• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

osby

Smash Obsessed
I just really hope peach showtime isn’t a glorified minigame collection. I really like peach. She deserves more than that.
There were straight-up action parts, so I doubt it. It looks more like some parts will be mini-game-y but there'll be more interactive gameplay for the most part.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It looks like one. The gameplay changing completely between each production and those productions and costumes looking fairly segmented off from each other… just a bunch of minigames
Even if it did look like one, know that looks can be deceiving. The same can be said about Princess Peach: Showtime looking like a minigame collection, even though it is not.

Noipoi

Howdy!
It looks like one. The gameplay changing completely between each production and those productions and costumes looking fairly segmented off from each other… just a bunch of minigames
No, it looks like each level has its own gimmick and there are moments where you play mini games.

It’s a full game, if it was a mini game collection they’d advertise it as such. Stop catastrophizing.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Never forget.

Super Paper Mario has Mario fight literally Satan.

Like, it's just straight up Lucifer.
Paper Mario's absurdly strong in his series.
  • Destroyed Bowser who has the power of invincibility
  • Dismantled the Shadow Queen
  • Destroyed Satan (though it was more Luigi ifkyk)
  • Idk what Super Dimento was supposed to be but yeah destroyed him too
  • Defeated another invincible Bowser
  • Defeated the gods of Fire, Water, Earth, and Ice

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Direct Predictions:
Mario will be there
Gamecube game remaster that's reasonably priced
Surprise remake that is unreasonably priced
Pokemon
Montage #1
Shovelware that gets a 5 minute spot for no reason
A decent looking Squenix game that they won't promite and will flop om release (which is in 3 months)
Square Enix/High End RPG port that has has Kingdom Hearts fans coping, seething, and malding
Montage #2
Surprise announcement at the end
Well lets see here...
  • There was Mario
  • TTYD is a Gamecube remaster. If the price is worth it? Uh...
  • Mario vs DK is a surprise remake that's $50. I think it fits
  • Pokemon was there
  • There was a montage.
  • The Trombone game is GOTY.
  • Yeah y'all know SAGA ain't getting advertised
  • Miss
  • There was another montage
  • Yeah.
I'm good at this

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
If they keep announcing remakes you like I am gonna pray that whatever RPG gods that have blessed you will do Persona 2 Innocent Sin solely because they have a Jetman parody
Featherman is in every Persona game after 2, you can dress the party members in 3, 4 and 5 in ranger suits (Which should have been an alt for Joker in smash)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Sometimes I'll be asleep in my bed at 9:30 at night and sometimes but not always, I'll hear Birdo from SMB2 saying, "this is as far as you go."

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So is Metroid Prime 4 a scam or something? it’s been 6 years since the announcement
I would not think so, because I don think it was intended to be a scam. They just came across a lot of things that caused delays, and they may have moved it to the next scam. Even if it was a scam, it probably was not intentional.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Fun fact: There is a special ability in Pokémon generation 2 before generation 3 came along.

Giving Shuckle a Berry to hold will over time become a Berry Juice. This was removed after gen 2 though.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
If anything last thing we heard of it’s being made from scratch again but that was 4 year ago announcement they shouldn’t keep their mouth for 4 years and not say anything regarding any progress on that especially when it is an announced game

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Multiple insiders backed up that Prime 4 is in plenty of a state to be shown.

It’s the Switch 2 launch title at this point. Backward compatibility with switch.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
To further thia, the last non tour characters are:
Paratroopa
ROB
Honey Queen

Will they be added back eventually? Idk maybe
Paratroopa is going to come back one day. Not because he deserves it, but because he would be easy as **** to bring back. Slap wings on the Koopa model, make the shell red, and you're basically set. The others are a lot dicier, but I wouldn't be shocked if they eventually come back.

Also you forgot DK Jr. For shame.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Doesn't run that much better digitally. :101:
Its a damn ****ing shame pokemon games used ti be good then they went 3D and started sucking
( excluding the Pokemon Colosseum games because those are perfect and no one can tell me otherwise)
Paper Mario's absurdly strong in his series.

Destroyed Bowser who has the power of invincibility
Dismantled the Shadow Queen
Destroyed Satan (though it was more Luigi ifkyk)
Idk what Super Dimento was supposed to be but yeah destroyed him too
Defeated another invincible Bowser
Defeated the gods of Fire, Water, Earth, and Ice
SPM is beyond based because it was the first tine i have seen a villian commit murder and mass murder. albit they didnt show it but, Dementio BLEW them up and they went to ****ing HELL. Dementio as a character and his battle themes kick ass
Also SPM final boss being a Dementio + LUIGI final boss fight kicked ass

Im the most sane SPM fan

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I had never really tried to complete Pokedexes in any pokemon game (outside of Legends Arceus) because it just seemed kinda tedious.

But trying to catch 150 pokemon in Kitakami is weirdly addicting and I get why people do it

View attachment 377752
And I started thinking to myself
"Man.. what did she do to make them ****** that mad?"
The union busting 😔

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
No, it looks like each level has its own gimmick and there are moments where you play mini games.

It’s a full game, if it was a mini game collection they’d advertise it as such. Stop catastrophizing.
But then what’s the core gameplay? What’s the core experience? If it’s a thing with added mini games then what is that thing. Because to me it looks like that thing changes in each level. With no core experience what else would you call it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
But then what’s the core gameplay? What’s the core experience? If it’s a thing with added mini games then what is that thing. Because to me it looks like that thing changes in each level. With no core experience what else would you call it.
We don’t really know what the core gameplay loop is right now, but to me it looks like you go through every level with a basic moveset before encountering puzzles and stronger enemies that can only be defeated with that level’s costume. And there are some mini games involved.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
We don’t really know what the core gameplay loop is right now, but to me it looks like you go through every level with a basic moveset before encountering puzzles and stronger enemies that can only be defeated with that level’s costume. And there are some mini games involved.
Alright. I’ll stop doomerizing. I can see that I’m making a few leaps of logic to come to my conclusion.

Though I also think we’re defining minigame differently. Cause like.. to me unless you’re actively moving between multiple costumes in each stage and there’s a few that double up between levels, like frequent enemy encounters for the sword and king fu suits as an example, then each level dedicated to its own costumes gimmick might as well just be a minigame.

But who knows. Maybe it will be more fleshed out than that.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Looks like Helga is cut from All Star Brawl 2:
IMG_8329.jpeg

She’s a stage element and can be seen on the top right.

Shroob

Sup?
I still don’t understand the mentality of them even doing cuts in the first place. Especially the specific characters they decided to cut in the first place. Really kneecaps my hype for the game.
The worst thing?

Apparently EVERY character not from the original leak is cut.

That's right. ELEVEN CUTS in just the 2nd game. What the hell NASB2. Or is it 9, I dunno if all 4 Ninja Turtles are confirmed.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I still don’t understand the mentality of them even doing cuts in the first place. Especially the specific characters they decided to cut in the first place. Really kneecaps my hype for the game.
They didn't have the resources to remake everyone. Bigger budget=/=unlimited.

It is disappointing nonetheless, I wish NASB was bigger than 10 players on Steam (Rivals and Fraymakers aren't as bad as that, despite being "proof" I'm not allowed to have a non-Smash platfighter be slightly more popular), but I think I'm gonna contribute to my own issue until we see DLC.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Apparently everyone not in the OG leak

So like, Helga, Catdog, Sandy, Lincoln Loud, Oblina, 2 of the 4 Ninja Turtles, Hugh, etc
I find it really hard to believe Lincoln was cut. The Loud House is one of their biggest shows, why get rid of its main character?

But y’know, stranger things have happened…

Shroob

Sup?
So, thoughts on the Teal Mask

It's aight. The story is ridiculously short, but it wasn't a bad one. Ogerpon is cute and my precious child.

But wow there's not a lot to do huh. Once you find all the evolution items and the new TMs, you have.... Ogre Bustin', and uhhhh.... well there's the Ogre Clan battles? That's really all though.

The sidequest with Perrin was, is that even a sidequest? You do one mission and it's over. With them building her up, I kinda thought that you'd go on multiple camera missions, but it was literally one and done. You catch Ursaluna, get your H.Growlithe and then.... peace out I guess.

Am I crazy in saying that Isle of Armor felt like it had more 'stuff'?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Apparently everyone not in the OG leak

So like, Helga, Catdog, Sandy, Lincoln Loud, Oblina, 2 of the 4 Ninja Turtles, Hugh, etc
Ok, so I get they had to cut characters but some of these cuts are um...

Especially Sandy, that's like if Smash just cut Peach from the roster.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
They didn't have the resources to remake everyone. Bigger budget=/=unlimited.

It is disappointing nonetheless, I wish NASB was bigger than 10 players on Steam (Rivals and Fraymakers aren't as bad as that, despite being "proof" I'm not allowed to have a non-Smash platfighter be slightly more popular), but I think I'm gonna contribute to my own issue until we see DLC.
I just want a single definitive Nick fighting game. I was hoping with this one I would have no reason to go back to the first one but it’s gonna have characters in it this one doesn’t. And really important ones too. Like… I get that they didn’t have unlimited budget but… I just don’t get some of the decisions they’ve made and I’m really not thrilled on having to wait for a third game potentially to have the definitive experience the first one should have been because who knows if this game will even have more than its four advertised dlc fighters.

Plus the longer we wait the longer we have to worry about more corporate meddling.

Top Bottom