• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Freddy Fazebear’s Pizza real:
What would be better is select locations of Chuck E. Cheese being converted into Freddy Fazbear’s Pizzerias.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
NASB discord are banning anybody that talks about the leaked footage and roster

makes sense, but…should probably ban TKB instead

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
Well. That’s nice to know. My pitch remains in tact.
Remind me, but have you watched She-Ra and the Princesses of Power (the Netflix version)?
I would think it would be up your alley.
Say, everyone? How do you like my new avatar?
Okay???
I don't know; Pyramid Head as your avatar just doesn't click.
I wonder if the Werehog is a better fit.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Shamelessly copying this from the Next Smash thread because it got no engagement-

Alright, I'm bored. So check this out.

2024-The next Nintendo console is both announced and released during this year. Let's call it the Switch U.

June 2025- During a Nintendo presentation, we get the rather vague announcement that a new Smash brothers is in the works for the Switch U. It's set for a 2026 release, and Masahiro Sakurai is still involved. Nerds rejoice worldwide.

February 2026-After months of speculation, we finally get the initial reveal teaser. Obvious characters like Mario, Link, and Pikachu are confirmed. A holiday 2026 release date is established.

June 2026-
We get the full reveal for Smash 6, though the whole returning roster isn't shown off at once. Over the course of the year we learn that few characters are cut, namely crazy third parties like Sephiroth or Sora and oddballs like Young Link and Pichu. Incineroar and Corrin are also gone, for obvious but yet to be revealed reasons. But for the most part all first party veterans are intact, along with third party staples like Sonic and Pac-Man. And to the surprise of many Joker, Steve, and Banjo Kazooie are still around. We get our first new character reveals here, particularly Waluigi, Dixie Kong (an echo of Diddy), and Crash Bandicoot. They spend a lot of time focusing on tweaks made to improve older characters, like Mario using more power-ups or Ganondorf's...everything.

Summer-ish 2026-
A solo Smash presentation. New features abound, tons of music and items and assist trophies and Pokeball summons, disconfirming some big requests like Isaac or Bomberman. We get standalone stages based on Tears of the Kingdom, Mario Wonder, and Legends Arceus. Here we get the announcements for Master Chief, Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic echo), Octoling (Inkling echo), and Geno. Nerds rejoice once more. The game's main gimmicks to set it apart from Ultimate are retooling old movesets for classic fighters, and an all-new story mode with fully animated cutscenes, setting out to be an improvement on the Subspace Emissary.

September 2026-A Nintendo Direct is held as usual, revealing Bandanna Waddle Dee at the start and Alear at the end. Reactions are mixed.

Fall-ish 2026-
A month or two before the game's release, a final presentation is held. Revealing Noah, Meowscarada, Paper Mario, and Sans. Don’t ask me how they all fit into one direct. They go into more detail on the story mode, and announce that dlc is on the way, featuring both new characters and returning veterans like Sephiroth. If you preorder the new expansion pass, you get an extra fighter, Tingle. No one knows how to respond to this being the first Zelda rep in a decade.

Late Fall/Winter-ish 2026-Game releases.

This is generally how I see things going down, with a few liberties taken here and there. If I'm wrong I'll literally drink water.

Feel free to tear it to pieces :4wario2:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Shamelessly copying this from the Next Smash thread because it got no engagement-

2024-The next Nintendo console is both announced and released during this year. Let's call it the Switch U.

June 2025- During a Nintendo presentation, we get the rather vague announcement that a new Smash brothers is in the works for the Switch U. It's set for a 2026 release, and Masahiro Sakurai is still involved. Nerds rejoice worldwide.

February 2026-After months of speculation, we finally get the initial reveal teaser. Obvious characters like Mario, Link, and Pikachu are confirmed. A holiday 2026 release date is established.

June 2026-
We get the full reveal for Smash 6, though the whole returning roster isn't shown off at once. Over the course of the year we learn that few characters are cut, namely crazy third parties like Sephiroth or Sora and oddballs like Young Link and Pichu. Incineroar and Corrin are also gone, for obvious but yet to be revealed reasons. But for the most part all first party veterans are intact, along with third party staples like Sonic and Pac-Man. And to the surprise of many Joker, Steve, and Banjo Kazooie are still around. We get our first new character reveals here, particularly Waluigi, Dixie Kong (an echo of Diddy), and Crash Bandicoot. They spend a lot of time focusing on tweaks made to improve older characters, like Mario using more power-ups or Ganondorf's...everything.

Summer-ish 2026-
A solo Smash presentation. New features abound, tons of music and items and assist trophies and Pokeball summons, disconfirming some big requests like Isaac or Bomberman. We get standalone stages based on Tears of the Kingdom, Mario Wonder, and Legends Arceus. Here we get the announcements for Master Chief, Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic echo), Octoling (Inkling echo), and Geno. Nerds rejoice once more. The game's main gimmicks to set it apart from Ultimate are retooling old movesets for classic fighters, and an all-new story mode with fully animated cutscenes, setting out to be an improvement on the Subspace Emissary.

September 2026-A Nintendo Direct is held as usual, revealing Bandanna Waddle Dee at the start and Alear at the end. Reactions are mixed.

Fall-ish 2026-
A month or two before the game's release, a final presentation is held. Revealing Noah, Meowscarada, Paper Mario, and Sans. Don’t ask me how they all fit into one direct. They go into more detail on the story mode, and announce that dlc is on the way, featuring both new characters and returning veterans like Sephiroth. If you preorder the new expansion pass, you get an extra fighter, Tingle. No one knows how to respond to this being the first Zelda rep in a decade.

This is generally how I see things going down, with a few liberties taken here and there. If I'm wrong I'll literally drink water.

If there are cuts I will cut down a tree.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

June 2026-

Summer-ish 2026-

Fall-ish 2026-

Yo this is some AS-
Paper Mario
this is an amazing idea and it will happen

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I somehow won a Art Raffle earlier today from a Pokemon artist on Twitter. I've been stressed at work due to mandatory Saturday overtime and applying for a new internal job position, so it feels good to have a small victory.

☺

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I will say, it is pretty neat seeing what came of the indie franchises that started off when I was in middle school. I used to stay up watching several lets players play these games.

FNAF is a full fledged franchise and is getting a movie.
Undertale showed up in Smash and Toby Fox is getting work in a lot of places.
Yandere Sim is never coming out and YandereDev will be in federal prison.
Minecraft, I think we all know how it turned out.

Moral of the story is that if you put your mind to it, your dreams will come true.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
And I could also win the lottery. Anything’s possible.

Nope. Soccer Guy said it himself.

It’s literally the opposite of unsustainable??
Never mind SnakeFighter, Noipoi. She is literally not going to see the truth of why cuts are not that bad and why it may have to happen. It's not worth your time.

Noipoi

Howdy!
People will never be satisfied with it and you will loose hype, sales, success, and satisfaction.
The number of people who will live with it greatly outnumber the people this would be a dealbreaker for. Look at dexit, which was a way bigger deal. Pokémon isn’t just doing well, it’s doing better. (Sales wise, at least)

Flash a few shiny new characters and a new gameplay mode and the people will eat it up. It’s a new Smash, it’ll sell just fine.

I know you won’t believe me, and that’s okay. Give it two or so years and I’m gonna have big ass told you so moment
:101:

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The number of people who will live with it greatly outnumber the people this would be a dealbreaker for. Look at dexit, which was a way bigger deal. Pokémon isn’t just doing well, it’s doing better. (Sales wise, at least)

Flash a few shiny new characters and a new gameplay mode and the people will eat it up. It’s a new Smash, it’ll sell just fine.

I know you won’t believe me, and that’s okay. Give it two or so years and I’m gonna have big ass told you so moment
:101:
I’m just trying to say it won’t happen in a way that won’t get “copium” parroted back at me.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’m just trying to say it won’t happen in a way that won’t get “copium” parroted back at me.
Never say won't.

I don't deny that Everyone Is Here could happen again, hypothetically. But when the man himself says it's very unlikely, I'm inclined to believe him. There's a whole lot of stuff that goes on behind the scenes that we don't know about, any number of things could happen that would mean even one character doesn't make the jump.

Hope all you want, I'm not gonna tell you not to. But personally I feel like anyone who's 100% positively unshakably certain that nobody's getting cut is setting themselves up for disappointment.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Never say won't.

I don't deny that Everyone Is Here could happen again, hypothetically. But when the man himself says it's very unlikely, I'm inclined to believe him. There's a whole lot of stuff that goes on behind the scenes that we don't know about, any number of things could happen that would mean even one character doesn't make the jump.

Hope all you want, I'm not gonna tell you not to. But personally I feel like anyone who's 100% positively unshakably certain that nobody's getting cut is setting themselves up for disappointment.
Like I said, don't mind her. She is never going to listen.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Never say won't.

And I have to make it sound like I’m certain it’s gonna happen or I get the meme word. I hate the Internet.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Head's up, everyone. All things online will end for the 3DS and Wii U in April.

Top Bottom