• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Noipoi

Howdy!
And I have to make it sound like I’m certain it’s gonna happen or I get the meme word. I hate the Internet.
Just, y'know, keep an open mind. Don't be so set on one outcome or another.

Anything could happen, even something you may not like. The world isn't so black and white.

Unova confirmed

or I get the meme word
scared toons.png

Snake you're white as snow they're not supposed to call you that

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Head's up, everyone. All things online will end for the 3DS and Wii U in April.
Reposting this so this does not get buried in the last page.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Just, y'know, keep an open mind. Don't be so set on one outcome or another.

Anything could happen, even something you may not like. The world isn't so black and white.

Unova confirmed
Unova is so bull. Obviously we should be working towards ideals. What’s true doesn’t matter unless you just want to stand in the way of progress. How is this even a debate?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I've been considering rewatching the entirety Adventure Time recently. Looking back, as inconsistent as the quality of the episodes in Adventure Time's later seasons were...there were truly some phenomenal episodes throughout the entire show's run. Looking at certain seasons and even just individual episodes in particular, you can really see just how brilliant as well as groundbreaking it was for modern animated TV series. Some of the middle seasons were particularly incredible.

Like, (major spoilers ahead here if you happened to never really watch the show before) this one scene alone pretty much summarizes that season 4 was peak Adventure Time:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Head's up, everyone. All things online will end for the 3DS and Wii U in April.
Nintendo Badge Arcade will also shut down. After April 2024 if you attempt to launch the game you will get an error message. Deleting the Data from the SD Card also makes it unrecoverable.

For the foreseeable future Pokémon Bank will remain available but I would recommend catching and transferring now.

Edit: Streetpass will also remain available but Spotpass will be discontinued.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I've been considering rewatching the entirety Adventure Time recently. Looking back, as inconsistent as the quality of the episodes in Adventure Time's later seasons were...there were truly some phenomenal episodes throughout the entire show's run. Looking at certain seasons and even just individual episodes in particular, you can really see just how brilliant as well as groundbreaking it was for modern animated TV series. Some of the middle seasons were particularly incredible.

Like, (major spoilers ahead here if you happened to never really watch the show before) this one scene alone pretty much summarizes that season 4 was peak Adventure Time:

Adventure Time was ****in rad

Until Finn and FP broke up

Dang, Wii U and 3DS are really dead huh.

It was only a matter of time before they shut down the online, the Wii U legit died, but the 3DS still had Pokemon.
Was the Wii U ever alive?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Adventure Time was ****in rad

Until Finn and FP broke up
Yeah, that was when the show started to lose it's footing, imo.

Critics: "BUT THE ANALOGIES AND METAPHORS FOR PUBERTY-"

Does not excuse bad and contrived character writing, nor does it automatically make it a good reason, in-universe or out, to break up one of the best couples in the show after so much character development.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Was the Wii U ever alive?
Not really and I can kinda understand them shutting down the service for the Wii U. It probably wasn't worth keeping the servers up, the only notable game I could think of that had some online playerbase was Splatoon 1 and it's a hackers paradise now. Ultimate killed Smash 4 and MK8 got ported so... yeah it's joever.

3DS not so much but if you didn't get Bank by now then you are SCREWED

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Unova is so bull. Obviously we should be working towards ideals. What’s true doesn’t matter unless you just want to stand in the way of progress. How is this even a debate?
What's true absolutely does matter if you want progress.

The real problem is that people are by nature full of biases and are very, very bad at determining what is "true".

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Shamelessly copying this from the Next Smash thread because it got no engagement-

Alright, I'm bored. So check this out.

2024-The next Nintendo console is both announced and released during this year. Let's call it the Switch U.

June 2025- During a Nintendo presentation, we get the rather vague announcement that a new Smash brothers is in the works for the Switch U. It's set for a 2026 release, and Masahiro Sakurai is still involved. Nerds rejoice worldwide.

February 2026-After months of speculation, we finally get the initial reveal teaser. Obvious characters like Mario, Link, and Pikachu are confirmed. A holiday 2026 release date is established.

June 2026-
We get the full reveal for Smash 6, though the whole returning roster isn't shown off at once. Over the course of the year we learn that few characters are cut, namely crazy third parties like Sephiroth or Sora and oddballs like Young Link and Pichu. Incineroar and Corrin are also gone, for obvious but yet to be revealed reasons. But for the most part all first party veterans are intact, along with third party staples like Sonic and Pac-Man. And to the surprise of many Joker, Steve, and Banjo Kazooie are still around. We get our first new character reveals here, particularly Waluigi, Dixie Kong (an echo of Diddy), and Crash Bandicoot. They spend a lot of time focusing on tweaks made to improve older characters, like Mario using more power-ups or Ganondorf's...everything.

Summer-ish 2026-
A solo Smash presentation. New features abound, tons of music and items and assist trophies and Pokeball summons, disconfirming some big requests like Isaac or Bomberman. We get standalone stages based on Tears of the Kingdom, Mario Wonder, and Legends Arceus. Here we get the announcements for Master Chief, Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic echo), Octoling (Inkling echo), and Geno. Nerds rejoice once more. The game's main gimmicks to set it apart from Ultimate are retooling old movesets for classic fighters, and an all-new story mode with fully animated cutscenes, setting out to be an improvement on the Subspace Emissary.

September 2026-A Nintendo Direct is held as usual, revealing Bandanna Waddle Dee at the start and Alear at the end. Reactions are mixed.

Fall-ish 2026-
A month or two before the game's release, a final presentation is held. Revealing Noah, Meowscarada, Paper Mario, and Sans. Don’t ask me how they all fit into one direct. They go into more detail on the story mode, and announce that dlc is on the way, featuring both new characters and returning veterans like Sephiroth. If you preorder the new expansion pass, you get an extra fighter, Tingle. No one knows how to respond to this being the first Zelda rep in a decade.

Late Fall/Winter-ish 2026-Game releases.

This is generally how I see things going down, with a few liberties taken here and there. If I'm wrong I'll literally drink water.

Feel free to tear it to pieces :4wario2:
Aside from my visceral aversion to cuts, this is a pretty good lineup. Would have liked Isaac from Golden Sun and Shovel Knight but these are some solid choices. Plus there probably would be dlc.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
That said, I wouldn't be surprised if other console servers slowly start shutting down as well. 360's marketplace is going away next year (always the first to go when ending life support), and they already tried with the PS3, PSP, and Vita, wouldn't be surprised if they try it again.

Shroob

Sup?
Pokemon Bank mons will likely be deleted if not transferred to Home either so get going ASAP if you want that solved.
Furfrou, the Elemental Monkeys, the Patrat line, and the Unova Starters pre-Indigo Disc don't feel soo good Mr.Pokemon Company.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Shamelessly copying this from the Next Smash thread because it got no engagement-

Alright, I'm bored. So check this out.

2024-The next Nintendo console is both announced and released during this year. Let's call it the Switch U.

June 2025- During a Nintendo presentation, we get the rather vague announcement that a new Smash brothers is in the works for the Switch U. It's set for a 2026 release, and Masahiro Sakurai is still involved. Nerds rejoice worldwide.

February 2026-After months of speculation, we finally get the initial reveal teaser. Obvious characters like Mario, Link, and Pikachu are confirmed. A holiday 2026 release date is established.

June 2026-
We get the full reveal for Smash 6, though the whole returning roster isn't shown off at once. Over the course of the year we learn that few characters are cut, namely crazy third parties like Sephiroth or Sora and oddballs like Young Link and Pichu. Incineroar and Corrin are also gone, for obvious but yet to be revealed reasons. But for the most part all first party veterans are intact, along with third party staples like Sonic and Pac-Man. And to the surprise of many Joker, Steve, and Banjo Kazooie are still around. We get our first new character reveals here, particularly Waluigi, Dixie Kong (an echo of Diddy), and Crash Bandicoot. They spend a lot of time focusing on tweaks made to improve older characters, like Mario using more power-ups or Ganondorf's...everything.

Summer-ish 2026-
A solo Smash presentation. New features abound, tons of music and items and assist trophies and Pokeball summons, disconfirming some big requests like Isaac or Bomberman. We get standalone stages based on Tears of the Kingdom, Mario Wonder, and Legends Arceus. Here we get the announcements for Master Chief, Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic echo), Octoling (Inkling echo), and Geno. Nerds rejoice once more. The game's main gimmicks to set it apart from Ultimate are retooling old movesets for classic fighters, and an all-new story mode with fully animated cutscenes, setting out to be an improvement on the Subspace Emissary.

September 2026-A Nintendo Direct is held as usual, revealing Bandanna Waddle Dee at the start and Alear at the end. Reactions are mixed.

Fall-ish 2026-
A month or two before the game's release, a final presentation is held. Revealing Noah, Meowscarada, Paper Mario, and Sans. Don’t ask me how they all fit into one direct. They go into more detail on the story mode, and announce that dlc is on the way, featuring both new characters and returning veterans like Sephiroth. If you preorder the new expansion pass, you get an extra fighter, Tingle. No one knows how to respond to this being the first Zelda rep in a decade.

Late Fall/Winter-ish 2026-Game releases.

This is generally how I see things going down, with a few liberties taken here and there. If I'm wrong I'll literally drink water.

Feel free to tear it to pieces :4wario2:
By the time this game would release, Alear, Meowscarda, and Noah would be pretty irrelevant.

Very likely that Fe whatever number they are on comes out, Gen 10 and Unova Remakes, and probably another Xenoblade game. All of which would likely be out by then.

Sans is debatable too, but maybe deltarune chapter 4 will be coming out then.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Furfrou, the Elemental Monkeys, the Patrat line, and the Unova Starters pre-Indigo Disc don't feel soo good Mr.Pokemon Company.
The monkeys and Patrat are fine, Unova confirmed 2024.

Furfrou…

…Better hope it gets a regional variant or something, damn.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
On note of the 3DS and Wii U online services shutting down soon, does anyone have a spare Alolan Vulpix they're willing to trade?

I only ever got Pokemon Moon out of Gen 7. Might have to see if I can pick up some of the other games from Gen 7 (or at least Ultra Moon) soon too if they're not too difficult to find at a decent price now.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
On note of the 3DS and Wii U online services shutting down soon, does anyone have a spare Alolan Vulpix they're willing to trade?

I only ever got Pokemon Moon out of Gen 7. Might have to see if I can pick up some of the other games from Gen 7 (or at least Ultra Moon) soon too if they're not too difficult to find at a decent price now.
In Gen 7 or 9? Cause I got a bunch in Gen 9.

Shroob

Sup?
Gen 7.

I'm not really that familiar with the Pokemon trading scene admittedly, so I don't know if there's any way to trade it from one Generation of games to another.
There's no way to trade backwards no. You can trade backwards between Gen 8 and 9, but you'd need to find someone with a Gen 7 game.

StormC

Smash Hero
Remember when the DS online got shut down like two years after Pokemon Black/White 2 released

Top Bottom