• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Shroob

Sup?
Wait, the Little Golden Book?

Dude, I read those books all the time as a kid. Everything from their Disney and fairy tale adaptations to their original stories. They're quite obviously intended for young children to read.

How the hell are they going to adapt a movie as violent and adult-oriented as Alien into a Little Golden Book?

More importantly, why are they trying to adapt a movie as violent and adult-oriented as Alien into a Little Golden Book?!?!?
Holy ****

The 90's are BACK

Movie made for an adult audience?

Make a toy line out of it geared towards kids!

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
They also made a Funko Pop Jaws one

I am really struggling to find an audience here.
I know I joke about this a lot, but the fact that it's Funko Pop as well as being a childrens book based on a property that, at their age, was in theaters when their grandparents were kids...

Millenials that refuse to grow up. Like the average r/movies cinema snob.

You know the ones.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
If this children's book adaptation of Alien either bombs and/or gets lots of complaints from angry parents, I'm expecting the reactions of the people behind this adaptation to go something like this:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I mean given the resurgence of adults consuming children's (like toddler's) media, there's gonna be a lot more "adult" media turned children's books.

Whether of not the audience has kids of their own is unknown.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I mean given the resurgence of adults consuming children's (like toddler's) media, there's gonna be a lot more "adult" media turned children's books.

Whether of not the audience has kids of their own is unknown.
Sadly, many will slip through the gene pool and reproduce, ushering in a new. unknown era.

StormC

Smash Hero
They also made a Funko Pop Jaws one

I am really struggling to find an audience here.
The only thing to observe here is under late capitalism, IP holders mine out everything with even remotely recognizable iconography to squeeze out any possible revenue from consumers that faintly remember certain brands

It's not really about an "audience" so much as flipping a switch in a potential buyers' head that makes them go "I know what that is"

osby

Smash Obsessed
Which mythological gods need therapy the most?
(Obligatory disclosure that mythical gods aren't coherent characters with consistent personalities, but representations of deified concepts deemed objects of worship by societies that created them.)

I'd say the goddess Anat is up there. After his brother's death at the hands of the underworld god Mot, she kills him in revenge, which is understandable. But then she slashes Mot's body to pieces. Then she sifts the remains. Then she burns them. Then she grinds them with a millstone. Then she scatters them for birds to eat.

Like, I get that she was trying to be through but that woman needs an anger management lesson or two.

Shroob

Sup?
Decided to use my Item Printer money to....

Buy 999 of every sandwich ingredient.

Yes, that was a good investment of my money. I'm sure that herbed sausage is going to be good a year later, all 999 of them.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Decided to use my Item Printer money to....

Buy 999 of every sandwich ingredient.

Yes, that was a good investment of my money. I'm sure that herbed sausage is going to be good a year later, all 999 of them.
Get a big freezer.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Holy ****

The 90's are BACK

Movie made for an adult audience?

Make a toy line out of it geared towards kids!
Kids today are too soft, we need a Robocop one which has E is for Eddie and seeing it absolutely slaughter that dude and show it to 4 year olds, happened to an irl of mine and he turned out fine
****ed up thing is I don't even shiny hunt so like

I literally bought food to just have it sit there.
Oh no Shroob is becoming the bourgeoisie, prepare the guillotines!

Shroob

Sup?
I'm gonna let you in on a little secret Shroob.

We all are bad at fighting games

I beat ****ing Justice and XX Arcade I-No and I still don't know how to properly Roman Cancel
Skullgirls is in this weirdly nostalgic camp for me cause like

One of my best friends hyped it up and got me to pick it up

I ****ing sucked

Then the kickstarter happened and like "**** yeah support indie devs!" and I dropped like 250 bucks

And then I never played it

And then the controversy happened

And now the game's in a good spot

It's soo cheap and the DLC is on sale too that I may just, do it.

Also what the **** it's TEN YEARS OLD now??!

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Oh, Skullgirls is like 2 bucks on the Switch huh.

My name's in the credits due to the Kickstarter, I may get it.

I'm *ing * at traditional fighting games tho.
quickly buys game so I can get the upper hand on you during arguments by calling you by your name name
sneakytom.jpg

Which mythological gods need therapy the most?
Pretty sure all of Zues' Dastard but with a B kids need it bad

Last edited:
Top Bottom