• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Say this every time it comes up, but who actually listens to/trusts rotten tomatoes.
Silly Snake, remember the internet Rotten Tomatoes bad review average code

"If I want a movie to flop then Rotten Tomatoes is accurate, If I want a movie to succeed, then they are not"

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
RIPView attachment 380391

Edit: it has now hit me that those annoying nerds have won. It's so Joever
Decided to go read some of these:
IMG_8838.jpeg

-Sees this

-Sees several reviews say it’s not funny.

-People genuinely complaining about “pandering” and a more serious tone.

Yeah ok critics, and I’m not even super hyped for this. But this just don’t add up.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It’s okay to hate the ** you hate too. As long as you don’t give the people who do like it **.

I just get tired of this apparent need to have everyone online to agree with you one way or the other. And I’m not innocent of this either, I’ll admit. Just sayin.
Nah I agree, I really only posted the RT score to spark discussion since MCU is a big thing around here. I myself have no strong feelings one way or the other to this film (they did bad on marketing it).

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Decided to go read some of these:
View attachment 380394

-Sees this

-Sees several reviews say it’s not funny.

-People genuinely complaining about “pandering” and a more serious tone.

Yeah ok critics, and I’m not even super hyped for this. But this just don’t add up.
Reading these reviews also made me realize a few things about Rotten Tomatoes
-Every review is graded on their own unique score but still runs on the Fresh and Rotten system
-A C- is apparently rotten

I don't even plan on seeing this movie in theatres, I just want Bigots to lose.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don't care about the movie but I am exhausted about movies led by women and PoC getting judged significantly harder. MCU had no women solo movies for so long cause "Well Catwoman and Elektra flopped so clearly women are not profittable" despite those movies being dog**** or Static Shock getting canned cause of bad toy sales when they never made a ****ing toy line to begin with. Never got over that, loved Static Shock as a kid

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Reading these reviews also made me realize a few things about Rotten Tomatoes
-Every review is graded on their own unique score but still runs on the Fresh and Rotten system
-A C- is apparently rotten

I don't even plan on seeing this movie in theatres, I just want Bigots to lose.
I think they don't base it off on the review grade but rather the wording they use to describe their experience. Which is why you get mismatches.

also C- would be failing by my parents standards so maybe they're RT is ran by yhem

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Nah I agree, I really only posted the RT score to spark discussion since MCU is a big thing around here. I myself have no strong feelings one way or the other to this film (they did bad on marketing it).
Hey, maybe consistent low critical scores will convince the higher ups to cancel/reboot the mcu.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Hey, maybe consistent low critical scores will convince the higher ups to cancel/reboot the mcu.
Not a chance in hell. Only if they stopped making money all together.

But they’re definitely noticing that the current pace they’re going at won’t work, not to mention trouble with certain actors and things like that. So I hope they’ll at least take a couple years off to try and reorient themselves.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Lol
I don't care about the movie but I am exhausted about movies led by women and PoC getting judged significantly harder. MCU had no women solo movies for so long cause "Well Catwoman and Elektra flopped so clearly women are not profittable" despite those movies being dog**** or Static Shock getting canned cause of bad toy sales when they never made a ****ing toy line to begin with. Never got over that, loved Static Shock as a kid
Tbh, they set the movie up to fail, the marketing was dogwater (granted there was the strike) and the trailers SUCKED. They also failed to do anything to push back on the Brie Larson smear campaign and just kinda fed into them.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Not a chance in hell. Only if they stopped making money all together.

But they’re definitely noticing that the current pace they’re going at won’t work, not to mention trouble with certain actors and things like that. So I hope they’ll at least take a couple years off to try and reorient themselves.
Honestly I liked the idea of Kang. I liked what they were doing with him and he feels like a nice step up after Thanos. The only thing I ever saw with him in it was Quantomania, which briefly reinvigorated my interest in the MCU, but that flame died down super quick. So now I'm back to being apathetic.

Honestly I really wish DC was able to get a coherent Cinematic Universe together that people liked AND made money without all these clashing directors and getting rebooted twelve times without even resetting the continuity. And I'm not excited for James Gunn's direction of it because he doesn't seem to be making the right moves. There's too much corporate politics involved.

Really, both companies just need to take their cinematic universes, reset them to square 1, and start over with a lot more organization. And I don't mean strictness either. A good leader can quickly course correct in the event of a freak accident without derailing the overall goal you're setting sail towards. And I think that kind of mentality is needed. They need someone above the directors. A head of all heads. But not someone who'd be individually directing any of the movies the way James Gunn and such do. Like... a conductor.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Ngl at this point I don’t really bother with opinions about the MCU when it comes to reviewing each project separately. The overall issues had that the likes of Variety and Forbes discussed is one thing sure, and it’s understandable to feel worn out by the amount of content dropping, but the review bombing I ain’t gonna care for.

I especially realized to not take it seriously after the whole “MCU is over only to quickly turn into a MCU is back then back to over and return to back” thing that happened within a week due to the production discussion + Loki and The Marvels + Echo and Blade being mature rated.
Meanwhile Loki knows peak is coming:

I’m still betting OB is Kang or another villain.
it apparently might be an alternate Loki being the villain of the season, similar to the Loki Agent of Asgard comic series. This is assumed based on some concept art that got dropped specifically about the current season.. I would be down for it if legit
Lol

Tbh, they set the movie up to fail, the marketing was dogwater (granted there was the strike) and the trailers SUCKED. They also failed to do anything to push back on the Brie Larson smear campaign and just kinda fed into them.
The strike being in the way aside, the trailers only needed to show an abusive amount of Kamala (aka the star of the show based on reviews). That and the Brie Larson stuff is kinda pathetic. Whether it’s insecure men or any other sort of dummies, it feels both weird and goofy as hell to hate a woman that had valid points made.

that and turning against a fellow Nintendo gamer is crazy

Noipoi

Howdy!
Btw it's been a year since Sonic Frontiers came out
View attachment 380395
I'm still shocked it did as well as it did and was as fun as it was, especially the DLC stages
Glad Frontiers did well, Sonic needs a win every now and then.

But-

I hope the moody, melancholy tone doesn’t stick. I like my Sonic games colorful, obnoxious, and and a little edgy
:239:

And all the cartoon characters having low-key, gloomy voices just sounds weird.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Glad Frontiers did well, Sonic needs a win every now and then.

But-

I hope the moody, melancholy tone doesn’t stick. I like my Sonic games colorful, obnoxious, and and a little edgy
:239:

And all the cartoon characters having low-key, gloomy voices just sounds weird.
I mean, the edge is there but the tone's likely not staying as they wanted an extinct people to be central to the plot with mystery being a big focus. I can't wait to see an open zone city layout with people to see and buildings to parkour on

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The strike really ****ed it up because the best thing about the movie is the main trio and yeah they couldn't do **** to market that aspect, pay everyone involved in your movies properly without ****ing them over you greedy ****s.

And it was certainly a choice to have the final trailer use more footage of Cap, Stark and Thanos than Kamala who is actually in the ****ing movie.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Shrek 5 got a leaked year release of 2025 thanks to LinkedIn

Reactions: Z25

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
So there's this guy I follow on YouTube who does pop music reviews, and in his Community tab he does polls ranking all the hit songs that ranked at a certain number on year end lists (like the year-end #1s, #2s, #3s, etc...)

I found out that he will next be polling the year-end #28 songs. And what's a song that falls under that category? None other than "I Love It" by Icona Pop, one of my favorite songs of all time.

So if some of y'all who have YouTube accounts followed Diamond Axe Studios Music on YouTube and vote for "I Love It" when it shows up on his upcoming polls, that'd be just dandy. :happysheep:

unless you don't want to, i'm not your boss lol

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
The strike really *ed it up because the best thing about the movie is the main trio and yeah they couldn't do * to market that aspect, pay everyone involved in your movies properly without ****ing them over you greedy ****s.

And it was certainly a choice to have the final trailer use more footage of Cap, Stark and Thanos than Kamala who is actually in the ****ing movie.
Between that and the scattered marketing for Wish, I can see why some people believe that they are deliberately tanking these movies to blame the actors strike and try to win back their right wing audience.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ngl at this point I don’t really bother with opinions about the MCU when it comes to reviewing each project separately. The overall issues had that the likes of Variety and Forbes discussed is one thing sure, and it’s understandable to feel worn out by the amount of content dropping, but the review bombing I ain’t gonna care for.

I especially realized to not take it seriously after the whole “MCU is over only to quickly turn into a MCU is back then back to over and return to back” thing that happened within a week due to the production discussion + Loki and The Marvels + Echo and Blade being mature rated.

it apparently might be an alternate Loki being the villain of the season, similar to the Loki Agent of Asgard comic series. This is assumed based on some concept art that got dropped specifically about the current season.. I would be down for it if legit

The strike being in the way aside, the trailers only needed to show an abusive amount of Kamala (aka the star of the show based on reviews). That and the Brie Larson stuff is kinda pathetic. Whether it’s insecure men or any other sort of dummies, it feels both weird and goofy as hell to hate a woman that had valid points made.

that and turning against a fellow Nintendo gamer is crazy
That’s possible, and OB could even still be working with them. His room in the real world, Gave me big he who remains citadel vibes. Looked very similar to the layout of that room.

Plus the paradox of the TVA being made before him allegedly, but he made the rule book that even Kang used. Makes me think they are partner in this whole thing.

But if the theory that our Loki is actually the one in charge now/will take over, then it could make sense that we see the past version of him confront his future self in the finale.

I liked the concept, but it would suck if this Loki never gets to reunite with Thor.

I also wonder how the show will progress the grander story leading up to secret wars. Maybe Loki takes over, learns Kang is still coming back, and decides it’s time to make his own avengers like team to stop him.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Between that and the scattered marketing for Wish, I can see why some people believe that they are deliberately tanking these movies to blame the actors strike and try to win back their right wing audience.
Either blame the strike or blame women.

I mean we already know what route these crusty nerds are taking.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
In other news with WB Games:

Original source is WB’s earnings call.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Common WB L

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

And people said Multiversus was going to stay dead.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That’s possible, and OB could even still be working with them. His room in the real world, Gave me big he who remains citadel vibes. Looked very similar to the layout of that room.

Plus the paradox of the TVA being made before him allegedly, but he made the rule book that even Kang used. Makes me think they are partner in this whole thing.

But if the theory that our Loki is actually the one in charge now/will take over, then it could make sense that we see the past version of him confront his future self in the finale.

I liked the concept, but it would suck if this Loki never gets to reunite with Thor.

I also wonder how the show will progress the grander story leading up to secret wars. Maybe Loki takes over, learns Kang is still coming back, and decides it’s time to make his own avengers like team to stop him.
either the same or different OB working with an older Loki would be nice, as they’d have no choice but to keep things in as much order as possible before the remaining Kangs kick down the door to chaos land. Loki doing whatever it takes to keep the Kangs from destroying the multiverse, while Strange, the Marvels and X-Men characters (or just Deadpool and Wolverine) are dealing with incursions would be a nice way to ramp up the stakes that they’re all in danger of facing.

and with a Thor/Loki reunion, I see it happening in Secret Wars….hopefully. I’m not too sure on how long Hemsworth will play Thor, so between that and Thor 5 I expect Loki to see him one last time (even if they’re not the exact Thor and Loki each are missing)

Suicide Squad ain’t gonna get to have that good game will they?

Reactions: Z25

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

We're already at $12 fatalities, might as well go for $12 brutalities

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Really wish I could communicate the existential sorrow this fills me with in some way...

I know! Imagine if Nintendo made the same announcement. How would that make you feel?

Top Bottom