• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Oracle Link

Smash Master
And now the worst switch 2 take:

-Let’s take the console with a massive library and completely ignore it for its successor.

-Even when a good portion of the library was added in the last few years when people were expecting a successor with backwards compatibility and may not have bought a switch.

but sure let’s not do that and make everyone start over again.
Which is especially stupid because so many people say : "Nintendo is greedy they never do backwards compatibility!"
Yes they do they only dont do it when they change they change the shape of their games Drasticaly!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Next T-Shirt Design is here. A Demon Girl one this time.

I still find the hardest challenge being able to get more eyes on my art. I try not to RT beg too much, but I gotta try my best to spread the word of my stuff out there. I'll try to network with more and more artists too. And on top of all that, still try to improve my skills.

Outside of that, I re-watched all of 90's Spider-Man, and while the pacing can be crazy fast, I'm really surprised at how much the show still holds up for me personally.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Which is especially stupid because so many people say : "Nintendo is greedy they never do backwards compatibility!"
Yes they do they only dont do it when they change they change the shape of their games Drasticaly!
Well, the Wii U can’t play GameCube games literally because of a software lockout that can be modded away so…

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Kid Icarus Uprising…forever trapped on the 3DS

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Reviews for Detective Pikachu Returns look to be mixed.

This doesn't phase me as I was never expecting jaw dropping gameplay. All I ask for is a good story (with a proper conclusion) and fun characters.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
the actor or Harper is saying that Paramount ****ing cancelled iCarly 2021…that **** better not be true cause that was the best thing Nickelodeon had in years

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
IMG_0323.jpeg

welp…guess it’s back to the sponge and turtles

now we’ll never know why the mom left (or what she looks like)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
A slightly larger Miranda Cosgrove
I would’ve accepted that if it meant we got an answer.

should’ve cancelled that girl lay lay or the danger force if anything

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Speaking of Adventure Time, did anyone else's jaw drop when they first saw this scene?

I never got that far in, last I checked I was at like, Fire Princess' introduction, but I still giggle every now and then when I remember that one episode randomly had Finn's shirt have a pocket so I was wondering if he always had that only to end on the world's best fart joke

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Nintendo clarified in their 3DS and Wii U shutdown article that Poké Transporter (used to get Gen 3-5 along with the Virtual Console Gen 1 and 2 games into Bank) will also remain open after the shutdown.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Great idea for the Darkwing reboot if it’s connected to DuckTales. So the new Negaduck is already established as the actor who played DW in the old show, and now he wants his old villains back. So he’s finding people who have similar psych profiles and backgrounds to them and purposefully setting them up to undergo villain origin stories to turn them into the “grim and gritty reboot” versions of the villains from the old show. You don’t even have to do this for every single character either since you can fudge it and say that not everything from the show we know was in the in-universe tv show. But this way, you can maintain continuity, reboot the old villains, and not have to use multiverse theory to explain why they’re here! I love it!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I never got that far in, last I checked I was at like, Fire Princess' introduction, but I still giggle every now and then when I remember that one episode randomly had Finn's shirt have a pocket so I was wondering if he always had that only to end on the world's best fart joke
Oh yeah, you're referring to Hunson Abadeer's debut episode.

That episode was the most bizarre mix of comedy, nightmare fuel and emotional moments.

As for the show as a whole, every season of Adventure Time after the earliest episodes of Season 6 are a mixed bag, but it's still an incredible show overall. Season 1 is far less serious than how many later episodes can get, but establishes a lot of important stuff, and everything from seasons 2 to early season 6 are especially worth the watch, with season 4 (and most of season 5) arguably being the peak of the show. I'd very much recommend giving the rest of the show a watch at some point.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Just like how that Aladdin and Lion King collection got DLC for the SNES Aladdin game and the Jungle Book games; the Disney Afternoon Collection should have got DLC for the Goof Troop, Bonkers, and Gargoyles games. Call it the 16-bit expansion.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Super Mario Bros. Wonder producer Takashi Tezuka on Sonic Superstars releasing the same week
“I think it’s an interesting coincidence. We’ve been creating 2D action games for a long time and we, of course, want as many players as possible to enjoy those games. We’re looking forward to as many people as possible having the opportunity to play these 2D side-scrolling action games, Mario and otherwise.”

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Can't wait the day when KoF All-Star makes a collab with Killer Instinct. I will cry tears of joy if I hear a Co-Co-Co-Combo Breaker.

And it would be funny to see them before Mortal Kombat or BlazBlue.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Super Mario Bros. Wonder producer Takashi Tezuka on Sonic Superstars releasing the same week
What he actually said:
"Haha, that little blue ****** thinks he can compete with Mr. Video Game himself? That's cute. We would have sent a cease and desist for even thinking they could release their next poorly coded shovelware in the presence of our mustachioed overlords, but we'll let it slide since it's so amusing. Enjoy holding right to win while we proceed to hold right all the way to the bank, haha."

Top Bottom