• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of today's double Direct feature

• Balatro: Friends of Jimbo update

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Neva

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coffee Talk Tokyo

• Powerwash Simulator Shrek DLC

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Date Everything!

• Pizza Tower

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Other (Indie World)

• Tetris Forever + NES Tetris on NSO + Tetris 99 Cup

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • The Legend of Heroes Trial in the Sky the 1st

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Spongebob Squarepants: The Patrick Star Game

• Fitness Boxing 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Capcom Fighting Collection 2

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Atelier Yumia: The Alchemist of Memories & The Envisioned Land

• Castlevania Dominus Collection

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • MySims Cozy Bundle

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Rune Factory: Guardians of Azuma

• Yakuza Kiwami

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Other (Partner Showcase)

• Nothing in Either

• The Sonic 3 Trailer

Votes: 15 50.0%

• Total voters

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Oh my god... Wapeach could have been in Mario Power Tennis too... remember she had an axe as a tennis racket in the concept art. Mario Power Tennis had a gimmick with the tennis rackets. Mario’s turned into a hammer. Daisy’s turned into a flower. Wapeach’s could have turned into an axe.

Wapeach’s 3D model looked like she could have been in Mario Power Tennis.

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
SEGA announces they are remaking Sonic Forces and taking fan feedback in order to make the game a better experience that pleases more fans than the original title did. To this end they put a suggestion box on their website. What do you submit?
Better Character Customization, Better Gameplay and level design, and a story that matters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Why the ** am I finding out that the people working the real life Squid Games had to use lubricated condoms as chapstick? And why the ** is Netflix actually running a real life Squid Games?
I'm curious but concerned what the context for this is.
the context is bolded unfortunately

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Team em up with Boshi then.
Not the same thing and you know it.

Also Boshi doesn’t have that kind of energy that Doronjo and Jessie (Team Rocket) have. Wapeach can bring that energy to the Mario series.

Anyway, Boshi and Wapeach both should have been regulars in Mario spin-off games since the GameCube era.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Speaking of Wa characters, I wonder what the opposite of Wa is in Japan? For if they went really far, they could use that word part and make a good version of Bowser.

...I'm going to get ganged up on, am I?
I like this. I think it’s a good idea.
Better Character Customization, Better Gameplay and level design, and a story that matters
completely understandable and completely expected. And yet still very vague.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Not the same thing and you know it.

Also Boshi doesn’t have that kind of energy that Doronjo and Jessie (Team Rocket) have. Wapeach can bring that energy to the Mario series.

Anyway, Boshi and Wapeach both should have been regulars in Mario spin-off games since the GameCube era.
He could've had that energy :yoshi:

Noipoi

Howdy!
SEGA announces they are remaking Sonic Forces and taking fan feedback in order to make the game a better experience that pleases more fans than the original title did. To this end they put a suggestion box on their website. What do you submit?
Have an actual vision. Don’t try to be all things to all people, just have a focused mission statement and follow through.

Also, give the story some real stakes. Instead of everything being relatively the same except for the occasional moment where Knuckles talks about war. Eggman took over the world, damn it. Sonic’s been imprisoned and tortured. Tails is insane. Make me feel the weight of all that.

And ditch the Classic Sonic stuff, it’s stupid.

StormC

Smash Hero
Speaking of Wa characters, I wonder what the opposite of Wa is in Japan? For if they went really far, they could use that word part and make a good version of Bowser.

...I'm going to get ganged up on, am I?
Both Wario and Waluigi are puns on “warui.” I guess the opposite in Japanese would be “yoi” (よい). You’d have to find a way to make a pun with that and “Koopa” in Japanese though and I’m at a loss for that.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Have an actual vision. Don’t try to be all things to all people, just have a focused mission statement and follow through.

Also, give the story some real stakes. Instead of everything being relatively the same except for the occasional moment where Knuckles talks about war. Eggman took over the world, damn it. Sonic’s been imprisoned and tortured. Tails is insane. Make me feel the weight of all that.

And ditch the Classic Sonic stuff, it’s stupid.
If you couldn’t tell this is the hypothetical project I’m thinking about right now. So that’s why I’m asking.

Also some of the stuff about tails being crazy was bad translation. The Japanese script just says that he was physically lost. I want to look into that, see what else was mistranslated to accidentally make the story weird.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
If you couldn’t tell this is the hypothetical project I’m thinking about right now. So that’s why I’m asking.

Also some of the stuff about tails being crazy was bad translation. The Japanese script just says that he was physically lost. I want to look into that, see what else was mistranslated to accidentally make the story weird.
So was Sonic getting tortured as far as bad translation goes. I read about that somewhere.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Yeah, I figured :094:

Also make the levels more than hallways you boost through. When I play a game I’d like to actually play the game. Level design is your friend.

Same issue as Sword and Shield.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Asixe from what NoiPoi said, one of the bigger issues with Forces's story is not properly using the characters. They hyped up having the big bads return, only to fight the ine that nobody liked and the one that appears in almost every game. No fight against a popular villian that hasn't been around since the early 2000s, no fight against the 2nd most popular character in the franchise despite it always being a hype moment.

And then have the support cast be utterly useless despite being an all out war. The Avatar and Sonic do all the work while the rest aren't even seen in levels or do anything of any worth, aside from Silver getting his ass kicked.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
2023 in review huh?

Well lets see, I had a trans awakening that threw my life into turmoil. That was fun. Spent the bulk of the year anxious, depressed and figuring myself out. I keep wanting to slip back into denial because that'd be easier, but there's no real going back anymore.

Failed to hit my savings goal. Hooray.

But hey I finally got around to getting into Splatoon this year, so that's cool.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The next Project Voltage song released earlier today; “Battle! (Hatsune Miku)” by cosMo@Bousou-P:

It’s a cool, fast-paced song, with two Mikus. According to a translation of the lyrics in the comments, the Dark-looking Miku is a “Battle Program.”

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Waluigi’s creator described Wayoshi as looking like a dragon with horns and wings... and I cannot help but think of Rex from Super Mario World.

Rex looks like a dragon-like Yoshi with horns and wings. Boshi is Wayoshi with legal issues but Rex could be Wayoshi without legal issues.
247061D9-975F-497A-BA1C-D9C62A65137D.png

067B1CC4-FA05-45C6-9F14-2043ABAE1FA4.png

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I LOVE capitalism and how showing something that you never plan on using is seen as a bad thing by a company!

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
In other Fortnite news:

1. The OG Map will return next year.

2. Graffiti of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was spotted in the trailer for the next Chapter.
Also, a better look at Solid Snake and Peter Griffin:
IMG_7167.jpeg

IMG_7168.jpeg

Edit:
Snake will also have his MGS4 appearance as an alt

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
In other Fortnite news:

1. The OG Map will return next year.

2. Graffiti of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was spotted in the trailer for the next Chapter.
Also, a better look at Solid Snake and Peter Griffin:

Edit:
Snake will also have his MGS4 appearance as an alt
what matters most is if Snake has his ass

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Does anyone wanna join my stream:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Bro you legit make me wanna quit drawing. I could never be this good
That's funny, because I doodled this while I'm in the middle of an art block slump. I see other people's work and think I'll never be as good as them :217:

We're gonna make it, dude. Takes a lot of practice, dedication, and experimentation. But I know we can both get better.

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
Bro you legit make me wanna quit drawing. I could never be this good
It just takes time and practice, time I do not have and practice I spent playing Splatoon instead, but still

don't let it get to you too much, I've watched my closest friends artstyles improve over the last year even when in deep art blocks

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The Ninja Turtles are coming to Fortnite:

There’s artwork on the walls depicting them so it’s a lock.

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
1701543333468.png
1701543364580.png

this is probably the most extreme example I have on hand, same artist, a year apart(left older right newer)

That's funny, because I doodled this while I'm in the middle of an art block slump. I see other people's work and think I'll never be as good as them :217:

We're gonna make it, dude. Takes a lot of practice, dedication, and experimentation. But I know we can both get better.
your artstyle is sooo good already ngl

I still have that single panel you doodled of my sona for the wacky board regular story you did a few years back saved somewhere

Top Bottom