• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Damn I guess I picked a good time to stop being an MCU fan. I'm assuming the leaks are true and they're gonna drop Kang rather than recast him as they should, even though there's literally built in handwave for that in Kang's character description

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm hearing that the Nintendo Ninjas are targeting people who are talking too much about the new Mythical Pokémon :ultgreninja:

Not surprised

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If we ever get a new way to play Melee, I 100% expect hardcore fans to hate it because it lacks some obscure exploit or bug that the entire meta depends on.
I can see Melee getting some kind of noteworthy attention.

But will Nintendo deliver enough to feed that game's ravenous fanbase? lol
This is exactly how it would go and it would be even funnier for it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
It is wild how Jonathan Majors really was about to be the king of the world with all the Kang hype, and all he had to do was keep his hands off women. And he couldn't even do that.

Pathetic.
I never understand people like this. It’s so easy to not be an abuser.

I simply do not hit women.

Last edited:

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
Steam is doing a Year in Review too

This is mine

One of these without Payday 2 and Planet Coaster would feel wrong.
42786ba8-9367-450e-bdb8-c30bc8290577.png

Mine

Honestly surprised D2 is so high, but then again I played it religiously for a solid few months before I broke up with my ex who got me into it(and then I lost interest lol)

Shroob

Sup?
Something about the DLC:

1702933427539.png

These 2 scenes never appear.

The first one I get since we have a scene just like it, so it was probably cut

But Mirai/Koraidon with purple eyes just doesn't. And we know it's not Pecharunt since the Pecharunt quest doesn't have us going to Area Zero,

Noipoi

Howdy!
Something about the DLC:

View attachment 381901

These 2 scenes never appear.

The first one I get since we have a scene just like it, so it was probably cut

But Mirai/Koraidon with purple eyes just doesn't. And we know it's not Pecharunt since the Pecharunt quest doesn't have us going to Area Zero,
Miraidon’s purple eyes are actually part of its attack animation. Whenever it uses Electro Drift, its eyes glow purple.

Weird, right? :079:

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So here's a question regarding the DLC, does anyone know the Gen 5 theme that plays in the Polar Area of the Terarium?

Like the Savannah and Canyon play the Route 2 themes after route 6's, the Tropical area plays Driftviels after route 6's, and the Polar plays...? after route 6

dezeray112

Smash Hero
It is wild how Jonathan Majors really was about to be the king of the world with all the Kang hype, and all he had to do was keep his hands off women. And he couldn't even do that.

Pathetic.
Majors was someone who was destined to be "king of the world", but unfortunately his entire acting career has now completely vanished having being found guilty.

I'm not entirely sure what direction and next steps Marvel Studios are planning to take, but if they are going to continue with the Kang Dynasty route, they will need to find someone/recast to replace him going forward.

If Marvel Studios do not wish to continue with Kang's character (given the hint from the second season finale episode of Loki), then they should look at other possibilities to continue the story going forward from a different perspective. Maybe perhaps Dr. Doom could be looked upon as an option on like you stated.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
So here's a question regarding the DLC, does anyone know the Gen 5 theme that plays in the Polar Area of the Terarium?

Like the Savannah and Canyon play the Route 2 themes after route 6's, the Tropical area plays Driftviels after route 6's, and the Polar plays...? after route 6
I think it’s Nacrene City

Shroob

Sup?
Anyways, I think I've done everything now aside from stuff that requires BP.

Maybe later we should like, setup a temp Discord group to organize a 4man BP farm.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
They should probably just recast Majors IMO. He was only in 1 movie and a few TV show episodes, and they have an easy way out that 100% fits the current storyline, so the shake up will be less jarring than Hulk/War Machine/Ross, again IMO.

I'm betting we'll see the Multiverse Saga/next Avengers not meet the current release dates anyway as they slow things down/catch up from the Stikes, so they have plenty of time to go back to the drawing board.

If we ever get a new way to play Melee, I 100% expect hardcore fans to hate it because it lacks some obscure exploit or bug that the entire meta depends on.
Pretty sure there's going to be issues right up front as the JP/NA versions of the game are different from the PAL version in terms of direct balance changes; off the top of my head, Mewtwo is heavier in the PAL version.

I also do not really trust Nintendo with emulation.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
now we’re back to Kang Dynasty being simple known as Avengers 5

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Indigo Disk

This Qwilfish is Hisuian, I hope there is no explanation and the hisuian mon are just here and have always been around.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
with Majors no longer in the MCU, Feige and co may as well cut Mohan Kapur as well for the sexual harassment accusations

Shroob

Sup?
Indigo Disk

This Qwilfish is Hisuian, I hope there is no explanation and the hisuian mon are just here and have always been around.
There is for Qwilfish, and it's the exact same as White Basculin. It's that they live in cold climates, and tbh, we've never 'seen' an arctic Pokemon Region.

Shroob

Sup?
The one who isn't outright explained is Kleavor, but with ALL that Black Augerite just, there, and Clay contributing towards the funding of the Blueberry Academy, methinks he did some history digging on his family.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If you want to play a really good 2D platformer, Playtonic Games is selling Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair at 90% off (only $3).

It also has a free demo if you're still uncertain.

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
After rewatching the latest episode, here is my current ranking of Season 10 of Death Battle:

1. Bill Cipher vs Discord
2. Scooby Doo vs Courage
3. Stitch vs Rocket
4. Galactus vs Unicron
5. Darth Vader vs Obito Uchiha
6. Guts vs Dimitri
7. Rick vs The Doctor
8. Goku vs Superman 2 Remake
9. Chosen Undead vs Dragonborn
10. Cole vs Alex
11. Martian Manhunter vs Silver Surfer
12. Frieza vs Megatron
13. Gojo vs Makima
14. Killua vs Misaka
15. Antman vs Atom
16. Phoenix vs Raven

The finale was everything Thanos vs Darkside should have been.
I do plan to rewatch the entire season to make a more definitive ranking.
Regardless, Season 10 surpasses 5, 6, 8, and 9 as the best season of Death Battle

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Late regarding the leaks for Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League, just read them and...

Whelp. What a ******* ****show. This is Last of Us 2 bad decisions of writing. Are we sure Neil Druckmann by any chance didn't write this? LMAO.

Last edited:
Top Bottom