• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
That, and my god, Hop, **** off. I'm sick of having to battle you almost every town. I don't mind Rival fights, in fact, I usually like them, but Hop, seriously man, go away. You pop up too goddamn much, even Nemona isn't as bad as you are, and Nemona has a single character trait, which IS battling.
I wonder if Hop would've gone over better if he gave one or two battles/appearances over to Marnie. His character arc is nice at least in concept, but it seems to get lost since many fans get annoyed with him due to how much he pops up. By contrast, Marnie feels the most underused of the rival trio and could use more screentime to flesh her out.

Shroob

Sup?
I wonder if Hop would've gone over better if he gave one or two battles/appearances over to Marnie. His character arc is nice at least in concept, but it seems to get lost since many fans get annoyed with him due to how much he pops up. By contrast, Marnie feels the most underused of the rival trio and could use more screentime to flesh her out.
Marnie gets basically zero screentime. She pops up, and the next time she does she's declared herself your rival which is...???? Mate I barely KNOW you.

I get what they're going for with Hop, but it's TOO MUCH.

Noipoi

Howdy!
That, and my god, Hop, **** off. I'm sick of having to battle you almost every town. I don't mind Rival fights, in fact, I usually like them, but Hop, seriously man, go away. You pop up too goddamn much, even Nemona isn't as bad as you are, and Nemona has a single character trait, which IS battling.
Wow! That was a super effective move! You sure do remember your type match-ups, huh?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Marnie gets basically zero screentime. She pops up, and the next time she does she's declared herself your rival which is...???? Mate I barely KNOW you.

Marnie had so little screentime and she was so heavily associated with the games "team rocket" that I though she was going to be the villain.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Team Yell as a whole is lame.

Marnie does nothing. Piers is responsible for the most infamous scene in the game. The grunts are obnoxious. And if you removed them from the plot nothing would really change.

Just throw the whole team away.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Marnie taking notes from Wally.

Shroob

Sup?
Team Yell as a whole is lame.

Marnie does nothing. Piers is responsible for the most infamous scene in the game. The grunts are obnoxious. And if you removed them from the plot nothing would really change.

Just throw the whole team away.
Hey now, Piers is based.

He stands with the idea that Dynamax sucks.
And he's right.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Finally finished Ahsoka, It was okay. I felt it had weird pacing and a bunch of other small problems that prevented me from loving it.

Also caught up to season 2 of Loki. Loki was always my favorite MCU show and it hasn't missed a beat with it's return. (It is also retroactively making me hate Quantumania more.)

Shroob

Sup?
My main solace is knowing I'm almost done with Gen 8 until I tackle the battle tower

Well, aside from Poffins in BDSP. I have ZERO clue how to max contest stats... that's going to be the real roadblock once the shiny hunt is over.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The sad thing is that Team Yell was only Sword/Shield's second worse evil team. At least people remember them.

Unlike Macro Cosmos, who just exist to drag the game's pace to a screeching halt for a game of hide-and-seek.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The New Goosebumps show is actually pretty decent.

A bit of a darker tone, and does a good job brining the books stories to light in a new way. It serves the franchise well, and the characters are even pretty enjoyable.

I’m intrigued to see how it ends, especially when we have the episode titles for the final 5.

Shroob

Sup?
Man, people are REALLY upset over the latest Minecraft Mob vote, huh?

....tbh, I don't blame them.

I don't see why they don't just add all 3 mobs. They have a history of straight up just never adding in any previous Mob Vote mobs to the game, so logically people are going to be both freaking out and frankly exhausted by this point. Game's a multi-billion dollar IP and they make people choose which 1 of 3 new mobs they want in the game, despite all 3 being honestly needed since all 3 biomes lack severe diversity.

CureParfait

Smash Ace
I personally think so since Marnie is really underused and Hop pops up so much it feels overwhelming to me at least.

Top Bottom