• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Indigo Disk

So I learned about the Team Star Tutor stuff and I have completed the DLC, I've done the scene with Penny and Ortega and I have completed all of the classes but Giacomo and Eri are not appearing, Is there another thing I have to do to initiate it?

Shroob

Sup?
Indigo Disk

So I learned about the Team Star Tutor stuff and I have completed the DLC, I've done the scene with Penny and Ortega and I have completed all of the classes but Giacomo and Eri are not appearing, Is there another thing I have to do to initiate it?
Have you done Penny's sidequest enough to the point you unlock her room in the places to go?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh yeah, Fire Emblem.

Realized I missed not one, but two sidequests in Eliwoods story. One is lost forever but I won't lose sleep since the merchant is recruited regardless, but the other...

Well I have a seperate save so I can attempt it again, but chapter 16 took a lot of tries.

Also, Hector...
View attachment 382171
Well, FE7 does this thing where if you beat the game once, you unlock Hector mode, which has some new maps, extra characters and has Hector as the character who gets the focus and character development. Beyond that, Hector is this kickass dude who I will always remember as "Oh no I forgot to move Hector and he's at low health, he's gonna die" only for him to take no damage after a level up slaughter everything in his path. Lyn's the fragile dodgetank who will double anything, Eliwood's a bit of a jack of all trades but Hector is an actual goddamn beast who's only weakness is he doesn't like fighting mages until he gets like a 5 Res boost on promotion because he's simply built different

There's also Hector Hard Mode which is unlocked after beating Hector Mode once and has a stupid ass sidequest requirement that gives us Nergal's backstory, recontextualizing his entire shtick which the English translation managed to screw up somehow.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Well, FE7 does this thing where if you beat the game once, you unlock Hector mode, which has some new maps, extra characters and has Hector as the character who gets the focus and character development. Beyond that, Hector is this kickass dude who I will always remember as "Oh no I forgot to move Hector and he's at low health, he's gonna die" only for him to take no damage after a level up slaughter everything in his path. Lyn's the fragile dodgetank who will double anything, Eliwood's a bit of a jack of all trades but Hector is an actual goddamn beast who's only weakness is he doesn't like fighting mages until he gets like a 5 Res boost on promotion because he's simply built different

There's also Hector Hard Mode which is unlocked after beating Hector Mode once and has a stupid ass sidequest requirement that gives us Nergal's backstory, recontextualizing his entire shtick which the English translation managed to screw up somehow.
Atm Eliwood is a liability. Hector may not be story relevant but he can at least tank some hits, Eliwood is fragile and. I found more usage for Lyn (she can dish out) but she's evem more dragile (so chapters that aren't good for swords she's left out).

I wish the game was more up front on what you have to do to unlock sidequests, or at least tell you which chapters have one. Like I said, I missed two; The one that unlocks the merchant is not one I'm worried about since he's a mandatory unlock anyways, but there's one where you unlock the only Shaman in the game and they do not tell you how to activate the quests.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Atm Eliwood is a liability. Hector may not be story relevant but he can at least tank some hits, Eliwood is fragile and. I found more usage for Lyn (she can dish out) but she's evem more dragile (so chapters that aren't good for swords she's left out).

I wish the game was more up front on what you have to do to unlock sidequests, or at least tell you which chapters have one. Like I said, I missed two; The one that unlocks the merchant is not one I'm worried about since he's a mandatory unlock anyways, but there's one where you unlock the only Shaman in the game and they do not tell you how to activate the quests.
Yeah, sidequests in FE can be kinda, annoying in how cryptic they can be.

For example, in FE6, you have to clear certain maps in X amount of turns, which means you gotta sometimes speedrun.

But at least no game will ever be as bad as Shadow Dragon, which forces you to kill your own units, sometimes in droves.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Yeahhhhhh that's kinda how the Lord trio of the game go. Hope you're still having fun at least, Eliwood's promotion is a fixed story ment so he will just ooze out mediocrity like his son

I think you have to visit one of the villages for that one, it's something I do naturally as a veteran but it hould be either than or helping out the green units. The one that makes Nergal cool is locked behind playing the game at least twice and getting Nils up to level 10 before a certain point iirc which is ludicrous. Then there's FE4 which needs you to beat it 12 ****ing times to get answers on one of the biggest mysteries in the game

Shroob

Sup?
****ed up thought.

People keep saying "Gen 5 confirmed!" for what's next in terms of Pokemon but.... what if it's Gen 6....?

Why is every box Legendary catchable except the life trio?

Why does Geeta have soo many Kalos Pokemon on her team?

Roaring Moon and Iron Valiant share similarities to Megamence and Megavoir....

BUT HEY THAT'S JUST THEORY A GA------Shot

Noipoi

Howdy!
****ed up thought.

People keep saying "Gen 5 confirmed!" for what's next in terms of Pokemon but.... what if it's Gen 6....?

Hype up nothing but Unova ****

Make a Kalos game instead

Biggest bait & switch in gaming history.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
****ed up thought.

Would honestly be based.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
oh that is like 5 too many big servers for my anxiety brain lol

used to be on a lot of big servers, moderated a few too(namely the r/yugioh discord server), also was in Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna 's server for a few years but its just... eh, not much in common.

I have my own private server with friends, another friend server with a artist who I want to meet irl at MFF next year, and then a ****ton of Splatoon team servers + tournament servers for scheduling stuff(I actively avoid talking in big servers just cause I find most of the time unless you're already established as part of the in group its virtually yelling into a void of nothingness)

edit: here's what it looks like for reference, I like to keep it nice and organized too ~w~
I've been summoned

And I'm mostly retired.

Also hi SB, I'm still alive.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Finally watched Made in Abyss Season 2.
Still a fantastic show though certainly not for everyone.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Incredibly based how they outright brought a well-known bara artist to draw Sol for official Guilty Gear vinyl

View attachment 382190
Daisuke knew what the people wanted after making Sol Freddie Mercury for over 2 decades. He consistently draws Ky, peak femboy of the series, with the most kissable lips on a man too

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
ended up getting NASB2 cause drastic discount that coincidentally lead to it being free thanks to EShop coins

Jondolio

Smash Hero
The only Pokémon I'm missing in my entire National dex are the Scarlet Paradoxes, so no one would mind giving them to me permenantly as a birthday gift, right? Haha just kidding.... Unless...?

Top Bottom