• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Uub (who I somehow never considered before)
Uub is five years old. He has god ki from being Kid Buus reincarnation, but he’s five years old. Unless we time skip to GT times, I don’t think he can fight Black Frieza or Beerus:nifty:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Uub is five years old. He has god ki from being Kid Buus reincarnation, but he’s five years old. Unless we time skip to GT times, I don’t think he can fight Black Frieza or Beerus:nifty:
I was gonna say he could pull a Gohan and casually spark himself up a top tier transformation or something…but yeah the time skip thing is very important to put in consideration. Rn the manga is retelling Super Hero, and who knows when they’ll get back to Black Frieza or continue storylines post DBZ ending.

Shroob

Sup?
Is it wrong to say I fell off of Dragon Ball after Z ended?

GT feels like a fever dream I saw occasionally on Toonami and I couldn't tell you at all what happened/happens in Super.

There comes a point where power scaling gets kinda... exhausting.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Is it wrong to say I fell off of Dragon Ball after Z ended?

GT feels like a fever dream I saw occasionally on Toonami and I couldn't tell you at all what happened/happens in Super.

There comes a point where power scaling gets kinda... exhausting.
it’s all good. There’s probably loads of anime that I’ve either fell off of, or have/had no interest in.

like One Piece and JoJo

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Concerning leaks, can we at least remember to put spoil tags on anything about Mario's new VA until a few weeks after Wonder releases?
I'm gonna be honest I don't see what makes that worth being a blind reveal. A recast isn't a plot twist, it's not like say, "Holy **** you guys Robert Downey Jr is in Incredible Hulk, he was Tony Stark in Iron Man, what does this mean?" Nintendo's just oddly stubborn about not revealing the new voice actor of their mascot whereas every other recast of a major character doesn't get this silent hush hush treatment. Imagine if Sonic fans were saying to spoiler tag that Ben Schwartz voices him in the movie or what Jim Carrey's role was gonna be

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm gonna be honest I don't see what makes that worth being a blind reveal. A recast isn't a plot twist, it's not like say, "Holy **** you guys Robert Downey Jr is in Incredible Hulk, he was Tony Stark in Iron Man, what does this mean?" Nintendo's just oddly stubborn about not revealing the new voice actor of their mascot whereas every other recast of a major character doesn't get this silent hush hush treatment. Imagine if Sonic fans were saying to spoiler tag that Ben Schwartz voices him in the movie or what Jim Carrey's role was gonna be
To be fair, Sonic has been recast with multiple different voice actors several times over the course for several different roles, from various games to, the various TV shows and the live-action movie series alike.

Mario has only had one voice actor since like, he ever had a voice, period, not counting the cartoons or the CD-I games, and has been the voice of the character for nearly 30 years. The man's incredibly famous and he almost certainly made Mario even more popular than he already was with his voice work. Changing an iconic and beloved voice actor after that long,, regardless of reason, is gonna be something a lot of people, even if not everyone, will have to adjust to, so I do kinda get why Nintendo's holding off on revealing it and trying to make it a surprise.

Regardless of that, and whether or not someone needs to adjust to the new VA, there's ultimately still a lot of people who want to be genuinely surprised by the reveal.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Disney being blatantly caught using AI background characters is sad, pathetic, and hella stupid of them

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
To be fair, Sonic has been recast with multiple different voice actors several times over the course for several different roles, from various games to, the various TV shows and the live-action movie series alike.

Mario has only had one voice actor since like, he ever had a voice, period, not counting the cartoons or the CD-I games, and has been the voice of the character for nearly 30 years. The man's incredibly famous and he almost certainly made Mario even more popular than he already was with his voice work. Changing an iconic and beloved voice actor after that long,, regardless of reason, is gonna be something a lot of people, even if not everyone, will have to adjust to, so I do kinda get why Nintendo's holding off on revealing it and trying to make it a surprise.

Regardless of that, and whether or not someone needs to adjust to the new VA, there's ultimately still a lot of people who want to be genuinely surprised by the reveal.
It's just really weird cause like. The recast has already been confirmed, Nintendo's just oddly stubborn on this compared to pretty much the rest of the industry, I'm reminded of Pokemon fans who follow Joe Serebii on twitter and then get mad at him for spoiling the games by posting officially shared info. I don't understand how anyone could think that the mystery of whoever's saying "Wahoo, lets a go, yipee!" Is something that will improve your experience throughout the whole game

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
the inevitable SpongeBob recast is gonna cause as much chaos as the current Mario stuff will

cause ain’t no way Nick and Paramount are ever gonna end SpongeBob

Shroob

Sup?
Speaking of recasts, the Rick and Morty one seems....fine.

Morty sounds the exact same just marginally older. Rick sounds... hella weird tho.

Shroob

Sup?
To anyone who has played Pokemon Infinite Fusion before, how hard is it to set up, and how rare are like, the mythicals.

Since the game's full of references, was thinking of making a full-on Pokemon spooky spaghetti team for Heckoweenie.

1697171223207.png

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The Simpsons recast gonna go crazy
now that’s gonna be a challenge since Simpsons usually takes characters out of the show instead of recasting them (for a variety of reasons)
Speaking of recasts, the Rick and Morty one seems....fine.

Morty sounds the exact same just marginally older. Rick sounds... hella weird tho.
Rick only sounds off when he does his screaming talky things

also the show needs to stop doing Mr. Poopybutthole so dirty

Shroob

Sup?
tenth October drawing.

This one is based on a YouTube series about a mysterious game called "Petscop." The game isn't real.

Had to put this one on Dropbox, too.
Mate, I gotta hand it to ya, as someone who loves spooky spaghetti and stuff like it, I'm loving this series you're doing.

Are you gonna have a place that has everything in one place once you're done?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
To anyone who has played Pokemon Infinite Fusion before, how hard is it to set up, and how rare are like, the mythicals.

Since the game's full of references, was thinking of making a full-on Pokemon spooky spaghetti team for Heckoweenie.

View attachment 379170
I could be wrong but if your not on randomizer, I think all the legends and mythics have set static or special encounters.

As long as your laptop can handle the big download it should be good. I think they got a lot better at compressing the files over time.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Mate, I gotta hand it to ya, as someone who loves spooky spaghetti and stuff like it, I'm loving this series you're doing.

Are you gonna have a place that has everything in one place once you're done?
Thank you!

Yeah I will! I’ve been sharing them on Twitter, but didn’t think of putting them into a single thread until one of the later drawings so it was too late xD

I’ll see if I can group them into a “Moment” on there when I’m done.

I also thought of putting them on Pixiv; I made an account there just so I could enter an official contest they held earlier this year for Miku’s 16th Birthday :p I know that website has a bunch of weird stuff too, though >_> (thankfully I haven’t seen any of the really bad stuff, I guess the filter works for the most part at least)

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Thank you!

Yeah I will! I’ve been sharing them on Twitter, but didn’t think of putting them into a single thread until one of the later drawings so it was too late xD

I’ll see if I can group them into a “Moment” on there when I’m done.

I also thought of putting them on Pixiv; I made an account there just so I could enter an official contest they held earlier this year for Miku’s 16th Birthday :p I know that website has a bunch of weird stuff too, though >_> (thankfully I haven’t seen any of the really bad stuff, I guess the filter works for the most part at least)
Yeah, I'd honestly consider using an non-Japanese image hosting site lol. Pixiv has a lot of stuff(hentai).

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Not so much anti Palestine as anti Hamas, I would say.
I understand that as someone from Isreal, this war is very close to home and terrifying, but unfortunately that slight bit of nuance is going over the heads of so many people, I'm seeing way more calls for genocide of all Palestinians than just Hamas, with celebs posting pics of a destroyed Gaza or Palestinian kids while saying "I stand with Isreal". I also saw this used as a call to bomb Irak for some ****ing reason. Sorry if it sounds like I'm talking over you, but Tara Strong's likely not considering that little bit of nuance considering the fearmongering of Muslims she's also doing

EDIT: TLDR I ****ing hate how this is treated as a black and white issue, innocent Isreali and Palestinians don't ****ing deserve this war and genocide

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I understand that as someone from Isreal, this war is very close to home and terrifying, but unfortunately that slight bit of nuance is going over the heads of so many people, I'm seeing way more calls for genocide of all Palestinians than just Hamas, with celebs posting pics of a destroyed Gaza or Palestinian kids while saying "I stand with Isreal". I also saw this used as a call to bomb Irak for some ****ing reason. Sorry if it sounds like I'm talking over you, but Tara Strong's likely not considering that little bit of nuance considering the fearmongering of Muslims she's also doing

EDIT: TLDR I ****ing hate how this is treated as a black and white issue, innocent Isreali and Palestinians don't ****ing deserve this war and genocide
Honestly you hit the nail on the head. I'm seeing a lot of sentiments in the other direction as well, with people supporting Hamas' genocide of innocent people, saying they're freedom fighters who are fighting back against their oppressors but people need to realize that this isn't a black and white issue and has never been that.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna read some manga, I need to distract myself from this

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
CMA has approved Microsoft’s acquisition of Activision Blizzard after initially rejecting it back in April.

At this point the deal can close.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Unfortunetly a lot of westerners are just not that well educated on the history of Isreal, Palestine and the middle east as a whole. I can't say I know that much - just enough bits and pieces to get a rough idea. And a lot of major news outlets aren't usually the best sources either.

I imagine a lot of celeberties are just ignorant or confused but Tara Strong has taken it to a different level. Sadly unsurprising that she'd believe anti-islamic conspiracy theories when she's already an anti-vaccer.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Unfortunetly a lot of westerners are just not that well educated on the history of Isreal, Palestine and the middle east as a whole. I can't say I know that much - just enough bits and pieces to get a rough idea. And a lot of major news outlets aren't usually the best sources either.

I imagine a lot of celeberties are just ignorant or confused but Tara Strong has taken it to a different level. Sadly unsurprising that she'd believe anti-islamic conspiracy theories when she's already an anti-vaccer.
I think a lot of people growing up 20 years ago simply fail to realize they were massively fed propaganda and are being fed it again, 9/11 broke so many people's brains, making the whole 'the Middle East are all terrorists and should be killed for the sake of rightousness' thing that bled outside the US. Nuance requires knowledge and a desire to seek it, a willingness to have your beliefs challenged and change your stance after receiving additional information. But that takes effort and critical thinking, especially with the realization that you may have been deadly wrong and are horrified of what you used to believe, so a simple 'Good vs evil, us vs them' is enough for a lot of people

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
1. It is done. I am free from discussing the Xbox Activision deal:

2. Regarding the whole situation in Palestine and Israel, I agree that there are no winners. The innocents do not and should never have to live through the terror of war.

On a mod note, I am pleased to see the discussion be civil. Let’s keep it that way.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, how is everyone today?

Also, check this out.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434