• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Which mythological gods need therapy the most?

Noipoi

Howdy!
I got a board game night in a few hours but the only ones who signed up for it right now is just me and the host.

I don't like that.
You have two options:

1. Use this one-on-one opportunity to get the know the host better and make a friend.

2. Realize that there’s only one other person there and you have no excuse for failure. Crush ‘em into dust.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
You have two options:

1. Use this one-on-one opportunity to get the know the host better and make a friend.

2. Realize that there’s only one other person there and you have no excuse for failure. Crush ‘em into dust.
I've been to the host's events a number of times before so I know that he is a cool dude.

And not long after my previous post, someone else just signed up. The day is saved!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm considering getting either Risk of Rain 2 or Death Stranding while they're at lower prices points for the Steam Winter Sale.

Anyone recommendations from anyone who's played either/both games? I've never played the original Risk of Rain but the sequel looks incredibly fun, and I'm not sure if the games have enough of a storyline or not to make playing the first game necessary to understand the second.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Another Project Voltage supporting artwork has been released for Rin and Len’s anniversary, simply titled “Anniversary” by Chie Rico. This one has Rin, Len, Miku, Pom-Pom style Oricorio, Plusle, Minun, and Revavroom:

also, I missed one made by Kurumitsu for Christmas, ft. Normal-type Luka with Winter Sawsbuck, and Ice-type Miku with Delibird and Iron Bundle:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
This LEGO set is so cool for 35 bucks
the fact It even connects to the past No Way Home set is great too.
On one hand I don't like the idea of what is essentially Lego set DLC

On the other hand, both of these sets are top tier on their own so it doesn't really matter.

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
What do you think of this? 100 player Splatoon matches. Either in teams of 10 or each player with their own color.
absolutely not

even ignoring the game engine presumably being unable to handle more than 10 clients connected already(8 players + 2 spectators) that'd just be way too chaotic and disorganized, que times would be too long(its hard enough queing for high x rank and I'd wager the pool is around 100 individual players at any time of day) and there'd be no meaningful way to coordinate or keep comms clear with that many players on a team

Splatoon as a game heavily incentives and rewards high skill technical movement plays more than raw advantage in numbers, cranking the number of players up just makes rushing in and taking unnecessarily engagements and special spam way too free of a strategy when you can plop booyah bombs or tenta missiles everywhere and get random picks because of the sheer quantity of players, vs quality.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm considering getting either Risk of Rain 2 or Death Stranding while they're at lower prices points for the Steam Winter Sale.

Anyone recommendations from anyone who's played either/both games? I've never played the original Risk of Rain but the sequel looks incredibly fun, and I'm not sure if the games have enough of a storyline or not to make playing the first game necessary to understand the second.
Has anyone here played either of these games? No worries if not, I'm, just asking again to see if either game is more worth getting than the other.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
God. Me, my mom, and my sister all have colds. But because it's hitting us all in different levels it's like we're having a **** measuring contest of sickness, a sick measuring contest, if you will. Like, yeah, of course the same virus that gives me (a younger person with a robust immune system) a cough and post nasal drip is gonna hit my mom worse because she's older and is gonna incapacitate my sister because she's got an autoimmune disorder and falls apart when you breath on her. But that doesn't mean my mom can just shout "you're not sick" at me when I say I am. Because I am. You either are sick or you're not. You can't be "not sick enough to qualify". So frustrating

Noipoi

Howdy!
God. Me, my mom, and my sister all have colds. But because it's hitting us all in different levels it's like we're having a **** measuring contest of sickness, a sick measuring contest, if you will. Like, yeah, of course the same virus that gives me (a younger person with a robust immune system) a cough and post nasal drip is gonna hit my mom worse because she's older and is gonna incapacitate my sister because she's got an autoimmune disorder and falls apart when you breath on her. But that doesn't mean my mom can just shout "you're not sick" at me when I say I am. Because I am. You either are sick or you're not. You can't be "not sick enough to qualify". So frustrating
Hold a wrestling match to determine who is the most sick

Noipoi

Howdy!
Pokemon Day 2024. Consider the following:

The Unova game(s) are a new Legends game taking place in the past of the region, the masses rejoice. But instead of another BDSP situation, the other game is a sequel to the original B/W and B/W2 with HD 2.5D pixel graphics. Think the Octopath games.

So uhh Legends: Minccino and Pokemon Black 3 & White 3. 3D and 2D. Unova's past and Unova's future.

Yes I know this will never happen in a million years I just saw an Octopath video and was inspired

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Pokemon Day 2024. Consider the following:

The Unova game(s) are a new Legends game taking place in the past of the region, the masses rejoice. But instead of another BDSP situation, the other game is a sequel to the original B/W and B/W2 with HD 2.5D pixel graphics. Think the Octopath games.

So uhh Legends: Minccino and Pokemon Black 3 & White 3. 3D and 2D. Unova's past and Unova's future.

Yes I know this will never happen in a million years I just saw an Octopath video and was inspired
Somewhat related, but I feel like BDSP would have gone crazy visually if they polished the character models and used the new Pokemon models from PLA onwards. The enviroments were super cozy and warm feeling that was offset by the characters looking like...
galactic14.jpg

And I don't hate the chibi arstyle, it looks cute, but they could have done a better job

Shroob

Sup?
Somewhat related, but I feel like BDSP would have gone crazy visually if they polished the character models and used the new Pokemon models from PLA onwards. The enviroments were super cozy and warm feeling that was offset by the characters looking like...
View attachment 382207

And I don't hate the chibi arstyle, it looks cute, but they could have done a better job
Funko Pop

Funko Pop

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
In news I don’t understand, there is going to be a Little Golden Book version of the movie Alien.

My question is… how exactly?
"
In space no one can hear you giggle as you read this Little Golden Book featuring the characters from the classic movie Alien

Follow Ripley and the rest of the Nostromo crew on a space adventure that introduces the alphabet from A to Z. With fun illustrations, this light-hearted reimagining of the iconic movie Alien will delight fans young and old, as well as Little Golden Book collectors throught the universe.
"

C is for chestburster.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
In news I don’t understand, there is going to be a Little Golden Book version of the movie Alien.

My question is… how exactly?
Wait, the Little Golden Book?

Dude, I read those books all the time as a kid. Everything from their Disney and fairy tale adaptations to their original stories. They're quite obviously intended for young children to read.

How the hell are they going to adapt a movie as violent and adult-oriented as Alien into a Little Golden Book?

More importantly, why are they trying to adapt a movie as violent and adult-oriented as Alien into a Little Golden Book?!?!?

Top Bottom