• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Honestly I think the fact that the fights are doubles is part of why they're so hard.

In doubles the first are set to set - so you can't switch out immediately when you get a KO. But it also allows the AI to actually use strategy in synergistic moves, such as having a pokemon support its partner with moves like Sunny Day / Tailwind / Decorate ect. Lacey straight up leads with Tailwind Whimsicott and a partner with Intimidate, they're just flat out using VGC strategies on you sometimes.

There's also the fact that they Elite Four members, while all have specialties, are actually allowed to use a pokemon or two that doesn't match their type. That's a nice way to balance the fights out more.

Shroob

Sup?
I've

Honestly started double guessing if I will or won't do the Alcremie **** for my Living Dex.

The main issue besides the fact that the 2 kinds of her mats are just OBSCENELY rare and can only really be gotten via stupidly low odds from the BP Dump machine is that I just don't have room in my boxes for 62 others.

Including the obtainable Legendaries who'll take up a whole box on their own, I'm legit nearly full even after transferring a ton of stuff over to Violet.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Today, I'd like to recommend that you all give Foxes in Love a read.

It's a little slice-of-life comedy strip featuring two simply-drawn but highly expressive foxes who are in love (naturally) and their mundane everyday adventures.

It can be both incredibly wholesome and sweet, and extremely funny and even relatable at times. Even as a single girl, I can say that I have thought "yeah, been down that road before" several times reading the comic.

Here's one of the strips I most relate to. I miss my favorite flavors of potato chips...
1702894886864.png

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Nobody tell Jondolio that the new One Piece anime will likely be AI generated due to Wit Studio's involvement
I don't know, they obly worked on one AI generated thing and it was very negatively received so I wouldn't say it's "likely"

The possibility does exist though and if that happens, well, I still have the manga.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yeah the fights are pretty tough, I'm finding out you can't have a constant team and you gotta swap out your 5th and 6th mon for more appropiate mons.

Like my Flygon hard carried in Crispins fight. She's useless in Lacey's. Meanwhile I gotta nab Archaludon since it's Steel Dragon typing makes it only 1x or not very effective against most of Lacey's moves, where as my Scizor, who's also steel type, gets folded by her fire type moves.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I beat Drayton

It took a bit out of me and half of my team got knocked out, but I'm proud of them nonetheless. This is one of those rare battles where I felt absolutely thrilled all the way through

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Suicide Squad Kills the Justice League had a massive leak due to a closed alpha test…and shockingly enough they really do kill the Justice League gasp

seems like Flash and Green Lantern die first, and then Batman (who seemingly lives post Arkham Knight (but could also be from a different Earth, cause for some reason some of the characters come from different universes)) gets shot in the head by Harley with no sort of build up it seems. Also a different Joker appears in the game (probably from another Earth as well), and a child reincarnation of Poison Ivy will appear in the game.

oh and also also Batman seemingly kills Tim Drake’s Robin offscreen, all that after Arkham Batman doesn’t really get treated well based on those who played (and then leaked this info of) the game. Not a good time to be a Batman Arkham fan it seems

on the bright side, Nolan North is playing Superman again

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I drew Kai from Gravity Circuit. He has a really cool look, and I don't think a lot of people talked about that game. But there WAS a lot that came out in 2023, so that's just how it goes sometimes.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So this "leaker" that goes by Zippo: What things has he exactly gotten right to make people continue to listen to what he has to say?
He’s usually only right about his Mario scoops.

Even then he said the last game was going to be a movie tie and they never happened, and instead we got wonder.

why what is he saying now?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
He’s usually only right about his Mario scoops.

Even then he said the last game was going to be a movie tie and they never happened, and instead we got wonder.

why what is he saying now?
Claims that Nintendo is planning a celebration for Smash"s 25th anniversary. He's ruling out a new game.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
first Wolverine leak, then a Suicide Squad leak…

all this yet we still don’t know **** about Wonder Woman

osby

Smash Obsessed
first Wolverine leak, then a Suicide Squad leak…

all this yet we still don’t know **** about Wonder Woman
They should make her game play exactly like a classic God of War title, for no reason other than I think it'd be really funny

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Claims that Nintendo is planning a celebration for Smash"s 25th anniversary. He's ruling out a new game.
Safe enough predictions tbf.
Of course that but the only other thing I can see is Smash 64 being ported to NSO.
I’d say that’s a lock, and I genuinely wouldn’t be shocked if Nintendo dropped a Melee upscale/remaster. It’s just easy money for them. More amiibo restocks and spirits also fair game. Could even see very basic merchandise made but don’t expect any 3rd parties on it.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I’d say that’s a lock, and I genuinely wouldn’t be shocked if Nintendo dropped a Melee upscale/remaster. It’s just easy money for them. More amiibo restocks and spirits also fair game. Could even see very basic merchandise made but don’t expect any 3rd parties on it.
If we ever get a new way to play Melee, I 100% expect hardcore fans to hate it because it lacks some obscure exploit or bug that the entire meta depends on.

Reactions: Z25

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Safe enough predictions tbf.

I can see Melee getting some kind of noteworthy attention.

But will Nintendo deliver enough to feed that game's ravenous fanbase? lol

Reactions: Z25

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
They should make her game play exactly like a classic God of War title, for no reason other than I think it'd be really funny
That’d be a fun idea to do. Gotta do right with Diana

…and the entire SSKTJL storyline got leaked out somehow

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
one of my favorite end credits of all of media

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I only have one Elite Four member left to defeat, that being Lacey.

Also I have a Shiny Hydrapple on my team

Jondolio

Smash Hero
And that's the Blueberry Elite Four.

Drayton was easily the most challenging but I'll chalk it up to my Pokémon getting more levels as I beat more of them. My Hydrapple in particular got to level 88 by the time I hit Lacey

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
people are calling Majors the Icarus of modern Hollywood (and also Kang jokes)

Last edited:
Top Bottom