• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Yooooooo! Nice!

In my case my mother and a friend of her's won 120 bucks at the Christmas lottery. Her friend will get a half, and then my mother will share 20 bucks each for my father, her and I.
20221104_132346.jpg

Winning money near christmas is the best feeling ever

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Considering all the absentee fathers in the Pokémon games, I’m surprised they haven’t done a game where your dad was either the champion or the boss of the evil team.
Remeber when everyone thought Sycamore was the leader of Team Flare because

He had red socks

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Initially, I was going to provide my favourite films and tv shows of 2023 close towards the end of the year, but I decided I may as well post them right now:

My top 3 favourite films of the year:

1. Barbie - Greta Gerwig's creativity certainly shined within a fun yet entertaining film which in addition was carried out by excellent casting performances especially from Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling.

2. Super Mario Bros. The Movie - Whilst I do know that the critic reviews were quite harsh, the Super Mario Bros. The Movie (despite some flaws) is still enjoyable to watch and this is coming from someone who is very familiar with the video gaming franchise growing up.

3. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 - James Gunn's final MCU film was certainly a fitting finale for Peter Quill's gang with a very heartfelt and well done concept.

My top 3 favourite tv shows of the year:

1. Loki Season 2 - Like GoTG Vol. 3, Tom Hiddleston's Loki certainly had a phenomenal journey who eventually found his own "glorious purpose."

2. Bear Season 2 - Similar to the first season, the second season raised its stakes with a lot of drama and tension throughout the episodes amongst the characters with excellent performances from its cast.

3. One Piece (Netflix series) - Based upon Oda Eiichiro's famous manga, the Netflix series was able to not only respect the source material, but it was very well casted.

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
Initially, I was going to provide my favourite films and tv shows of 2023 close towards the end of the year, but I decided I may as well post them right now:

My top 3 favourite films of the year:

1. Barbie - Greta Gerwig's creativity certainly shined within a fun yet entertaining film which in addition was carried out by excellent casting performances especially from Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling.

2. Super Mario Bros. The Movie - Whilst I do know that the critic reviews were quite harsh, the Super Mario Bros. The Movie (despite some flaws) is still enjoyable to watch and this is coming from someone who is very familiar with the video gaming franchise growing up.

3. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 - James Gunn's final MCU film was certainly a fitting finale for Peter Quill's gang with a very heartfelt and well done concept.

My top 3 favourite tv shows of the year:

1. Loki Season 2 - Like GoTG Vol. 3, Tom Hiddleston's Loki certainly had a phenomenal journey who eventually found his own "glorious purpose."

2. Bear Season 2 - Similar to the first season, the second season raised its stakes with a lot of drama and tension throughout the episodes amongst the characters with excellent performances from its cast.

3. One Piece (Netflix series) - Based upon Oda Eiichiro's famous manga, the Netflix series was able to not only respect the source material, but it was very well casted.
Oh true Dezeray, I didn't share my favourite TV shows this year:

-Star Trek Strange New Worlds: this one arrived on Spain this year in Skyshowtime and honestly as my first Star Trek TV show I enjoyed It a lot. Kudos to Anson Mount (Black Bolt on Inhumans) for his role as the Captain. He Nails It.
-Transformers Earthspark: Really fun animated series for families located in the Transformers universe, a step up from Cyberverse and Robots In Disguise
-Castlevania Nocturne: already shared my thoughts.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Thinking it over, here is my pitch for a smash movie.

We start with Mario and Luigi as well as peach and toad back in the fire flower field, pondering about different universes again.

Peach and toad are there as well. All of a sudden a letter magically appears in front of everyone.

As the begin to read and the worlds other worlds echo, the starry sky transitions to a whole new setting.

Here we get scenes of our big characters and how they get there. Samus has just completed a mission when her ship redirects her. Fox and Falco get sucked into a black hole. We see a shot of someone boarding a boat but we don’t know who yet. Far-away on planet pop star, after finishing a delicious Strawberry shortcake. Taking off on a warp star for a new adventure.

Back in Mario’s world, Dk is sent out to talk to the princess, however he arrives to chaos as mysterious forces are trying to free bowser. Leading to the first big fight of the film, DK vs these shadow creatures.

Unfortunately Bowser still gets taken and dk follows leading to a portal to a new world.

Now back to Mario and co, in this new world they find a mysterious citadel. Entering they are greeted by Mewtwo and his two warriors, Pikachu and Marth, the hero king. Soon the rest of our characters pull up one by one, and we see the boat contained villager and Isabelle.

Mewtwo welcomes everyone and explains how he invited everyone here for a test. However before he can give out more details, trouble begins and it seems a larger threat is at play….

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
Yo people, so something really wholesome just happened and I wanted to talk about It with ya'll.

So we were at the birthday party, talking and such, when I heard one of my little cousins crying at the entrance. I went there, and he was sad because he had lost a race against the older one (honestly, the oldest of my little cousins is genuiely a pro at a lot of stuff, he even got featured on the video of a popular Parkour youtuber because his parkour was that great for his age).

Anyways, It was basically the usual thing with little kids where they still need to learn about winning and losing, learning from trial and error and such.
So I got close to him, and I first helped him breath slowly with some techniques I learnt at my psychologist. Then I slowly talked to him, and asked him about how he was feeling. He told me he was sad he lost.
And then, I started talking to him about my primary school days, how I used to be really bad at soccer and nobody picked me up for the recess teams... But also about how I learnt from there to practice, keep improving from the mistakes I made, to try and try again and to just... Be glad to still stand still.

He understood It quite well, and instantly stopped crying, he hugged me and went on to keep playing with my other little cousins.
I talked with my cousine and her husband (the parents of two of my little cousins basically) and I talked with them about how I was feeling in regards to my status on the family. How I was worried about being left apart and how I was worried they would drop all Contact with me in the case they thought I was like that one family member who was a hunter and did ****ty stuff (nobody likes him anyways)
... And yeah, she hugged me and told me that I should not worry, that she and her sisters are just so busy with life, work and such that they can't get to see me as much as they wish. She also insisted she was glad to have me here after what went on with my aunt and such earlier this year, which was recomforting.

So yeah, a lot of relief and mental peace right now, really happy with myself.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I will say it is funny how so many retrotubers acted like Rare leaving Nintendo for Microsoft was worse than 9/11. Some still act like that because Rare doesn't make scrimbo's collect 1000000 thingamabobs adventure anymore and just moved on to bigger projects (heresy).
I agree with this.

But also there should be a new Banjo game someday.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I watched the new Percy Jackson show with my friends. I was a huge fan of the books when I was younger and still have some fond memories and my friends are even bigger fans of them.

My biggest gripe with the show is the pacing which goes over the event of the book way too quickly, but other than that it's a really fun time. The performances are really good and considering the leads are child actors, that's very impressive. The adult actors were pretty great too, I didn't know Jason Mantzoukas could be scary. I had fun, looking forward to the next episode.

Also Percy's mom is really pretty

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
I watched the new Percy Jackson show with my friends. I was a huge fan of the books when I was younger and still have some fond memories and my friends are even bigger fans of them.

My biggest gripe with the show is the pacing which goes over the event of the book way too quickly, but other than that it's a really fun time. The performances are really good and considering the leads are child actors, that's very impressive. The adult actors were pretty great too, I didn't know Jason Mantzoukas could be scary. I had fun, looking forward to the next episode.

Also Percy's mom is really pretty
Oooooh :O

Glad that you liked the show, may actually check It out as I was worried It would be as awkward as the past two movies.

Thanks for sharing your feedback and thoughts Jondolio!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also in my story idea, There are two other characters not mentioned that show up later.

both inklings are found in test tube chambers like mewtwo was made. Both preserved there to avoid a potential extinction event in their time. They are released later and join the fight.

This also allows every game in the franchise to have at least one character from them without over flooding the cast.

also every character gets an intro graphic detailing fun things about their background.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Oooooh :O

Glad that you liked the show, may actually check It out as I was worried It would be as awkward as the past two movies.

Thanks for sharing your feedback and thoughts Jondolio!
It's already way better than the movies. I don't remember much of the books but this show captures their spirit really well and I actually recognize the characters as who they're supposed to be. We didn't get much of Annabeth but I do love what I've seen of her, and Percy and Grover are just perfect. So is Clarisse surprisingly enough, she feels like a schoolyard bully which is exactly what she needs to be.

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
It's already way better than the movies. I don't remember much of the books but this show captures their spirit really well and I actually recognize the characters as who they're supposed to be. We didn't get much of Annabeth but I do love what I've seen of her, and Percy and Grover are just perfect. So is Clarisse surprisingly enough, she feels like a schoolyard bully which is exactly what she needs to be.
Glad to hear that It turned out to be true that the show is closer to the books!

I haven't read all of them, but at university my Mythology teachers really highly praised them for being both outstanding young literature and for being really respectful towards Greek Mythology, which was kinda lost with the movies.

If I ever get to meet them again, I will likely tell them about the show, so yeah, thanks again for sharing all this out Jon!

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
Fun fact: your reflection in the mirror or pictures of you is not actually what you look like, it's always slightly off.
Funnily enough I learnt that from a Nitro Rad video about an indie game which was about taking photos in a cyberpunk world. It was actually quite an educative video about photography and lenses. Here's the video if you wanna check It out:

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
This cover of Magneto's theme goes so hard:

Unrelated to the Christmas music-posting, just remembered It exists and wanted to share It.

Top Bottom