• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
More then that. You probably have no idea how massive mountains can be as on average they're over 1,000 feet. They tend to dwarf the biggest kaijus in media, not even Earth Godzilla is that massive...
...Oh... Oh no...

Clover from Cloverfield Paradox, who possibly reaches at 9144 meters or 30,000 feet...

The actual height of it is currently unknown, but at the end when it rises above the clouds which look like altocumulus clouds that have a minimum height of 6,500 feet, suggests that Adult Clover has a colossal height of 1,981 meters.

This also matches the lowest altitude at which the return capsule at the end could deploy a parachute or rocket-powered landing system, which it had yet to do when it reached the clouds.

However, it should be noted that the terrain it is standing on is not seen and depending on the elevation of the ground above sea level, and the specifics on the clouds themselves, the creature's true height could still be a small fraction of the above figure, possibly even a mere half-kilometer or less...

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
...Oh... Oh no...

Clover from Cloverfield Paradox, who possibly reaches at 9144 meters or 30,000 feet...

The actual height of it is currently unknown, but at the end when it rises above the clouds which look like altocumulus clouds that have a minimum height of 6,500 feet, suggests that Adult Clover has a colossal height of 1,981 meters.

This also matches the lowest altitude at which the return capsule at the end could deploy a parachute or rocket-powered landing system, which it had yet to do when it reached the clouds.

However, it should be noted that the terrain it is standing on is not seen and depending on the elevation of the ground above sea level, and the specifics on the clouds themselves, the creature's true height could still be a small fraction of the above figure, possibly even a mere half-kilometer or less...
On average overall though kaijus aren't that big.

But I still do get your point.

**** that's huge!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Comic Book and Anime games get pretty big budgets, all things considered. Stuff like Spider-Man 2, X-Men Legends, and MVC were considered reasonably high profile. That's nothing to say of modern Spider-Man and Batman Arkham, Injustice or DBFZ. And that's been a consistent thing for a while.

Cause if you don't think Arkham Knight isn't a AAA game then I don't know what to tell you.
Give Nick brawl the AAA smash ultimate budget it deserves and end the stigma!

Also who are CJ and Franklin?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Saw this making the rounds, and it got me thinking again. Even as a Black/Hispanic Man, I don't find it a HUGE deal. But it WOULD be cool if more Black and Hispanic characters were added to these big crossover games, of course Smash is more of a symptom of the lack of main protags in most long-running series as opposed to anything I think intentional. Most of the iconic Black characters I can think of are part of an ensemble cast, Eddy Gordo, Christie, Raven, Jax, Jade, Elena, Adam Hunter, Balrog, Sean, Dudley ect.

I do at least remember why some people got heated over Min-Min being chosen over Twintelle. But to be honest, it's not like the amount of Asian characters was high, let alone ones that were Non-Japanese. Or even darker skinned Asian characters I guess like Dhalsim. I've already talked a lot about how certain iconic third party series/games could use more than one character that's fully playable. This could be a way to deal with that in theory. But I'd also still think it'd apply to cool ass Robots like Mega Man X and Zero.

For mains, I can think of CJ, Franklin(sorta) Elma and I guess Shantae. Some ensemble casts like TF2 or Overwatch could add someone like Demoman I guess. LoL has a few popular Black characters too.

Otherwise we got the GOAT Ganondorf at least.
Yeah, I'm in agreeance with this. I'd love to see a black character in Smash, but given that Smash is reflective of the greater gaming industry, it ain't happening anytime soon. And that's on the gaming industrt being behind the times, and to this day it's still super far behind.

Like name 10 notable black video game characters that aren't from GTA.
Oh. Now I know why I never heard of them.
Games are pretty peak, get acquantied if you can.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, I'm in agreeance with this. I'd love to see a black character in Smash, but given that Smash is reflective of the greater gaming industry, it ain't happening anytime soon. And that's on the gaming industrt being behind the times, and to this day it's still super far behind.

Grand theft auto? The ultimate dudebro game? Nah fam. I’m out.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
visited dad’s grave today. I feel like I’ve been so preoccupied with my issues and feeling desperate at times that I’m forgetting what dad taught me. Just “talking” at his grave helped me feel better. I just gotta strive for peace. Sounds corny I know, but yeah.

I just gotta take care of my mental health more often.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
You didn't want those characters cut?

You should've played as them in the first place.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Honestly, Allegra Clark is so good at nailing down Tara Platt's performance with Mitsuru that I couldn't even tell.
Allegra was merely built different. Boss ass voice she got there
The new vocals on the songs in the P3 remake ehh... fall a little flat
Mass destruction doesn't hit the same way since they change "Baybehh" To just "Baby"
New singer didn’t get the “Bay Bay must be in song” memo

Also who are CJ and Franklin?
Nick ain’t doing that

the black Inklings and black Octolings…Mr. Game & Watch…Goombas…Anthony from Metroid Other M…

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Nick ain’t doing that
Well of course Nick isn't, because they don't fund the games. GameMill does. And they decided to blow the money they earned from NASB on crapping out more licensed shovelware and not marketing NASB2.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
(please dont hate on me)
So i watched black panther and captain Marvel!
And Yes they are good movies and their characters (especailly BP) are compelling!
BUT The Political messaging is really annoying!
Seriously if i get hate speech warning for this... Just be social okay!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
as a denizen of the Old Internet (pre-social media, back when even the likes of Geocities were a thing) i am always pleasantly surprised when sites from that time are still around

I was considering streaming a game from the mid 2000s called Uplink (if you've played Hacknet, it's like that with a more primitive interface) and i do like modding PC games. apparently an Uplink mod site that was last updated in 2005 is still around today, how about that!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well of course Nick isn't, because they don't fund the games. GameMill does. And they decided to blow the money they earned from NASB on crapping out more licensed shovelware and not marketing NASB2.
well...there's also the whole Nickelodeon deadline thing that they have set

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
(please dont hate on me)
So i watched black panther and captain Marvel!
And Yes they are good movies and their characters (especailly BP) are compelling!
BUT The Political messaging is really annoying!
Seriously if i get hate speech warning for this... Just be social okay!
Let's please keep political talk out of this thread. If you think political messaging in movies is problematic and wish to discuss that specifically, please direct your thoughts to the Serious Discussion board.

Continued discussion of this topic in this thread will be met with warnings.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
the Bayonettafication some of these songs are getting, mixed in with the Persona 5 gameplay mechanics being added into this remake, is something I am absolutely loving the **** out of

also Strega backstories might make me like Takaya and Jin the same way P5R made me like Akechi as a character

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Bug Miku & Kricketune

The character sheet has Kricketune leading a choir of Kricketots and Miku.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
IMG_0071.jpeg

Jin about to be one of the best characters in Reload

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Picking my dog up in an hour. Apparently had to get three of her teeth removed. She's probably gonna be sore for a few days.

She'll have to take it easy until Monday probably. I'd say Sunday but I consider that my lazy day.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Let's please keep political talk out of this thread. If you think political messaging in movies is problematic and wish to discuss that specifically, please direct your thoughts to the Serious Discussion board.

Continued discussion of this topic in this thread will be met with warnings.
Okay thats good to know! Thanks!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I just finished the Episode P4 section of P4AU. 2 long ass Persona stories within a single game down…and now 2 more left to go (Episode P3 and Episode Adachi). So far it all seems like it’s been a nice way to transition all the P4 characters into adulthood (and in the case of Rise, to see how far she evolved to the point to where she’s still relevant even during P5), while giving us a glimpse of what the P3 character has been up to over the years.

Shroob

Sup?
1695240431116.png

So, "THEORETICALLY" speaking, if I had the option to get Shining Pearl for like, 15 bucks, would it be worth it alone just for access to a spare Cresselia/Heatran and Darkrai in PLA?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
IMG_0079.jpeg

I consider this an official dub for 616 Peter Parker

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed