• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Shroob

Sup?
The one thing, and I do say this unironically, that Incineroar has going for him is he's a mainstay in VGC, which is the competitive format for Pokemon battling.

If not Lando-T, you're running Incineroar as your dedicated Intimidater. He completely put normal Arcanine out of a job.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’d be fine with that I guess. I just wish they’d say what they were doing. Same with the cut vets. What’s the plan with them? Even if the plan is “nothing” I’d like to have a concrete answer.
My guess they probably aren’t allowed to comment until the game is out or maybe when the dlc first gets showcased.

Shroob

Sup?
Ya know, EVERYONE dunked on Geeta for being an awful champion.

If Kieran does end up becoming a new champion, I guess we got what we wanted.

And it only took bullying a literal child into having a mental breakdown by crushing his hopes and dreams.

Good deal.

Hey, does anyone have a spare Moon Ball they can part with? I want to get Blood Moon in one, but the only one I can get reliably is locked behind the dex completion that I need it for, so I need to get another.

I can trade over any of my extra Apriballs (Love, Heavy, or Fast) in turn, or even give up the Moon Ball at the end of the dex completion if you want it back.
If you're here, I gotchu fam.

Edit: Doublepost, my b.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Incineroar is absolutely getting scrapped but K Rool is sticking around so I’m good.

Right?
Incineroar SHOULD have the "is Smash/Nintendo's literal Grappler Character" card to keep him safe, in theory anyway. He fills a role that would've likely needed King or Zangeif or Mike Haggar to replace cause they sure as hell didn't add Star Man from Nintendo's WRASSLING from the 80's.

Pichu and Pokemon Trainer might just wake up in the COD Gulag tho.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Incineroar SHOULD have the "is Smash/Nintendo's literal Grappler Character" card to keep him safe, in theory anyway. He fills a role that would've likely needed King or Zangeif or Mike Haggar to replace cause they sure as hell didn't add Star Man from Nintendo's WRASSLING from the 80's.

Pichu and Pokemon Trainer might just wake up in the COD Gulag tho.
Star Man was a character I wanted for a while because I wanted obscure Nintendo characters from unrepresented games.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Saw this making the rounds, and it got me thinking again. Even as a Black/Hispanic Man, I don't find it a HUGE deal. But it WOULD be cool if more Black and Hispanic characters were added to these big crossover games, of course Smash is more of a symptom of the lack of main protags in most long-running series as opposed to anything I think intentional. Most of the iconic Black characters I can think of are part of an ensemble cast, Eddy Gordo, Christie, Raven, Jax, Jade, Elena, Adam Hunter, Balrog, Sean, Dudley ect.

I do at least remember why some people got heated over Min-Min being chosen over Twintelle. But to be honest, it's not like the amount of Asian characters was high, let alone ones that were Non-Japanese. Or even darker skinned Asian characters I guess like Dhalsim. I've already talked a lot about how certain iconic third party series/games could use more than one character that's fully playable. This could be a way to deal with that in theory. But I'd also still think it'd apply to cool ass Robots like Mega Man X and Zero.

For mains, I can think of CJ, Franklin(sorta) Elma and I guess Shantae. Some ensemble casts like TF2 or Overwatch could add someone like Demoman I guess. LoL has a few popular Black characters too.

Otherwise we got the GOAT Ganondorf at least.

Remember when licensed games weren’t automatically bargain bin titles and were made by aaa development studios? Of course you don’t because none of us were kids during the nes era.
Comic Book and Anime games get pretty big budgets, all things considered. Stuff like Spider-Man 2, X-Men Legends, and MVC were considered reasonably high profile. That's nothing to say of modern Spider-Man and Batman Arkham, Injustice or DBFZ. And that's been a consistent thing for a while.

Cause if you don't think Arkham Knight isn't a AAA game then I don't know what to tell you.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Looking at the all star brawl 2 render leaks,

Why is Ms Puff here? Is she a boss? If so that’s pretty funny ngl

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Honestly I felt really bad catching Ogerpon over Kieren, knowing full well she was just going to sit in my box for the rest of eternity.

T'was the bad ending for everyone.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Persona 3 Reload just got a new trailer:

• Strega! They seem to have a bit more focus in this game, hopefully they're more fleshed out here and have better boss fights.
  • From ATLUS Media Briefing, we know that those flashy attacks that Junpei and Mitsuru do are performed by filling a "Theurgia Gauge". They look badass!
  • Fuuka uses what appears to be Oracle - possibly less randomized and more useful here like it was in PQ.
  • Harabah looks a bit less like visual migraine now... I think?
  • I can't tell if it's Chidori or not but the animated cutscenes focus on what may be a new character which could be nothing but I'm curious about.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
I'll probably be the big loser when the next Smash comes out cuz apart from Isabelle...well my boi Corrin is a very likely cut, and ain't no way Sakurai is adding Viridi, Ribbon Girl or especially Grima as characters

Damn it why are THESE the hills I'm gonna die on? :snakefire:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Ya know, EVERYONE dunked on Geeta for being an awful champion.

If Kieran does end up becoming a new champion, I guess we got what we wanted.

And it only took bullying a literal child into having a mental breakdown by crushing his hopes and dreams.

Good deal.

If you're here, I gotchu fam.

Edit: Doublepost, my b.
Hey, sorry for the late reply. I can't do it right now, but I should be back online this afternoon. Would that work?

D

Deleted member

I'll probably be the big loser when the next Smash comes out cuz apart from Isabelle...well my boi Corrin is a very likely cut, and ain't no way Sakurai is adding Viridi, Ribbon Girl or especially Grima as characters

Damn it why are THESE the hills I'm gonna die on? :snakefire:
Don’t let it get to you; you’re not alone. I’m hoping for Professor Layton one day, but given that the series has never had so much as a trophy / spirit or music track in Smash despite being exclusive to Nintendo hardware (plus mobiles), I’m not expecting that dream to ever come true.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Finished another Tee Shirt Design. Planning on maybe making one more before October to set up the current pieces. Still got about a week's worth of art to post on the usual sites. Glad to have about 4 weeks of new art finished up at least.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
My dog is currently at the vet getting a dental procedure. She fractured two of her teeth on Sunday and so they're gonna have to be extracted unfortunately to prevent infection.

So probably no more bones for her then. That and trying to pull the ball out of her mouth.

I'll be picking her up in the afternoon.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
My dog is currently at the vet getting a dental procedure. She fractured two of her teeth on Sunday and so they're gonna have to be extracted unfortunately to prevent infection.

So probably no more bones for her then. That and trying to pull the ball out of her mouth.

I'll be picking her up in the afternoon.
Sorry to hear that has happened to your dog.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Persona 3 Reload just got a new trailer:

• Strega! They seem to have a bit more focus in this game, hopefully they're more fleshed out here and have better boss fights.
  • From ATLUS Media Briefing, we know that those flashy attacks that Junpei and Mitsuru do are performed by filling a "Theurgia Gauge". They look badass!
  • Fuuka uses what appears to be Oracle - possibly less randomized and more useful here like it was in PQ.
  • Harabah looks a bit less like visual migraine now... I think?
  • I can't tell if it's Chidori or not but the animated cutscenes focus on what may be a new character which could be nothing but I'm curious about.
they Bayonettafied Changing of the Seasons and I’m fully down for that (that and Elizabeth not having a voice change)

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Troll 2 is officially in the works.

I'm still betting the troll we saw in the first film was the child the Christians used to lure the king to the mountains to trap and what we saw in the post-credits was the King awakening and he's bigger. Way, WAY bigger.
Troll 2? I thought that was literally the name of that movie with the goblins that was so bad. You know...

Oh my godddddddddddddd-odddddddddd!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Troll 2? I thought that was literally the name of that movie with the goblins that was so bad. You know...

Oh my godddddddddddddd-odddddddddd!
I knew that was gonna be brought up. Lol.

But no its a sequel to a giant monster movie on NetFlix from last year. It's basically Godzilla but set in Norway and with a troll.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Oh, now that is interesting. It already sounds better than the movie I mentioned.
If your a giant monster fan and especially a sucker for folklore and mythology, I'd check it out assuming you have NetFlix.

Plot exactly ain't the most original tho. It's a blend of Godzilla (1954), GODZILLA (1998), Godzilla (2014) and Kong: Skull Island. Hell if you look hard enough you can clearly tell the trolls design was modelled off of Legendary Kong, the beard is a dead giveaway.

osby

Smash Obsessed
they Bayonettafied Changing of the Seasons and I’m fully down for that (that and Elizabeth not having a voice change)
Honestly, Allegra Clark is so good at nailing down Tara Platt's performance with Mitsuru that I couldn't even tell.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Prediction for Troll 2 (No not the horrible 90s movie people are thinking of).

As a result of the King potentially awakening (Assuming that's who it was in the post-credits), other trolls that have been dormant in the mountains also awaken. Perhaps the King trying to take back the land of Norway from what the Christians took from them as he leads an army of trolls.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Super Smash Bros. Brawl has empty fighter files in its data for a "TOONSHIEK" and 15 years later no The Legend of Zelda of any media has had such a character, including non-canon stuff.

Sure, it could possibly be Tetra, but there is no way to confirm it.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Thought just came to me regarding my theory for Troll 2...

In Norwegian folklore, trolls especially around dovre would be as big as mountains. so if it is the king who woke up in the end, that's how big he could potentially be.

Oh ****...

osby

Smash Obsessed
Super Smash Bros. Brawl has empty fighter files in its data for a "TOONSHIEK" and 15 years later no The Legend of Zelda of any media has had such a character, including non-canon stuff.

Sure, it could possibly be Tetra, but there is no way to confirm it.
Maybe they were planning to introduce such a character, similar to how some characters have designs that are unique to Smash.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Blud gonna be nearly straight up K A I J U size...
More then that. You probably have no idea how massive mountains can be. They tend to dwarf the biggest kaijus in media, not even Earth Godzilla is that massive...

Yeah...That's big. Really, REALLY big.

Last edited:
Top Bottom