• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Late regarding the leaks for Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League, just read them and...

Whelp. What a ******* ****show. This is Last of Us 2 bad decisions of writing. Are we sure Neil Druckmann by any chance didn't write this? LMAO.
it’s on that DCEU type **** ngl

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
And thus all interest I had in the game had been severely lost.

Guess I'll stick to watching 2021's The Suicide Squad.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Late regarding the leaks for Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League, just read them and...

Whelp. What a ******* ****show. This is Last of Us 2 bad decisions of writing. Are we sure Neil Druckmann by any chance didn't write this? LMAO.
I'm not gonna say this Suicide Squad game has good writing, but I'm pretty sure a lot of the criticisms of LoU2 were kind of overblown and phobic. Like, I haven't played the game. But I know that a lot of people were "upset" in quotes more massive than smashboards fonts will let me do and that a lot of people were upset that they dared to question Joel's morality. But this is just like, stuff I've heard. I haven't even played the first game, let alone the second. And honestly I kind of don't want to. It's just, hearing people complain about that particular game sounds a little like a dog whitstle and I feel like we're doing ourselves a disservice if we don't call attention to that when it happens.
And thus all interest I had in the game had been severely lost.

Guess I'll stick to watching 2021's The Suicide Squad.
I would have thought all that would have been gone when they revealed it was an always online open world live service looter shooter where even Captain ****ing Boomerang uses generic guns exclusively.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Anyone got a spare Love Ball they'd be willing to part with? I wanna have it for when Pecharunt drops and I cannot for the life of me get the Pokeball lotto to trigger.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm not gonna say this Suicide Squad game has good writing, but I'm pretty sure a lot of the criticisms of LoU2 were kind of overblown and phobic. Like, I haven't played the game. But I know that a lot of people were "upset" in quotes more massive than smashboards fonts will let me do and that a lot of people were upset that they dared to question Joel's morality. But this is just like, stuff I've heard. I haven't even played the first game, let alone the second. And honestly I kind of don't want to. It's just, hearing people complain about that particular game sounds a little like a dog whitstle and I feel like we're doing ourselves a disservice if we don't call attention to that when it happens.
ngl the moment is honestly the only thing I liked after being forced to play both games, tho I can slightly understand why people hated it

Noipoi

Howdy!
Anyone got a spare Love Ball they'd be willing to part with? I wanna have it for when Pecharunt drops and I cannot for the life of me get the Pokeball lotto to trigger.
Yeah, I can hand you that Love Ball. I was also wondering if I could ask you a favor.

Could you trade me your Iron Boulder and Iron Crown so I can put them in my HOME dex? As soon as I’m done I’ll hop back on the game and give them back.

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah, I can hand you that Love Ball. I was also wondering if I could ask you a favor.

Could you trade me your Iron Boulder and Iron Crown so I can put them in my HOME dex? As soon as I’m done I’ll hop back on the game and give them back.
Yeah NP. You wanna do this now? I'm free atm.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
tbh I don’t want Doom being rushed into the top spot…even if they “don't” have a choice. I want them to cook with Doom
That's requires them to retool their plans for the next phase which would probably consist of rewrites so it'd push them back a bit. Which I'm in favor for. But we all know that ain't happening cause Disney needs cash fast.

Or they can just recast Kang.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Marvel. You know you can just recast the guy? Changing all your plans just because of this will only make people have even less faith in the further direction of the mcu.

And you know what, I like Kang. I kind of get why so many people dislike his comic book counterpart but as a concept he’s fine and I think he’s a fine choice for the next big bad.

To be honest I don’t even get why Dr. Doom is as powerful and as big a threat as he is. Main villain of the fantastic four? Sure, I get that. Huge world ending threat worth assembling the his damn avengers over? Sorry, not buying it. And maybe that’s because I didn’t grow up attached to all the stuff that glorified all the stuff that marvel embargoed in the 2000s and am also more of a DC fan, but like, come on. If anything Galactus should be the next avengers threat, AFTER Kang. And Doom can be a big villain in the fantastic four films. Maybe they can do the thing the old comic books did where he would show up in other heroes runs and just show up as the villain of other people’s films or shows and people will get tired of seeing him eventually because everyone always starts out really wanting something and then eventually gets really sick of it after a while because major motion pictures that take this long to make are maybe not the best way to explore this kind of storytelling but we insist on doing it anyway but what do I know.

I don’t know. This is my version of being tired of superhero movies. I’m tired of them being done as movies. And I’m tired of the mcu, especially because they lack the integrity to just recast an actor so they don’t have to upend the entire plan after one guy dies, gets cancelled, or goes to jail. Let me know when a superhero franchise is willing to go all in on animated shared universe that’s not specifically aimed at kids that embraces episodic storytelling so it can be truer to how comic books actually work that isn’t Invincible, and I’ll be all over it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That's requires them to retool their plans for the next phase which would probably consist of rewrites so it'd push them back a bit. Which I'm in favor for. But we all know that ain't happening cause Disney needs cash fast.

Or they can just recast Kang.
Disney always refuses to accept defeat at the wrong time. Perhaps they should cool down the abusive amount of Disney+ content and allow for these people to make them their money. Besides, they can learn to retool their plans starting now.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
What's the old saying? "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"?

I feel like this a similar case to Toucan Sam's first redesign. Only difference is at least these redesigns don't look like someone spilled paint over the design, separated a mouth from a beak and called it a day.

EDIT: Apparently this was from last year. Goes to show how much I keep up with this kinda stuff anymore lol

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Oh yeah, I mentioned this before, but Shroob Shroob Noipoi Noipoi I have officially watched The Amazing Digital Circus' pilot.

Tagging you guys since you both recommended it to me before and seem to be the biggest fans of the show here.
you’re now trapped in this wholesome and innocent fandom

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Bro the Blueberry champ got hands

Half my team was pretty much useless all the way through. I was actually left with one mon standing, though appropriately it was my Skeledirge who was my starter. Genuinely didn't think I would win

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
the Insomniac hackers just leaked out countless Wolverine gameplay videos…the game is definitely gonna be amazing, but damn hackers are crazy evil. Leaving out all the gameplay, actors involved, and especially not going to include the personal info on the employees and actors who work with Insomniac cause **** that…however I will share this…
IMG_1059.jpeg

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I managed to beat Crispin and Amarys. Crispin was trouble but Amarys wasn't too bad.

I am getting completely cooked by Lacey though

osby

Smash Obsessed
the Insomniac hackers just leaked out countless Wolverine gameplay videos…the game is definitely gonna be amazing, but damn hackers are crazy evil. Leaving out all the gameplay, actors involved, and especially not going to include the personal info on the employees and actors who work with Insomniac cause **** that…however I will share this…
It's wild that there are people who defend employers getting doxxed because they don't like Insomniac's latest games or whatever.

Basic human decency is too much to ask from gamers as always.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
So that was The Indigo Disk

Still got some stuff to do. I seriously can't imagine how on earth I might be able to get the new Scarlet Paradoxes

Shroob

Sup?
So that was The Indigo Disk

Still got some stuff to do. I seriously can't imagine how on earth I might be able to get the new Scarlet Paradoxes
If you just want to touch trade I can help.

Otherwise if you want Perma your best bet in sleuthing the GTS.

Shroob

Sup?
Check my bag after spending a huge amount of time doing the Item Printer
Almost have enough mats to get every Alcremie form aside from Ribbon
1702981449084.png

Okay, look, my biggest issue is where the hell would I store them? I just, don't have room for all of them. 63 different Alcremies is effectively 2 boxes, and I barely have enough room for the Legendaries as is.

Top Bottom