• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
After Pecharunt drops, and the final few things in Blueberry Academy unlocks, I guess I'll have done everything in Gen 9.

Now what.
Easy question with an easy answer:
You get a job as TheMightyP TheMightyP said go play Tears Of The Kingdom, Dragon Quest Monsters The Dark Prince, FFVII Remake or Xenoblade Chronicles 3.

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
@everyone currently online on the chat and the ones who aren't such as osby osby or Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen for example

Not capping, this was a great day and just a peak time when I needed It most and you people have been really supportive throught the whole day and everything. May not seem like it but just by being cool with me hanging around and sharing stuff ya'll did enough.

Ya'll are cool.

D

Deleted member

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania
Barbie (x2)
Castle in the Sky
Coraline
Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves
Elemental (x2)
Five Nights at Freddy’s
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
Haunted Mansion
Hocus Pocus
Howl’s Moving Castle
Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny
Kiki’s Delivery Service
Knock at the Cabin
M3GAN
Missing
My Neighbor Totoro
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
Oppenheimer
Over the Hedge
Paw Patrol: The Mighty Movie
Ponyo
Porco Rosso
Princess Mononoke
😾 in Boots: The Last Wish (x2)
RiffTrax Live: RAD
Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse
Spirited Away
Spirited Away: Live on Stage
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem (x2)
The Bad Guys
The Boy and the Heron
The Little Mermaid (2023) (x2)
The Lorax
The Marvels
The Nightmare Before Christmas
The Super Mario Bros. Movie (x4)
The Wind Rises
Trolls: Band Together
Wish (x2)
Wonka

Evidently the name of that cat from Shrek 2, the one voiced by Antonio Banderas...got censored, hence why there's a cat emoji in the title.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
Well people, It is 12:02pm for me, so I better get to rest so I can prepare for tomorrow.

Had a great day, and I am very grateful for that. Here's hoping tomorrow goes as well or at least ends up being a decent day.

See ya'll tomorrow hopefully!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The next Project Voltage song released; "Juvenile" by Jin:

Idk what the lyrics to this one mean either, but it sounds good and the video is cool and cute. I think the trainer is Miku, and she sets out with her Eevee.

Shroob

Sup?
See you in a week
Honestly for as fervently as I finished the Dex, I kinda, can't be asked to finish this since a lot of the Pokemon I'm missing are either from Let's Go, Gen 5, or Gen 8.

Gen 9 is kinda the exception to everything since it reignited my love of Pokemon... to the point that going back feels soo bad.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Tbh same, a lot can be mindless fun. But that's it, mindless fun. Not the best game of all time and you're dumb for not playing it.

I will say it is funny how so many retrotubers acted like Rare leaving Nintendo for Microsoft was worse than 9/11. Some still act like that because Rare doesn't make scrimbo's collect 1000000 thingamabobs adventure anymore and just moved on to bigger projects (heresy).
First of all, you can't tell me that scrimblo isn't insulting on some level or isn't derived from insulting origins. Second, People have been dissatisfied with Rare's output for a long time. Sure, the things they made on the Xbox and beyond found their fans. And some of those fans are also fans of the retro stuff. But some people have this air of superiority about what they're doing now compared to what they used to do. Same thing about the kinds of games that are being made now all over the industry vs. what used to be made back in the day.

Just because you have 50 x the horsepower and can make giant open spaces and super detailed realistic characters and can have 6 billion players all playing at the same time and have all sorts of crafting and customization elements and a story that wins you awards and gets video essays written about it on YouTube doesn't make your game automatically better. Any one of those things could be a turn off for someone. And just because those elements happen to make games sell better and to more people right now doesn't mean they're the ultimate expression of quality game design. Once apon a time different things caused games to become more popular and I'm sure they'll change again. So maybe if Rare could throw their old fans a bone and stop acting like they're enlightened scholars because they made an open world always online pirate sim and are currently in development hell on the game equivalent of an artsy fartsy student film, that would be great. Maybe if more game developers and publishers could do that in general too, that would also be pretty cool. I mean SEGA's doing it. Nintendo and Square never really stopped. Capcom is trying, kinda. It's not hard.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
May as well do my top 11 movies of this year.

11. 65
10. Meg 2: The Trench
9. Missing
8. Renfield
7. Thanksgiving
6. The Super Mario Bros. Movie
5. Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse
4. Sisu
3. Cocaine Bear
2. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
1. Godzilla Minus One

Honorable Mentions: Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves, Fast X, Mortal Kombat Legends: Cage Match, Napoleon, Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken

Shroob

Sup?
First of all, you can't tell me that scrimblo isn't insulting on some level or isn't derived from insulting origins. Second, People have been dissatisfied with Rare's output for a long time. Sure, the things they made on the Xbox and beyond found their fans. And some of those fans are also fans of the retro stuff. But some people have this air of superiority about what they're doing now compared to what they used to do. Same thing about the kinds of games that are being made now all over the industry vs. what used to be made back in the day.

Just because you have 50 x the horsepower and can make giant open spaces and super detailed realistic characters and can have 6 billion players all playing at the same time and have all sorts of crafting and customization elements and a story that wins you awards and gets video essays written about it on YouTube doesn't make your game automatically better. Any one of those things could be a turn off for someone. And just because those elements happen to make games sell better and to more people right now doesn't mean they're the ultimate expression of quality game design. Once apon a time different things caused games to become more popular and I'm sure they'll change again. So maybe if Rare could throw their old fans a bone and stop acting like they're enlightened scholars because they made an open world always online pirate sim and are currently in development hell on the game equivalent of an artsy fartsy student film, that would be great. Maybe if more game developers and publishers could do that in general too, that would also be pretty cool. I mean SEGA's doing it. Nintendo and Square never really stopped. Capcom is trying, kinda. It's not hard.
Snake, darlin', deep breaths and relax.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Apparently an executive for Nickelodeon said that they [Paramount] declined the merge because they found Zaslav “bad for business”
A major corporation actually has brains!
IT'S A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!!!
I am now Padoru Miku.

I wanna draw Padoru Steve too but idk if I'll get to him by Christmas.
Spread the Padoru.
Spread the Padoru.
Spread the Padoru.
Has anyone watched the new Castlevania season on Netflix? With Richter and Maria? How was it?

I know people hated it for various reasons but I also heard it was good by others. And I really liked Rondo of Blood and SoTN
I won't deny that Nocturne has significant flaws, but I still enjoyed the series.
I would recommend watching the original Castlevania series first if you haven't done so already.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I just finished watching the 1964 Christmas special, "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians"

It was extremely cheesey and low budget but I can't say it was a terrible experience. Chuckled here and there.

D

Deleted member

I just finished watching the 1964 Christmas special, "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians"

It was extremely cheesey and low budget but I can't say it was a terrible experience. Chuckled here and there.
I prefer seeing it on MST3K, Cinematic Titanic or RiffTrax.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Alright, I completed Lyn's story in Fire Emblem Blazing Blade. Eliwood time... in a bit.

I do wanna apologise to Fire Emblem. I thought the series was gonna be boring as all hell cheesy anime trash but nah it got me to actually sit down and THINK. Go out with one strategy, some units died and ruined my entire plan, so I had to reset chapters and devise a better one with careful planning in the prep stage. And then it's so satisfying when a strat works and I win the map, with some extra spoils and level ups.

Like I get it now. I get why people enjoy the series.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I feel like one day I should give a mainline Pokémon game another chance (this time with patience)

Top Bottom