• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
This whole Tara Strong controversy is just proving the point that you don't gotta make a statement for everything. It's okay to stay silent instead of making a very poorly made response that digs you into a hole that you can't crawl out of.
That reminds me of that one person in the Smash Bros. community itself, who was going to get married to another person in the Smash Bros. community, but molested or ***** a young boy. She did not speak for a small number of years and when she finally did, she basically said "I did not do anything wrong, leave me alone".

I forgot her name, but anyways, sorry for bring this back up.

Jondolio

Smash Hero

New Invincible poster.

New trailer also comes out tomorrow.
Wow, i would be so excited about this if it came out around literally any other time than now
This whole Tara Strong controversy is just proving the point that you don't gotta make a statement for everything. It's okay to stay silent instead of making a very poorly made response that digs you into a hole that you can't crawl out of.
See here's the thing

Being a Jewish woman I definitely think Tara Strong has the right to make a statement. But you can make a statement in support of Israel without being an Islamophonic piece of ****

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
See here's the thing

Being a Jewish woman I definitely think Tara Strong has the right to make a statement. But you can make a statement in support of Israel without being an Islamophonic piece of ****
Yeah that's where the problem is with her and a lot of other celebs statements, they just get hella Islamophobic with zero nuance, and we don't need more of that.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This, because literally every time a celebrity will just go “that side bad, my side good” and leave it at that. With absolutely no awareness of a situation.

I always support the hope of peace for all and for conflicts to put to an end. which is all I say on matters because it’s not my place to ever go further into something like that. But everybody wants that clout and will say whatever they think works without even thinking:
I can't believe Charizard is the new voice of Mario.
Gen 1 pandering again smh.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yeah that's where the problem is with her and a lot of other celebs statements, they just get hella Islamophobic with zero nuance, and we don't need more of that.
Of course, we don't.

I don't know how well informed they are about life and other ethnic groups or races, but their lack of awareness is no excuse for them to say those dumb things. I highly doubt many of their fans are actually better.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I always support the hope of peace for all and for conflicts to put to an end. which is all I say on matters because it’s not my place to ever go further into something like that. But everybody wants that clout and will say whatever they think works without even thinking:
As someone who's directly affected by this war I feel like I have to say something.

I don't think every Palestinian or Muslim is a terrorist, but one thing's for sure: Hamas is an evil organization and that needs to be acknowledged. They have killed thousands of innocent Israeli civilians in a way that's comparable to the Holocaust. Any and all support for them is either from people without enough knowledge about the situation who shouldn't say anything (basically the same as the people spewing anti-Islamic rhetoric), or straight up antisemites. There's no justification for these massacres.

Having said that Netanyahu and the rest of the government need to go as soon as this is over. They brought this on us by dividing the populace with their us vs them rhetoric which made it easy for Hamas to invade us, and now they want to draw out this war to continue killing as many Palestinians as they can, including innocents. They are no better than Hamas. Unfortunately even though Netanyahu is losing support getting rid of him could prove difficult since he's very popular and Israel is a democracy in name only.

It's definitely not a black and white issue. I hope this war ends sooner rather than later so that I can go back to my daily life and my friends, and to avoid further casualties. Either way I'm done with this country, I don't think this cycle of violence will ever end and while I'll never not br affected, I don't want to be there next time this happens.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
I'm still waiting the day Bamco makes Super Robot Wars USA.
Basically a spin-off, with Mechs from American franchises. (like Pacific Rim, Megas XLR or Transformers)
The problem is that majority will be from Warner Bros. (namely: Dexter's robot, PPG's Dynamo or Regular Show's Baby Ducks), the legal mess between Toei and Hasbro with licensing Power Rangers, and the fact that Thunderbirds is from the UK.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Friday the 13th. Pretty fitting day to cap off all the TeePublic Merch I made for sale now. Spooky Season (NEON) is out now too!

I really hope Sonic Superstars doesn’t go down as “a bad game” or “a mediocre game” or “just ok”. I, personally, need this to be a win.
Most places seems to say it's pretty good, like a 7 or 8. It's best not to worry too much about review scores and judge the game on your own enjoyment. Cause I saw reviews of Mega Man 8 or MMX4 and back in the day they got lower scores almost strictly for not being in 3D. But I think those games are pretty good, hell MMX4 I'd say was great and one of the best in the franchise.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Paramount: cancels hit show iCarly 2021 to save money despite being one of their popular streaming shows
Disney: uses AI background characters and through the ABC network shortens down season 3 of Abbott Elementary instead of merely waiting until the actors can act in order
Apple: cancels hit show Afterparty despite being one of their popular shows

studios…stop being greedy and taking away the good stuff…or accept losing money…or just be fair in the first place

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm still waiting the day Bamco makes Super Robot Wars USA.
Basically a spin-off, with Mechs from American franchises. (like Pacific Rim, Megas XLR or Transformers)
The problem is that majority will be from Warner Bros. (namely: Dexter's robot, PPG's Dynamo or Regular Show's Baby Ducks), the legal mess between Toei and Hasbro with licensing Power Rangers, and the fact that Thunderbirds is from the UK.
If any western franchises ever make it in to a Super robot wars game i imagine the first they would try to get is Star wars.

Spaceship units are a thing in these games so i can easily imagine Luke and Han fighting in an X wing and the Millenium falcon.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
If any western franchises ever make it in to a Super robot wars game i imagine the first they would try to get is Star wars.

Spaceship units are a thing in these games so i can easily imagine Luke and Han fighting in an X wing and the Millenium falcon.
It would be cool if B.B. Studio made a Star Wars strategy RPG.
Considerign that Namco made a game for the Famicom (a kusoge btw)

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
So, how is everyone today?

Also, check this out.

I hope this explains which team I'm going with.

Shroob

Sup?
Almost done with finishing my 2nd run of Sword and

Man, this game is just bad.

I've said it before but.... bleh. Linerarity isn't a bad thing, and when used properly, can be used very well.... but the Routes in this game are over before they begin, with basically very little to see or do on them. Maybe 1 TM, 1 hold item, 3-4 trainers and that's it.

And despite being a selling point of the game, outside of going to it twice for story purposes, you can completely just, ignore the Wild Area, and you're frankly encouraged to due to how they made it impossible to catch high leveled Pokemon until you collect enough badges.

Also, personal pet peeve of mine but the version exclusive gyms were a dumb idea. Fighting/Ghost one, sure, even though neither of them have anything to do with the whole "Rolling" mechanic, but the Rock gym is soo painfully out of place, it's clear that they made the Ice gym first and then reskinned it into being a Rock gym, when just leaving it as an Ice Gym in both versions would have made way more sense.

That, and my god, Hop, **** off. I'm sick of having to battle you almost every town. I don't mind Rival fights, in fact, I usually like them, but Hop, seriously man, go away. You pop up too goddamn much, even Nemona isn't as bad as you are, and Nemona has a single character trait, which IS battling.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think my most radical idea for a piece of fiction is that the narrative of Castle of Illusion (within the context of Kingdom Hearts) is a piece of revisionist history created by King Mickey to cover up an unjust punishment he carried out in his youth and that the villains motives, and how the game ends, are both not accurate to what actually happened.

Top Bottom