• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Okay, new PLA question

How the hell am I supposed to keep track of the moon cycles?

It's never in the sky, but there's a handful of things related to it.
I think the map has icons for the phase of the moon. Otherwise you have to keep looking up. Takes about 30 cycles sometimes to get the moon right after resting.

Shroob

Sup?
I think the map has icons for the phase of the moon. Otherwise you have to keep looking up. Takes about 30 cycles sometimes to get the moon right after resting.
It doesn't, at least from what I've seen. It's always just a crescent shape.

Shroob

Sup?
I've done every mission in PLA up to Avalugg aside from Manaphy's quest and Spiritomb.

I dunno if every Spiritomb wisp is even available.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So which team will you guys be on: Handshakes, Fistbumbs, or Hugs?
I'm leaning toward Fistbumps myself.

From what I watched, LAOP (Live-Action One Piece) did get me interested into either watching the anime or reading the manga so I think the show did its job.
If team Fist Bump wins, I will post the main theme of Sonic Forces, also called Fist Bump.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
after going through Rainbow Road Wii, I can officially say…Mario Kart 7 still has the best Rainbow Road, followed by 64 and maybe SNES’s. The Wii one is still a beauty tho

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
By the way, this time the Nintendo Game of the Week is...

:ultchrom::ultlucina::ultrobin::ultrobinf:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
the credits for MK8D finally concluding are beautiful

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I just really love that the final MK8 track is Wii Rainbow Road.

It's probably my favorite track in the entire series. They did it justice.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
why the **** did 1987 April O’Neil decide to do news reporting spirit bombs? And why am I down for it?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Nah. That was a one time thing that happened yesterday that i made a meme about because i recognized it was ridiculous.

What's keeping me up now is the final boss of Trip's Story in Sonic Superstars.
If it's keeping you up at night, you may need to seek professional help :nifty:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
You know, Zelda is my favorite franchise of all time, maybe being tied with Metal Gear, so you would think I would be at least a little excited for a movie. But no. Not in the slightest.

As a Cinematographer myself I always told myself that if a Zelda movie ever got announced I would go above and beyond to ensure I was a part of that movie in whatever way possible but now… sigh

Avi Arad is not an inherently bad producer but his main goal is always to go after big properties, cram them full of merchandisable sets and characters, and use the movie itself to make the real money in toys. It’s what drove Kevin Feige to get away from him as best he could.

We got Wes Ball, the director of the Maze Runner movies, which just aren’t any good at all. Hopefully, Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes turns things around for him but we’ll see.

And finally, I can’t believe it, Derek Connelly as writer. The man who gave us the oh so wonderful quote of “Hux realized he had lost the Star Wars” and banger dialogue in movies like the Jurassic World Trilogy and ****ing Monster Trucks.

Please God give this Crew a miracle.
The worries regarding Conneily's work on the Jurassic World Trilogy honestly still just sound like gloom and doom to me, honestly. Up until the last movie, the Jurassic World movies honestly had pretty good scripts (just terrible marketing and misleading advertising for the second film) and the first film of the trilogy is widely and rightfully regarded as a strong return to form for the franchise after the first two Jurassic Park sequels got a much more mixed reception.

Haven't seen Monster Trucks, so I can't attest to that. Rise of Skywalker wasn't awful but was rushed and loaded with wasted potential.

Didn't the Maze Runner films actually get decent reception? I'm surprised by the concerns regarding the director with that in mind.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but I really feel people are being way too negative about the film already based on other films people aboard the film have worked on when a lot of said films (a lot, not all of them) aren't even remotely bad.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
You know, Zelda is my favorite franchise of all time, maybe being tied with Metal Gear, so you would think I would be at least a little excited for a movie. But no. Not in the slightest.

As a Cinematographer myself I always told myself that if a Zelda movie ever got announced I would go above and beyond to ensure I was a part of that movie in whatever way possible but now… sigh

Avi Arad is not an inherently bad producer but his main goal is always to go after big properties, cram them full of merchandisable sets and characters, and use the movie itself to make the real money in toys. It’s what drove Kevin Feige to get away from him as best he could.

We got Wes Ball, the director of the Maze Runner movies, which just aren’t any good at all. Hopefully, Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes turns things around for him but we’ll see.

And finally, I can’t believe it, Derek Connelly as writer. The man who gave us the oh so wonderful quote of “Hux realized he had lost the Star Wars” and banger dialogue in movies like the Jurassic World Trilogy and ****ing Monster Trucks.

Please God give this Crew a miracle.
Didn't Derek Connelly write the unproduced Duel of the Fates? I don't think he wrote Rise of Skywalker but got credited because some of Duel of the Fates was recycled for it.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Didn't Derek Connelly write the unproduced Duel of the Fates? I don't think he wrote Rise of Skywalker but got credited because some of Duel of the Fates was recycled for it.
That's where the "Hux realised he lost the Star Wars" line is from though I will say it was just a fun thing they put in as a joke and it was a first draft anyway

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Ben Tennyson really loves saying the names of transformations

dezeray112

Smash Hero
oh…the strike ended…
View attachment 380404
…also Disney+ and Hulu are merging next year
View attachment 380406
guess the John Cena wrestling days are back to being over
Finally! I'm really glad to see that a deal (that is fair and reasonable for the actors guild) had been agreed to end the actors strike.

I'm going to assume a load of films that are due to be released in 2024 will be back in production, actors can get back to promoing their films and casting news can happen.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I just can't see a Pokémon Black/White remake happening without also having Black 2/White 2 or it getting a reboot story.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I started reading My Hero Academia. Currently on Ch. 215 (I think that’s somewhere in Season 5). I understand the hype, and the art is pretty. The only chapter I could say looked really off was the rock band school festival bit, but I feel like that’s because I’m reading the Shonen Jump issue and not the tankobon issue.

It’s pretty good shonen. :iwatadirect: My favorite character is Kirishima.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Yesterday, I booted up Starlink: Battle for Atlas and it was telling me that I didn't have any of the DLC downloaded.

Exiting the game and starting it up again fixed the problem.

Top Bottom