• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of today's double Direct feature

• Balatro: Friends of Jimbo update

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Neva

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coffee Talk Tokyo

• Powerwash Simulator Shrek DLC

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Date Everything!

• Pizza Tower

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Other (Indie World)

• Tetris Forever + NES Tetris on NSO + Tetris 99 Cup

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • The Legend of Heroes Trial in the Sky the 1st

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Spongebob Squarepants: The Patrick Star Game

• Fitness Boxing 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Capcom Fighting Collection 2

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Atelier Yumia: The Alchemist of Memories & The Envisioned Land

• Castlevania Dominus Collection

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • MySims Cozy Bundle

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Rune Factory: Guardians of Azuma

• Yakuza Kiwami

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Other (Partner Showcase)

• Nothing in Either

• The Sonic 3 Trailer

Votes: 15 50.0%

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The second coming of Bowsette ****posting is upon us

View attachment 381202
maybe God shall bless us for at least the rest of the week?
Implying this didn't happen the instant Bowsette starting trending.

How did Bowsette become a thing it doesn't even make any sense that's not what the Super Crown does
One meme comic that was only a little funny, but people realized it had massive NSFW potential.

And the rest is history.
Yeah the comic was funny at the time, and even the artist didn't expect Bowsette to have become as massive of a deal as they became. Honestly surprised that the 34 rulers and additional memers didn't strike an all out attack during the first few days. Now Bowsette (alongside all the other "ettes" out there) is a permanent fixture in the Mario fandom, both for wholesome meme purposes like a Peaches rendition, and for the...other side
Petah..... pick up da SMG Petah.

Ya gotta kill Goku, Petah.
Omni-Man, Vader, and Goku no longer allowed to be considered the "worst dad in Fortnite" now that Peter Griffin is joining (as he then gets bombed by Snake)

Shroob

Sup?
Oh ya, apparently the returning Legendaries available in Indigo Disc leaked

Big warning:

Catchable in Indigo Disc:

Kanto Birds(No word on Galarian forms)

Johto Dogs

Lugia

Ho-Oh

Weather Trio

Swords of Justice(No word on Keldeo)

Tao Trio

Sun/Moon Trio

Kubfuu

Calyrex's Horses(No word of Calyrex)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
2023 in review has been a ride for me. I started off excited as a new grad only to get depressed as a new grad (job market crap) only to be happy again cause I found a new job in the hospitality field and then depression and then mental breakdown #1 over a myriad of issues and then more depression and then mental breakdown #2 and then happiness cause I got a new car and then more depression cause hospitality sucks and then happiness cause I got a new job that actually uses my skills to a degree and then even more happiness cause I quit my hospitality job.

One of the years ever. Also I could legally drink as of this year surprised I didn't become an alcoholic.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh ya, apparently the returning Legendaries available in Indigo Disc leaked

Big warning:

Catchable in Indigo Disc:

Kanto Birds(No word on Galarian forms)

Johto Dogs

Lugia

Ho-Oh

Weather Trio

Swords of Justice(No word on Keldeo)

Tao Trio

Sun/Moon Trio

Kubfuu

Calyrex's Horses(No word of Calyrex)
That’s pretty lame compared to sword and shield.

I’m paying $90 dollars and can’t even get:
Enamorus? Or more recent legends.

Getting Shiny Calyrex and Kubfuu is cool but the rest have been unlocked for awhile.

like they couldn’t throw us a bone and give us the darkest day trio?

Last edited:

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
My 2023 has been mostly good, a bit bumpy at times but I have a stable job that I actually like that gives me a good work life balance, a actual friendgroup full of people who have similar interests, a car so I can actually meet my online circle irl and get to work consistently, and a lot of self exploration leading to me being a wholly different person then I was last year.

That said I have been struggling with what I can only assume is less "bad self thoughts" and moreso clinical anxiety, I've had multiple times this year alone where I'm on the verge of wanting to delete everything and push myself away from everything I've built up and I have to mentally check myself HARD. its very annoying.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
That’s pretty lame compared to sword and shield.

mom paying $90 dollars and can’t even get:
Enamorus? Or more recent legends.

Getting Shiny Calyrex and Kubfuu is cool but the rest have been unlocked for awhile.

like they couldn’t throw us a home and give us the darkest day trio?
Silly Z25. You want Hisuian Pokemon? Buy PLA. :4wario2:

Also
Calyrex isn't part of the datamine lol. His HORSES are, but not Calyrex himself.

Reactions: Z25

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Tbh my biggest regret this year was wasting my summer working hospitality instead of actually going out. Like I was able to get a car out of it but yeah nah, slaving away on an unstable schedule, weekends included, with hours that last up until the manager wants you to leave was... not ideal. Some advice, to those looking for a job, they don't care about you, so don't kill your mentality for them. Not worth, focus on yourself.

And also not getting that cute girl I met this year's contact info but I won't lose sleep about that. I hope.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If we are talking Year in reviews….

This one feels like the start of me truly being able to shine.

First was slow, but then I just had that mental point where I went:
And I did. Tired of things the way they were I put in all the effort.

I started walking 10 miles a day, haven’t recently because I’ve also been switching up my exercise plans as I try to get into shape more. I’ve made good progress losing about 20 pounds so far. With more to go and I want to get into wait lifting a bit.

Then I went out and got my permit, with my path being set on driving because I may finally have a good reason to go somewhere, but that’s another story for another day and a little complicated.

I got to travel a bit more, and made some good connections in a field that I might be able to be a big part of creating a positive impact. Even though it won’t be easy.

The. Lastly, I got a job after months of trying. With no real expectations going in, I’ve actually come to enjoy it so far. I’m still in training but excelling and I could see a bright future ahead.

So at the end of the day, I grew a lot this year, but I’m not stopping anytime soon. Hopefully by the end of next year I’ll be in almost exactly where I’ve wanted to be for a long time. My biggest lesson so far has definitely been how much, doing a little at a time, can really change the world around me. I hope others can succeed that Way too.

Last edited:

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
Tbh my biggest regret this year was wasting my summer working hospitality instead of actually going out. Like I was able to get a car out of it but yeah nah, slaving away on an unstable schedule, weekends included, with hours that last up until the manager wants you to leave was... not ideal. Some advice, to those looking for a job, they don't care about you, so don't kill your mentality for them. Not worth, focus on yourself.

And also not getting that cute girl I met this year's contact info but I won't lose sleep about that. I hope.
oof, that sounds super rough

Noipoi

Howdy!
My 2023, in summary:

-Spends months being hyped for the Mario movie only for it to be alright (It's fun but it's not the grand epic I hyped myself up into thinking it'd be)
-Get my tonsils removed and spend a month in horrible pain
-Family drama pretty much ruins my summer
-Finally get a job after a year of searching only for them to start screwing with my hours so I'm still not making money
-Inflation is screwing with my whole family
-Start college
-Quickly realize college is exhausting
-Actually start seeing someone for the first time ever only for that to blow up in smoke
-Find out that my visual impairment could prevent me from getting my license for a while

Yeah uhh...2023 hasn't been my best year

But I got a cat so that's cool :nifty:

IMG_7817.jpeg

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
oof, that sounds super rough
Yeah I know, every day I wake up and realize how badly I fumbled, questioning my decision to not simply ask. I have lost months of slee-

Oh you mean my job. Yeah it was rough.
My 2023, in summary:

-Spends months being hyped for the Mario movie only for it to be alright (It's fun but it's not the grand epic I hyped myself up into thinking it'd be)
-Get my tonsils removed and spend a month in horrible pain
-Family drama pretty much ruins my summer
-Finally get a job after a year of searching only for them to start screwing with my hours so I'm still not making money
-Inflation is screwing with my whole family
-Start college
-Quickly realize college is exhausting
-Actually start seeing someone for the first time ever only for that to blow up in smoke
-Find out that my visual impairment could prevent me from getting my license for a while

Yeah uhh...2023 hasn't been my best year

But I got a cat so that's cool :nifty:

View attachment 381209
Glasses Gang.

Also, name?

Jondolio

Smash Hero
This was a year of highs and lows for me. Mostly lows.

I (barely) finished my first year of college only to drop out, went on my first solo trip abroad, got into the collecting rabbit hole which I'm never climbing out of, and spent the rest of the time doing nothing useful with my time. Not to mention the fact that my country has been essentially on fire all year long.

I only recently started working again and even then pretty irregularly at that, but I did get back to drawing and hopefully I'll be able to find more job opportunities before 2024. I'm still figuring out how to adult.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Silly Z25. You want Hisuian Pokemon? Buy PLA. :4wario2:

Also
Calyrex isn't part of the datamine lol. His HORSES are, but not Calyrex himself.
This is a certified Gamefreak moment.

I meant shinies of enamorus.Like everyone else here, I’m a dedicated Pokémon fanboy, so of course I bought legends lol. But shiny locking everything in that sucked lol.

I wonder though if we will get the item to transform diagla and palkia into their origin forms at least.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I mean this is Gamefreak, we all know they love just adding in things last minute for no reason.

Like there's no way they're not putting Calyrex in the game but his horses are even though it's a 2 in one gimmick.

But then again this is Game Freak and TPC so maybe they are that stupid

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
2023 was a wild year. I mean it was better for me than 2022, but that's not much of an accomplishment.

I had a lot of fun, but I also had a lot of struggles - ones I can't go into too much detail on right now. And some of it did end up testing my emotional state.

But I think at the end of the day, this isn't a year I regret like 2022 was. Here's to however many more years I can take before my soul exits this mortal coil :004:

Shroob

Sup?
This is a certified Gamefreak moment.

I meant shinies of enamorus.Like everyone else here, I’m a dedicated Pokémon fanboy, so of course I bought legends lol. But shiny locking everything in that sucked lol.

I wonder though if we will get the item to transform diagla and palkia into their origin forms at least.
Those items are already available in the auction.

Reactions: Z25

Shroob

Sup?
I mean this is Gamefreak, we all know they love just adding in things last minute for no reason.

Like there's no way they're not putting Calyrex in the game but his horses are even though it's a 2 in one gimmick.

But then again this is Game Freak and TPC so maybe they are that stupid
Possible, tho it's pretty iffy as it stands. According to datamined info, you need a specific item to encounter each Legendary(Some of which are probably version exclusive too), and they datamined 25 items with pretty telling names as to who they unlock afaik.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
With today's Wapeach news, reminder that Lava Queen (a member of the Bwaaah Trio) in Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle has "bwapeach" as her filename.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
SEGA announces they are remaking Sonic Forces and taking fan feedback in order to make the game a better experience that pleases more fans than the original title did. To this end they put a suggestion box on their website. What do you submit?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Why the **** am I finding out that the people working the real life Squid Games had to use lubricated condoms as chapstick? And why the **** is Netflix actually running a real life Squid Games?
Wait what's with this Wapeach?
IMG_0926.jpeg
IMG_0927.jpeg

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
…is it possible to call the cops on an entire company?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Can’t believe Miyamoto turned down Wapeach without seeing the concept art because he envisioned Wapeach looking like this.

View attachment 381229
He didn't though. He turned it down because he felt Wapeach with Wario and Waluigi would just be knocking off Doronjo and her two goons.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
He didn't though. He turned it down because he felt Wapeach with Wario and Waluigi would just be knocking off Doronjo and her two goons.
Miyamoto and Nintendo should just embrace it... the Mario series doesn’t have a villain trio like Doronjo and her two goons.

Wario and Waluigi should have worked for Wapeach, not Bowser, in Mario Power Tennis on the GameCube.

Top Bottom