• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
View attachment 382221

She has a canonical kill count of 3.

Also solo'd them despite a type disadvantage against all 3.
The best part is that she blungeoned them to death with a club, way funnier then if their deaths were quick and painless.

But its okay though, they got better

Jotadé

Smash Ace
December has been a great month for animation here in Spain:

-My Adventures With Superman (probably some of the best Superman media released in decades) finally got an official release in the country.
-The Boy And The Heron released
-The surprise of What If Season 2 turning out to be an improvement over the first one both writing and visual-wise
-The new Pokémon show "Conserje Pokémon" (idk how to say that in English) released and It is an awesome showcase of Stop-motion
-And that without going through various other releases such as Chicken Run 2 for example

Yeah, really satisfied with how this year ended.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The Superman show hyoe was funny.

Everyone was going bonkers over Lois Lane's new design (I get it) and then she jumped off a building and now everyone hates Lois Lane.

Still looks cute tho.
Comic book fans when their favourite examples of strong women don't just accept everything about their boyfriend and might have justified issues with them (They still haven't forgiven MJ in the Raimi trilogy for not putting up with Peter's bull****)

Jotadé

Smash Ace
The Superman show hyoe was funny.

Everyone was going bonkers over Lois Lane's new design (I get it) and then she jumped off a building and now everyone hates Lois Lane.

Still looks cute tho.
Comic book fans when their favourite examples of strong women don't just accept everything about their boyfriend and might have justified issues with them (They still haven't forgiven MJ in the Raimi trilogy for not putting up with Peter's bull****)
Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Lois Lane also do the whole jumping off a place thing in Superman 2? At the waterfall place? I'm sure its a common trope used in the Superman comics for the whole "Lois Lane finds Clark is Superman" thing. Haven't gotten to the episode where that happens (thanks MightyP for the spoiler) but I'm very confident It is something similar.
IDK why I even bother to share my two cents on the topic, I already know people here hate It when I handle any sort of serious or honest conversation anyways.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
You know this isn't true, why are you telling yourself otherwise? Did something happen that I missed?
Just... A series of unlucky situations online Gwen, I'll hopefully get over It in a few days when I meet my IRL friends and get to spend time with them.

Hopefully I can meet them on saturday, that would be quite helpful.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Just... A series of unlucky situations online Gwen, I'll hopefully get over It in a few days when I meet my IRL friends and get to spend time with them.

Hopefully I can meet them on saturday, that would be quite helpful.
I get it. I genuinely do. I am so goddamn tired and exhausted of all the bull**** I have to deal with constantly, but don't say such things about yourself, it genuinely makes your selfesteem worse over time, none of my partners are in the goddamn EU but I will not rest until I get to hold at least one of them tightly, that's the **** I'm fighting for. Oh, and love and peace, I suppose

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Now in all fairness, Raimi's MJ could have been written much better, it felt like dating someone else or getting in danger where her only two personality traits.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
I get it. I genuinely do. I am so goddamn tired and exhausted of all the bull** I have to deal with constantly, but don't say such things about yourself, it genuinely makes your selfesteem worse over time, none of my partners are in the goddamn EU but I will not rest until I get to hold at least one of them tightly, that's the ** I'm fighting for. Oh, and love and peace, I suppose
Wishing you a lot of strength too Gwen, I'm hopeful you'll get to meet them eventually. You are a genuiely bright-hearted person, I'm sure your partners are trying their best to go overseas and meet you too.

And yeah, I really need to take more care with my self-steem, as a wise person told me once: we need to save ourselves first before saving everyone else.

Sorry for making the topic about me btw, I'll try to... Control myself.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Now in all fairness, Raimi's MJ could have been written much better, it felt like dating someone else or getting in danger where her only two personality traits.
Oh yeah no but seeing that **** as an adult and you realize Peter's an asshole to her and she's completely justified in leaving him, Spiderman 3 especially, even before the suit stuff

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Please tell us whether or not it's a real movie when you're done watching it
so it was a movie…more real than fake, and definitely a good Aquaman film, but it probably should’ve come out before Flash did for a more sensible DCEU finale

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
I did a little experiment. I grabbed the top songs of the year on the charts for both the US and the UK since 1958.

1958:
Volare (Domenico Modungo) vs Jailhouse Rock (Elvis Presley)

1959:
The Battle of New Orleans (Johnny Horton) vs Living Doll (Cliff Richard and the Drifters)

1960:
Theme from A Summer Place (Percy Faith and his Orchestra) vs It’s Now or Never (Elvis Presley)

1961:
Tossin’ and Turnin’ (Bobby Lewis) vs Wooden Heart (Elvis Presley)

1962:
Stranger on the Shore (Mr Acker Bilk) vs I Remember You (Frank Ifield)

1963:
Surfin’ USA (The Beach Boys) vs She Loves You (The Beatles)

1964:
I Want to Hold Your Hand (The Beatles) vs Can’t Buy Me Love (The Beatles)

1965:
Wooly Bully (Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs) vs Tears (Ken Dodd)

1966:
California Dreamin’ (The Mamas and the Papas) vs Green, Green Grass of Home (Tom Jones)

1967:
To Sir with Love (Lulu) vs Release Me (Engelbert Humperdinck)

1968:
Both are Hey Jude (The Beatles)

1969:
Both are Sugar Sugar (The Archies)

1970:
Bridge Over Troubled Water (Simon and Garfunkel) vs In the Summertime (Mungo Jerry)

1971:
Joy to the World (Three Dog Night) vs My Sweet Lord (George Harrison)

1972:
The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face (Roberta Flack) vs Amazing Grace (Royal Scots Dragoon Guards)

1973:
Both are Tie a Yellow Ribbon Round the Ole Oak Tree (Tony Orlando and Dawn)

1974:
The Way We Were (Barbra Streisand) vs Tiger Feet (Mud)

1975:
Love Will Keep Us Together (Captain and Tennille) vs Bye Bye Baby (Bay City Rollers)

1976:
Silly Love Songs (Wings) vs Save Your Kisses for Me (Brotherhood of Man)

1977:
Tonight’s the Night (Rod Stewart) vs Mull of Kintyre (Wings)

1978:
Shadow Dancing (Andy Gibb) vs Rivers of Babylon (Boney M)

1979:
My Sharona (The Knack) vs Bright Eyes (Art Garfunkel)

1980:
Call Me (Blondie) vs Don’t Stand So Close to Me (The Police)

1981:
Bette Davis Eyes (Kim Carnes) vs Don’t You Want Me (The Human League)

1982:
Physical (Olivia Newton-John) vs Come On Eileen (Dexy’s Midnight Runners)

1983:
Every Breath You Take (The Police) vs Karma Chameleon (Culture Club)

1984:
When Doves Cry (Prince) vs Do They Know It’s Christmas? (Band Aid)

1985:
Careless Whisper (Wham!) vs The Power of Love (Jennifer Rush)

1986:
That’s What Friends Are For (Dionne and Friends) vs Don’t Leave Me This Way (The Communards)

1987:
Walk Like an Egyptian (The Bangles) vs Never Gonna Give You Up (Rick Astley)

1988:
Faith (George Micheal) vs Mistletoe and Wine (Cliff Richard)

1989:
Look Away (Chicago) vs Ride on Time (Black Box)

1990:
Hold On (Wilson Phillips) vs Unchained Melody (The Righteous Brothers)

1991:
Both are Everything I Do (Bryan Adams)

1992:
End of the Road (Boyz II Men) vs I Will Always Love You (Whitney Houston)

1993:
I Will Always Love You (Whitney Houston) vs I Would Do Anything For Love (Meat Loaf)

1994:
The Sign (Ace of Base) vs Love Is All Around (Wet Wet Wet)

1995:
Gangsta’s Paradise (Coolio and LV) vs Unchained Melody (Robson and Jerome)

1996:
Macarena (Los Del Rio) vs Killing Me Softly (The Fugees)

1997:
Both are Candle in the Wind 1997 (Elton John)

1998:
Too Close (Next) vs Believe (Cher)

1999:
Believe (Cher) vs Baby One More Time (Britney Spears)

2000:
Breathe (Faith Hill) vs Can We Fix It? (Bob the Builder)

2001:
Hanging by a Moment (Lifehouse) vs It Wasn’t Me (Shaggy and RikRok)

2002:
How You Remind Me (Nickelback) vs Anything is Possible (Will Young)

2003:
In Da Club (50 Cent) vs Where is the Love? (The Black Eyed Peas)

2004:
Yeah! (Usher, Ludacris and Lil Jon) vs Do They Know It’s Christmas? (Band Aid 20)

2005:
We Belong Together (Mariah Carey) vs Is This the Way to Amarillo? (Tony Christie and Peter Kay)

2006:
Bad Day (Daniel Powter) vs Crazy (Gnarls Barkley)

2007:
Irreplacable (Beyonce) vs Bleeding Love (Leona Lewis)

2008:
Low (Flo Rida and T-Pain) vs Hallelujah (Alexandra Burke)

2009:
Boom Boom Pow (The Black Eyed Peas) vs Poker Face (Lady Gaga)

2010:
TiK ToK (Kesha) vs Love the Way You Lie (Eminem and Rihanna)

2011:
Rolling in the Deep (Adele) vs Someone Like You (Adele)

2012:
Both are Somebody That I Used to Know (Gotye and Kimbra)

2013:
Thrift Shop (Macklemore and Ryan Lewis and Wanz) vs Blurred Lines (Robin Thicke, T.I. and Pharrell Williams)

2014:
Both are Happy (Pharrell Williams)

2015:
Both are Uptown Funk (Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars)

2016:
Love Yourself (Justin Bieber) vs One Dance (Drake, Wizkid and Kyla)

2017:
Both are Shape of You (Ed Sheeran)

2018:
God’s Plan (Drake) vs One Kiss (Calvin Harris and Dua Lipa)

2019:
Old Town Road (Lil Nas X and Billy Ray Cyrus) vs Someone You Loved (Lewis Capaldi)

2020:
Both are Blinding Lights (The Weeknd)

2021:
Levitating (Dua Lipa) vs Bad Habits (Ed Sheeran)

2022:
Heat Waves (Glass Animals) vs As it Was (Harry Styles)

2023:
Last Night (Morgan Wallen) vs Flowers (Miley Cyrus)

For me, these are the US' biggest wins over the UK:

And these are the UK's biggest wins over the US:
2022 (By a mile lol)

Let me know your thoughts if you have any.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'm spending more time in the Grand Underground than I am playing the actual game in BDSP.

Got the second gym badge though. Still not entirely sure how I should be building my team of Polkamon but it's not like the game is requiring much from me atm.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Do I still have to do the play the console upside-down gimmick when evolving Inkay in SV?

The Joy-Cons I have on my Switch now don't have gyro and I don't feel like digging out my first party ones.

Top Bottom