• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Hey, maybe consistent low critical scores will convince the higher ups to cancel/reboot the mcu.
Getting rid of former Disney CEO Bob Chapek was already a start considering that his leadership was leaning more on the quantity side and taking away creative control from the studios (whether this is from Disney Animation Studios, Pixar and especially Marvel Studios) meant that a load of the quality of their recent projects (which were announced under Chapek's reign) had suffered.

With Iger's return, he already promised that the creative control will be handed back to the studios in which (even though I do not agree with the strikes being "unrealistic" remark) his leadership style is the complete opposite of Chapek (where he is more on the quality side.)

Either ways, I will still watch the Marvels (despite the mixed reviews) either this weekend or next week to get my own opinion.

In terms of the state of the MCU for this year, the only projects that I enjoyed were Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 and the second season of Loki. I was marginally disappointed with the Secret Invasion. I really do hope that Kevin Feige and Marvel Studios will be able to find their ground (and now that they had regained creative control) for future projects eventually.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
In the era of Nintendo movies, lets take a look back at Director Seth Gordon who wanted to make a Super Paper Mario movie
Article Link

if we get the SPM remake after TTYD then... 🤔
I will throw it back in celebration if we get a SPM remake

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
In a short number of hours, the 9 year reign of Mario Kart 8 will finally come to an end.

What a wild ride it was.
"Oops, we left some tracks from the Mario Kart Tour™ game out of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass DLC for the Mario Kart 8™ game, didn't we?"

Noipoi

Howdy!
"Oops, we left some tracks from the Mario Kart Tour™ game out of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass DLC for the Mario Kart 8™ game, didn't we?"
EVERY TRACK IS NOT HERE

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Feel like ****, I just want Airship Fortress and Shy Guy Bazaar back.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So, why is Cherrim soo ungodly impossible in PLA.

I've had this mission since the start of the game and never seen one, and I'm on the most recent patch.
I’ve reset outbreaks for it. It also only spawns on one small area of the map. Heading there, and leaving if no cherrim spawn is the best way to do it

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
So, why is Cherrim soo ungodly impossible in PLA.

I've had this mission since the start of the game and never seen one, and I'm on the most recent patch.
I'm wondering the same about big Buizel

Because I just gave the Buizel I had to the guy who wanted a big one, and boop, task complete.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Nothing is weirder than looking at the wiki pages for What's New Scooby Doo and seeing that, the characters I thought were obvious generic celebrity parodies were actual real celebrities at the time who nobody remembers. Must be weird to have albums out there and a sizeable chunk of people only remember you from Scooby-Doo and also think you're fictional.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You know, Zelda is my favorite franchise of all time, maybe being tied with Metal Gear, so you would think I would be at least a little excited for a movie. But no. Not in the slightest.

As a Cinematographer myself I always told myself that if a Zelda movie ever got announced I would go above and beyond to ensure I was a part of that movie in whatever way possible but now… sigh

Avi Arad is not an inherently bad producer but his main goal is always to go after big properties, cram them full of merchandisable sets and characters, and use the movie itself to make the real money in toys. It’s what drove Kevin Feige to get away from him as best he could.

We got Wes Ball, the director of the Maze Runner movies, which just aren’t any good at all. Hopefully, Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes turns things around for him but we’ll see.

And finally, I can’t believe it, Derek Connelly as writer. The man who gave us the oh so wonderful quote of “Hux realized he had lost the Star Wars” and banger dialogue in movies like the Jurassic World Trilogy and ****ing Monster Trucks.

Please God give this Crew a miracle.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire trailer has dropped. Premiering March 29, 2024

I'm glad the kids from Afterlife are sticking around! I really like them as a team ( just hope their mom and Paul Rudd don't get in the way of their dynamic too much) and seeing them work alongside the old team and being mentored by them is so nice! And this is a nice threat that really hasn't been done before in ghostbusters (not even in the cartoons or comics, surprisingly!). Considering I didn't even know this movie was happening at all before the trailer came out today I am so elated!

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Nothing is weirder than looking at the wiki pages for What's New Scooby Doo and seeing that, the characters I thought were obvious generic celebrity parodies were actual real celebrities at the time who nobody remembers. Must be weird to have albums out there and a sizeable chunk of people only remember you from Scooby-Doo and also think you're fictional.
You're not seriously talking about Simple Plan are you? The singers of some of the most popular songs of the early 2000s? I’m Just a Kid, Perfect, Welcome to My Life, and Untitled? You’re saying that they’re the ones that a sizeable chunk only remembers cause of Scooby-Doo? How old am I?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Secondary thought. Sony, Mr. Ackroyd. If you want ghostbusters hyper fans like me to go co-co nuts, get Sofia Vergara to play Melanie Ortiz from the IDW comics in one of these movies (that's who her character was physically modeled after). It would be a great olive branch to one of the best things to come out of this franchise in decades. She doesn't even have to be a major part of the movie, just a cameo will do!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You're not seriously talking about Simple Plan are you? The singers of some of the most popular songs of the early 2000s? I’m Just a Kid, Perfect, Welcome to My Life, and Untitled? You’re saying that they’re the ones that a sizeable chunk only remembers cause of Scooby-Doo? How old am I?
I had never heard of them before I watched What's New, but I was mainly talking about Lindsay Pagano. Not sure I even know those songs either. I was born in 99, I should know these guys theoretically. But I don't.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Imagine if the Fox's card game Animation Throwdown shut it servers down and gets delisted, b4 there was any Simpsons content.

At least it's better than adding an Allen Gregory deck before the Yellow ones.

KillerCage

Smash Master

Did anyone post this yet?
So which team will you guys be on: Handshakes, Fistbumbs, or Hugs?
I'm leaning toward Fistbumps myself.
Is the live action show a good way to get into One Piece without sacrificing your soul to a gazillion episodes?
From what I watched, LAOP (Live-Action One Piece) did get me interested into either watching the anime or reading the manga so I think the show did its job.

Shroob

Sup?
Okay, new PLA question

How the hell am I supposed to keep track of the moon cycles?

It's never in the sky, but there's a handful of things related to it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Okay, new PLA question

How the hell am I supposed to keep track of the moon cycles?

It's never in the sky, but there's a handful of things related to it.
Just sleep until night and keep checking if Ursaring can evolve. That’s how I did it.

Top Bottom