• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Super Mario Bros. Wonder producer Takashi Tezuka on Sonic Superstars releasing the same week
Nintendo’s been on top of SEGA for over two decades now after they won the console wars. If I was in his shoes, I’d be confused by the concept of a new Sonic game competing with a new Mario title for sales too and brush it off by grouping it with every “2D side-scrolling action game”.

His response was honestly cold af :iwatanod:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I decided to watch one episode of each Disney afternoon show as they were bundled together, roughly following the layout of the original block. Each afternoon. That means today it’s one Gummi Bears, one DuckTales, one Chip and Dale, and one TaleSpin. I’ll keep going until o get to the bad shows (I’m not watching Schnookums and Meat).

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Was reading the Disney Afternoon wiki and discovered this was a show they were developing at one point

Disney's Critter Country - A show featuring the animal characters from the Critter Countryattractions Country Bear Jamboree and Splash Mountain as they collaborate as a community to stop the fiendish plans of Br'er Fox.

Yeah, that’s right. Disney was basically making a Song of the South show.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
How do you balance the roster of a Disney crossover fighter between all the branches of Disney while hitting all the important aspects without overdoing any one area? Is this feat even possible?

Noipoi

Howdy!
How do you balance the roster of a Disney crossover fighter between all the branches of Disney while hitting all the important aspects without overdoing any one area? Is this feat even possible?
No, it isn’t.

The animated movies take priority, and between the main studio and Pixar there’s no way they won’t outnumber the rest of the cast. As long as stuff like the TV shows still have a couple classic and modern reps it’ll be fine.

And whatever you do, there better be a Muppet.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
No, it isn’t.

The animated movies take priority, and between the main studio and Pixar there’s no way they won’t outnumber the rest of the cast. As long as stuff like the TV shows still have a couple classic and modern reps it’ll be fine.

And whatever you do, there better be a Muppet.
Not only would the animated movies take priority, but then they'd 100% add in Marvel, Star Wars, and Pirates content long before they hit Disney Channel.

Idk if there's room for a Disney Channel TV show in there, most you're getting Lilo and Stitch and the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Not only would the animated movies take priority, but then they'd 100% add in Marvel, Star Wars, and Pirates content long before they hit Disney Channel.

Idk if there's room for a Disney Channel TV show in there, most you're getting Lilo and Stitch and the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
Plus Simpsons, Indiana Jones, and Avatar.

Maybe you’ed get A FEW if the roster was BIG. But if anyone could afford to do a big roster for a smash clone if they wanted to, it would be Disney.

Also Lilo and Stitch was a movie and Mickey Mouse clubhouse had no OCs. What are you on about?

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Was reading the Disney Afternoon wiki and discovered this was a show they were developing at one point

Disney's Critter Country - A show featuring the animal characters from the Critter Countryattractions Country Bear Jamboree and Splash Mountain as they collaborate as a community to stop the fiendish plans of Br'er Fox.

Yeah, that’s right. Disney was basically making a Song of the South show.
Did you know that Donald Duck was going to get a Hawaiin Cop-like show, but he was also a Ninja on top of it?

You probably did actually.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
While on the topic of the current conversation, I posted a 100 character Disney roster for the hell of it over on the roster channel

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
WayForward isn't ruling out a modern console release of Shantae Advance: Risky Revolution

1696464971906.png

It would be foolish of them not to but this is comforting

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
On note of the 3DS and Wii U online services shutting down soon, does anyone have a spare Alolan Vulpix they're willing to trade?

I only ever got Pokemon Moon out of Gen 7. Might have to see if I can pick up some of the other games from Gen 7 (or at least Ultra Moon) soon too if they're not too difficult to find at a decent price now.
Is it still possible to just make a trade between two Gen 7 games?
Reposting this since I never really got a proper answer for it (and admittedly it was very late at the time I originally made both of these posts).

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
rumors spreading around about Paramount+ dying out within a year, so if true…

they should’ve died AFTER letting iCarly finish their story

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
rumors spreading around about Paramount+ dying out within a year, so if true…

they should’ve died AFTER letting iCarly finish their story
oh come on! So many nicktoons in one convenient place, it was great! I don't want to have to to wait for them to all come to some other streaming platform piecemeal!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
oh come on! So many nicktoons in one convenient place, it was great! I don't want to have to to wait for them to all come to some other streaming platform piecemeal!
at the worst it probably would end up on Netflix, return to Hulu, or Amazon Prime does something with them…

…either way I’m still gonna be a salty ***** over the lack of a conclusion

Shroob

Sup?
So like

Why the hell is White Woman Jumpscare even in the movie. She's not supposed to exist for like another 70 years,

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Im not gonna lie im actually bummed that Power rangers finally got cancelled after narrowly avoiding it for 3 decades.

I wanted to see how they would localize stuff like Zenkaiger, Lupat or Kingohger.

Top Bottom