• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
View attachment 378025

So, "THEORETICALLY" speaking, if I had the option to get Shining Pearl for like, 15 bucks, would it be worth it alone just for access to a spare Cresselia/Heatran and Darkrai in PLA?
Shiny hunting Darkrai and Shaymin was low key my main reason for buying these games originally. So from a collecting standpoint, yes lol.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, I'm in agreeance with this. I'd love to see a black character in Smash, but given that Smash is reflective of the greater gaming industry, it ain't happening anytime soon. And that's on the gaming industrt being behind the times, and to this day it's still super far behind.

Like name 10 notable black video game characters that aren't from GTA.

Games are pretty peak, get acquantied if you can.
If side characters count

Eddy Gordo
Jax
Jade
TJ Combo
Elena
Sean
Laura
Bruce Irvin
Demoman(Not that TF2 has an actual MC tho)
Lucio
Doomfist
Sena
Barret
Sazh

MCs

James Heller
AC Origins Guy
AC Liberation Girl
That new guy from Prince of Persia
DeathLoop Man
BD Joe(Kinda)
Afro Thunder
Thunder Ray
The guy from that other Punch-Out like game

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
With the new Yakuza game having a Vtuber as one of it's antagonists and Ichiban being a manchild who views the world as an anime RPG game i fully expect us to actually fight her at some point.

In-universe we would be fighting the person behind the Vtuber but Ichiban with his mental condition just sees himself fighting the Vtuber.

View attachment 378021
Jin about to be one of the best characters in Reload
Elizabeth, Persona's DR Eggman.

Shroob

Sup?
No but really. Ogre Outsin' is really ****ing broken, only held back by being nearly impossible to do solo on higher difficulties. The fact that Mochi are 1:1 with Vitamins is crazy.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Elizabeth, Persona's DR Eggman.
I’ve only dealt with her for 2 Persona games and I think she might be my favorite velvet room icon (unless Lavenza does some funny **** in Tactica to win me back again).

D

Deleted member

I plan of following up that lawsuit with one of my own. I am going to sue Game Freak for releasing the Teal Mask DLC for Scarlet / Violet, as it perpetuates the falsehood that they can be considered 'games' rather than 'alphas'. This is blatant false advertisement.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I’ve only dealt with her for 2 Persona games and I think she might be my favorite velvet room icon (unless Lavenza does some funny **** in Tactica to win me back again).
I like how the velvet room attendants typically complement their respective hero but Elizabeth is just a little gremlin.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Beat the Teal Mask. Story was pretty short but it seems it was just an appetizer for Indigo Disk.

• Ngl, Carmine and Kieran didn't really catch me as the main game rivals. Now I am glad they're in DLC 2 because otherwise I didn't really feel anything aside that mental illness clearly runs in the family.
  • Ogerpon, however, is my baby.
  • Idk how to feel on the trio, I don't think they had much time to develop in game. Backstory was pretty neat tho.
  • Soundtrack was alright, not as good as base game.
  • Briar is so clearly evil that I think it's more than likely a fakeout.
  • Idk what that ending was but Kieran going full anime rival/villian is kinda hilarious.
Overall, it was alright. Nothing special, just a standard Pokemon adventure. DLC 2 is where all the focus seems to be, can't wait to visit Unova again

Shroob

Sup?
Beat the Teal Mask. Story was pretty short but it seems it was just an appetizer for Indigo Disk.

• Ngl, Carmine and Kieran didn't really catch me as the main game rivals. Now I am glad they're in DLC 2 because otherwise I didn't really feel anything aside that mental illness clearly runs in the family.
  • Ogerpon, however, is my baby.
  • Idk how to feel on the trio, I don't think they had much time to develop in game. Backstory was pretty neat tho.
  • Soundtrack was alright, not as good as base game.
  • Briar is so clearly evil that I think it's more than likely a fakeout.
  • Idk what that ending was but Kieran going full anime rival/villian is kinda hilarious.
Overall, it was alright. Nothing special, just a standard Pokemon adventure. DLC 2 is where all the focus seems to be, can't wait to visit Unova again
Kieran going full on Light Yagami wasn't what I expected but it seems like the fans are eating that **** up.

Shroob

Sup?
Top Bottom