• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I think I might put up some spare shinies up on the GTS for Boulder and Crown when it comes to it but I don't know, there's a chance I'll be sent a hacked one and I don't want to risk giving up a legit shiny for that.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I have to go buy a pro controller first but I'm going to play the Pokemon DLC now.

Why? Because I want to see Kieran suffer I want to end this nightmare.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It's wild that there are people who defend employers getting doxxed because they don't like Insomniac's latest games or whatever.

Basic human decency is too much to ask from gamers as always.
worse knowing that they only hacked for money and cause it was “easy”

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So do you think that the new Stellar-type will carry on into later Pokémon games or do you think it's forever trapped to the Terrestalization gimmick?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It's wild that there are people who defend employers getting doxxed because they don't like Insomniac's latest games or whatever.

Basic human decency is too much to ask from gamers as always.
People shouldn't get doxxed. But I do believe that all the information about a game should be public as soon as it can be.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So do you think that the new Stellar-type will carry on into later Pokémon games or do you think it's forever trapped to the Terrestalization gimmick?
How would they even use it for other Pokemon? It doesn't even sound like a real Pokemon type tbh. Like, how many Pokemon can you theme around "Stellar/Stars/Space".

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
God this game runs like dog ****. I never forgot or anything, but man, it feels worse than it did before.

Thank god I needed that Pro controller for other games, but yeah I'm calling it. I think I just can't vibe with ScVi. I tried to but it's just not worth it.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I mean, I'd still rather know every step of the way about everything than be completely in the dark about it until they decide it's "ready".
Well no because again, stuff can and will change and as we've seen countless times over the years, Gamers™ are completely incapable of understanding what "Work in Progress" means. You'll see footage with "PRE-ALPHA TEST" plastered over it and some random dumb **** paying for Twitter Blue is gonna post some vitriolic nonsense about the game looking bad based off of it.

People are already judging Wolverine based off of leaked footage and builds and that game isn't out until late 2026

osby

Smash Obsessed
How would they even use it for other Pokemon? It doesn't even sound like a real Pokemon type tbh. Like, how many Pokemon can you theme around "Stellar/Stars/Space".
I dunno, I'd say there are quite a few Pokemon that can fit the bill.

But I think the main reason it feels like a one-time deal is that it's literally just an anagram for Tera Type.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Recent PS5 game budgets
  • Spider-Man Remastered - $39m
  • Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart - $81m
  • Spider-Man Miles Morales - $156m
  • God of War Ragnarok - "around $200m"
  • The Last of Us Part 2 - $220m
  • Spider-Man 2 - $315m
also if Insomniac doesn’t sell 6 million copies of a Marvel based game, they lose the right to make games for them

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I think I might put up some spare shinies up on the GTS for Boulder and Crown when it comes to it but I don't know, there's a chance I'll be sent a hacked one and I don't want to risk giving up a legit shiny for that.
Honestly, I view it two ways.

A) Shinies are a dime a dozen nowadays. Sandwich hunts make them soo unbelievably easy.

B) Unless it's super obvious, it's almost impossible to tell a hackmon from a legit mon. I'm sure a couple of the mythicals I have are hacked, but as long as HOME accepts them, that's good enough for me.

But that's just my stance. If you're thinking of playing with them competitively for instance, then obviously I'd be a lot more careful, but for Dex completion, it's really nbd as long as they're legit enough.

Imo at least.

Edit: double post, my bad.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
View attachment 381924

Okay, look, my biggest issue is where the hell would I store them? I just, don't have room for all of them. 63 different Alcremies is effectively 2 boxes, and I barely have enough room for the Legendaries as is.
Sounds like it’s time to cough up money for the home subscription.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Got to drawing another character I had never drawn before, or at least not in a complete piece. this time Mileena. I went with the MKX version since that's one of my favorite costumes for her.

I mean, I'd still rather know every step of the way about everything than be completely in the dark about it until they decide it's "ready".
That's not really how the process of most creative endeavors work. If anything, it's typically the opposite. With films you only really get storyboards or pencil tests or blooper reels well after release or in the credits. Games are a work in progress in that way as well. There's also a reason most trailers still say "product not final" or something to that extent. It's a work in process and I think the information age has made people expect the world from each team in that regard, even though that's not realistic.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Got to drawing another character I had never drawn before, or at least not in a complete piece. this time Mileena. I went with the MKX version since that's one of my favorite costumes for her.

That's not really how the process of most creative endeavors work. If anything, it's typically the opposite. With films you only really get storyboards or pencil tests or blooper reels well after release or in the credits. Games are a work in progress in that way as well. There's also a reason most trailers still say "product not final" or something to that extent. It's a work in process and I think the information age has made people expect the world from each team in that regard, even though that's not realistic.
You think I don't know that? I want to make this stuff. I just want to know decisions when they're made instead of all this clandestine secret hype/leak/reveal/spoiler culture that's so ****ing draining.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
You think I don't know that? I want to make this stuff. I just want to know decisions when they're made instead of all this clandestine secret hype/leak/reveal/spoiler culture that's so ****ing draining.
If you really want to make games then you'd realize there's a reason why companies don't overshare.

Want a good example? Look at the kickstarter games that were fully open about all aspects of development, shared their overly ambitious plans and concept work, realized they did not have the budget or time to fufill what was promised, and released a dud that left fans begging to know what went wrong.

Like there's a reason why you see stories of development or concept work AFTER the game is released.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You can blame leak culture if you want, but again, most of the time they aren't being secretive just for the sake of it. There's no point in showing your whole hand for a project otherwise why even interact with it at all? People want everything right then and there AND for it to blow their minds, patience goes a long way, especially since Insomniac just released a game but a few months ago, and are the one Sony studio releasing things a solid clip. That line of thinking rings true in most media, though I'll admit a little less so for games as watching it and playing it aren't one and the same.

I'm also someone in the creative field, trying to properly balance out how much to share and what to hide so people have something to look forward to is important. There's also NDAs so it's not like singular individuals get to share often without punishment or termination from said project.

If you really want to make games then you'd realize there's a reason why companies don't overshare.

Want a good example? Look at the kickstarter games that were fully open about all aspects of development, shared their overly ambitious plans and concept work, realized they did not have the budget or time to fufill what was promised, and released a dud that left fans begging to know what went wrong.

Like there's a reason why you see stories of development or concept work AFTER the game is released.
Mighty No.9 having 10 SKUs/ports on a 4 Million dollar budget, that wasn't really 4 Million cause KS takes their own cut being one such example.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Spider-Man 2 having a higher budget than No Way Home is seriously ****ing weird

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
You can blame leak culture if you want, but again, most of the time they aren't being secretive just for the sake of it. There's no point in showing your whole hand for a project otherwise why even interact with it at all? People want everything right then and there AND for it to blow their minds, patience goes a long way, especially since Insomniac just released a game but a few months ago, and are the one Sony studio releasing things a solid clip. That line of thinking rings true in most media, though I'll admit a little less so for games as watching it and playing it aren't one and the same.

I'm also someone in the creative field, trying to properly balance out how much to share and what to hide so people have something to look forward to is important. There's also NDAs so it's not like singular individuals get to share often without punishment or termination from said project.

Mighty No.9 having 10 SKUs/ports on a 4 Million dollar budget, that wasn't really 4 Million cause KS takes their own cut being one such example.
It also helps that showing information that's either incorrect, misleading, or not present in media is now considered false advertising and can get companies sued. That's why all we see are stuff that's finalized and needs some touch ups.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Spider-Man 2 having a higher budget than No Way Home is seriously ****ing weird
Games have made more money than Movies for a while now, so in a way, this was bound to happen.

But much like the over-bloating of movies, games are likely to have budget issues like this now if games that sell more than a million units being priced anywhere from $30-60 dollars new still can't break even. This likely part of the reason why some AAA games are now $70 and things could be better if lower scale(and not even Terribly lower scale either)games were made again.

Though that might be a slight point of no return, cause TotK didn't need to be 70 bucks on 7 year old Switch hardware, you just know Nintendo knew they could get away with it cause Nintendo fans tend to show out hard for their first party titles.

It also helps that showing information that's either incorrect, misleading, or not present in media is now considered false advertising and can get companies sued. That's why all we see are stuff that's finalized and needs some touch ups.
That too. I think it should only be used in extreme cases, but I'm mixed on the idea I guess. Probably cause it ain't like the CEOs are gonna feel the pressure, but everyone else involved. I wonder if the No Man's Sky people dealt with that exactly, cause that might be one example where I kind of get it.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
That too. I think it should only be used in extreme cases, but I'm mixed on the idea I guess. Probably cause it ain't like the CEOs are gonna feel the pressure, but everyone else involved. I wonder if the No Man's Sky people dealt with that exactly, cause that might be one example where I kind of get it.
No Mans Sky got away with it cause the ruling was several years after. It was fairly recent, like 1 or 2 years ago

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Apparently Pizza Tower managed to be very open with it's development.

I'm not sure if it was because the devs were actively mentioning how ideas would be scrapped and that some may not be permanent or not or just that the game is an Indie one and thus didn't gather quite as much attention as "Triple A" games until after it's release, a combination of both and/or something else entirely, but it managed to be a rare exception of a game where the developers were open with it's development process, scrapped beta content and updates, and ultimately still released in a finished state to great fanfare.

Shroob

Sup?
I keep getting Master Balls and Beast Balls from the Lotto.

Which is great but

I've finished the dex already

And there aren't any Ultra Beasts in Gen 9

Top Bottom