villain.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
decided to move on to animals or worse.
**** I never thought of that. That's a fair point tbh.

As an dog lover, I probably should've known better this is how serial killers or animal abusers might start, torture the weak then move onto the next thing which is people.

In a twisted way, they probably did him a favor then. Though I'm still surprised Sid was never committed to a mental hospital.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
He's at least happy when we see him as a garbage man in TS3. I think he really did take "SO PLAY NICE" to heart.
They really missed the opportunity of Sid seeing Woody and having the traumatic memory suddenly coming back to him. That would've been a treat to see. Lol.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Ghost & Molly McGee should totally get a 3rd season…

Top Bottom