• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Shroob

Sup?
Santa's ****ing pissed

Also they're bringing Walking Wake and Iron Leaves back, so that's good for everyone who missed out.

It'd be nice if you could just get them in the dlc, but whatever...
I think

Bundle and Valiant are easily the two robos I like the most.

Bundle cause it's a ****ty Christmas lawn decoration what with its head popping off all the time

And Valiant is just cool, absolutely no biases here.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I think

Bundle and Valiant are easily the two robos I like the most.

Bundle cause it's a ****ty Christmas lawn decoration what with its head popping off all the time

And Valiant is just cool, absolutely no biases here.
Yeah those are probably the best ones. I also really like Iron Thorns, though sometimes it looks more like an egg than a robot dinosaur.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So it's ice Tera type, and its movepool is kinda limited to Ice and Water.

Quick what's a good specially defensive Thick Fat Pokemon.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Unfortunately it's complain about pokemon hour again

I am still bummed about the level scaling, I know that there are high 60 pokemon, but I have not encountered any. I have had the worst performance here than I have anywhere else in the game, I have not just been getting normal frame drops, the game will sometimes freeze for a few seconds before going back to the standard low framerate.

The white blocks they use for the architecture is too bright and hurts my eyes and gives me a headache. I think this problem might be worse for me as a lighting glitch happened where things got really really bright and then dimmed and it might just be leftover from that.

Shroob

Sup?
Unfortunately it's complain about pokemon hour again

I am still bummed about the level scaling, I know that there are high 60 pokemon, but I have not encountered any. I have had the worst performance here than I have anywhere else in the game, I have not just been getting normal frame drops, the game will sometimes freeze for a few seconds before going back to the standard low framerate.

The white blocks they use for the architecture is too bright and hurts my eyes and gives me a headache. I think this problem might be worse for me as a lighting glitch happened where things got really really bright and then dimmed and it might just be leftover from that.
Are you playing on handheld by chance? I've noticed the freezing occasionally but I've seen people who say the game runs decent.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh, hey

The unreleased DLC for Pecharunt spoils who Penny's dad is.... and it's surprisingly someone we know.

Peony.

From the Crown Tundra
Tbh I thought everyone agreed this was the likeliest option.

I saw the Penny and peony connection being very similar pointed out a lot. Also she was from the same region. I think one of her foreign names is actually really spot on for a peony collection iirc.
Indigo Disk story

Does anyone else think the plot just kinda stops?

We grab Carmine, Kieran, and Briar. We head even deeper into Area Zero, which equates to traversing a few corridors and fighting a few Pokemon. We fight Terapagos, catch Terapagos, and...that's it. They're in a real hurry to get back to those Ed Sheeran credits.

We figured maybe Kieran was under the toxic influence of Pecharunt, but he's just having a moment. We figured maybe Briar had an unhealthy obsession with clearing her family's name, and would go to any length to do so, even if it meant hurting others, but no. She's just got ADHD and she hyperfixates on stuff, and we just tell her to knock it off and everything's fine. And I realize these were both fan theories, but still the Indigo Disk plot seems like it it's a rush to wrap itself up without much in the way of cool stuff happening.

And I guess I was also expecting a grand answer to all the Area Zero stuff that just isn't there in the main plot. The answers actually come in a completely optional scene, and they're still kinda vague. Sada/Turo mentions that the S/V Book captured their imagination, but they also mention something about alternate timelines. Are the Paradoxes truly figments of dreams, or were they warped here from different timelines? And what about those symbols in the cave, the ones are in the game's freakin logo?? I don't know if there's a solid conclusion.

The base game and its mysteries sparked my imagination so much, but in the end I just feel sort of...underwhelmed?
Honestly I think your second part nails it….

There’s no real wrap up to lore of the region itself.The main legend existed all this time and yet we barely learn anything about the legend or why area zero is what it is.

There’s also no real point to going back there. Like it feels they were obligated too, but didn’t know where to go at all.

I’ve haven’t watched the peachrunt event, but pushing the main cast back and not having them return was odd. The elite 4 taking the whole first half of the dlc up, all to just leave.

It’s a weird story decision. It felt like there needed to be another revelation Here that would have reframed the story. But we didn’t get that despite the setups. They really should have linked Kieran’s story to peachrunt. No clear answer on heaths original expedition also doesn’t make sense.

It feels like the pieces were there, and Gamefreak just stopped putting them together. Like they bought Geeta back, and she doesn’t even have a purpose. We should be learning why the gym leaders hate her, and seeing more of what drives her character. Briar also felt like she was going to go full evil, but they just backtrack all the way. Missed opportunity for her to have sent the book back in time or somehow being responsible foe heath’s visions, creating the paradox of what came first.

KillerCage

Smash Master
I'm so excited for Galactus vs Unicron tomorrow!
Who else will be watching the live premiere?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Now what are some good fighting moves it gets...
Could be wrong but doesn’t it get body press? If so curse body press probably pops off. I think it also gets hammer arm if your not going to run focus punch.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
You know, as much faults the modern Pokemon games have been, there has been something truly fun about the gameplay loop in the open area games.

Like idk battling and catching are genuinelly much more fun here than other Pokemon games. I think it has to do with the seamless transitions more than anything which makes things quick and snappy. Appreciate that.

Also, after failing Crispin for the 9000th time, it's time to change my team. Welcome Mighty's 7th Mon of the Year, Flygon (nickname pending).

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
My theater ended up showing Godzilla Minus One. So without hesitation I immediately went to go see it and...

It is definitely in my top 3 favorite Godzilla films!

This, Gojira (1954) and GMK are definitely the top dogs!

Best movie of this year (Yes I'm bias).

I won't lie though when I say I wish the reason for Godzilla's rampage was because of bikini atoll wiping out his colony as seen in that backstory written for Godzilla 1954. Real missed opportunity, the idea the characters came across an "elephant graveyard" of Godzilla skeletons making them understand why Godzilla is attacking.

Also my headcanon is the Godzillasaurus being a species of theropod dinosaur that evolved to become semi-aquatic during the Mesozoic and survived extinction moving into the deep.

Shroob

Sup?
Oh thank god, you don't have to complete the Teal Mask to access the Paradoxes. Just do the Bloodmoon Ursaluna sidequest it seems.

Though, now I wonder if you can like, sequence break? Can you BEAT Indigo Disc before Teal Mask....?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Oh thank god, you don't have to complete the Teal Mask to access the Paradoxes. Just do the Bloodmoon Ursaluna sidequest it seems.

Though, now I wonder if you can like, sequence break? Can you BEAT Indigo Disc before Teal Mask....?
I don't know if you can since it is a direct sequel that also requires beating the main story.

Would be funny if it is possible.

Shroob

Sup?
I don't know if you can since it is a direct sequel that also requires beating the main story.

Would be funny if it is possible.
I mean

I beat Kieran in the Teal Mask's first real fight, and I got a call from Clavell saying I could go to Blueberry academy.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Now that I've seen every film I wanted to see this year and it coming to a close as we enter 2024. I'd list my top 11 films of this year followed by honorable mentions.

11. 65
10. Meg 2: The Trench
9. Missing
8. Renfield
7. Thanksgiving
6. The Super Mario Bros. Movie
5. Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse
4. Sisu
3. Cocaine Bear
2. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
1. Godzilla Minus One

Honorable Mentions: Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves, Fast X, Mortal Kombat Legends: Cage Match, Napoleon, Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken

KillerCage

Smash Master
My theater ended up showing Godzilla Minus One. So without hesitation I immediately went to go see it and...

It is definitely in my top 3 favorite Godzilla films!

This, Gojira (1954) and GMK are definitely the top dogs!

Best movie of this year (Yes I'm bias).

I won't lie though when I say I wish the reason for Godzilla's rampage was because of bikini atoll wiping out his colony as seen in that backstory written for Godzilla 1954. Real missed opportunity, the idea the characters came across an "elephant graveyard" of Godzilla skeletons making them understand why Godzilla is attacking.

Also my headcanon is the Godzillasaurus being a species of theropod dinosaur that evolved to become semi-aquatic during the Mesozoic and survived extinction moving into the deep.
Glad you finally got the chance to watch the film!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I will give the DLC this, the dialog options are hilarious. This was one of my favorite moments:
IMG_9226.jpeg
The follow up response to this is hilarious as well.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
just found out Byleth’s canon birthday is September 20th…neat

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I’m catching up to the Chainsaw Man manga since I’m done keeping up with MHA and JJK. I’m pretty close to the current chapter.
IMG_7490.jpeg
Damn…

He just…

He just like me fr…

Tl;dr I like it. It’s different in all the good ways.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Okay yeah I think my complaints about the level scaling might have been compensating for the fact that I am actually just bad at pokemon

I am being cooked by Crispin (Pun 100% intended)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Objective: take apart all the future paradox Pokémon and fuse them together as a big mecha. It’s probably in constant pain and longs for death. It probably questions the reason for its existence. But it also crushes every other Pokémon it fights. It’s also vaguely Mewtwo shaped.

Shroob

Sup?
Objective: take apart all the future paradox Pokémon and fuse them together as a big mecha. It’s probably in constant pain and longs for death. It probably questions the reason for its existence. But it also crushes every other Pokémon it fights. It’s also vaguely Mewtwo shaped.
So

Dracovish
Again

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Also they're bringing Walking Wake and Iron Leaves back, so that's good for everyone who missed out.

It'd be nice if you could just get them in the dlc, but whatever...
I held off on them thinking that would be the case. Oh well.

Will have to find someone who can help me with both (Walking Wake especially). I've pretty much ignored Raid Battles, so while I think I can get an easy counter together, I'll be very inexperienced.

Shroob

Sup?
I held off on them thinking that would be the case. Oh well.

Will have to find someone who can help me with both (Walking Wake especially). I've pretty much ignored Raid Battles, so while I think I can get an easy counter together, I'll be very inexperienced.
Considering they're 5* raids, they're very easy.

A single Belly Drum Play Rough combo from Azumarill should almost outright OHKO it.

As for Iron Leaves, it's quad weak to bug.

Reactions: ---

Shroob

Sup?
We're gonna need to form up a Smashboards BBQ group to help each other with these quests cause

You need soo many and get soo few, but group quests give a TON.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also another rant on the design of the new parts of area zero.

Why is it more of the same? It should be some crazy journey to the center of the earth/land before time ****, but GF was like “nah”

I was hoping we would get a mystery dungeon type of map design. Something like fogbound like for example.

Top Bottom