• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
No but really, Kitakami is permanently daytime. How do I get night to spawn to catch the nighttime only mons?
I don’t have the dlc but could it be story locked? Maybe your time is tied to current events?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
As someone who still owns a GCN copy of Thousand Year Door from 2006 (It's the Player's Choice edition) ... yeah, I'm getting the Switch version despite owning a physical copy.

I did the same thing when Microsoft made the Timesplitters games Backwards Compatible.

Also I was hoping for Diddy Kong and Pauline and was disappointed Funky Kong was back... but then they showed Pauline and Funky Kong is now cool (He surfs when doing a trick! How is that not cool?)

No NSO update though (where's Mario Party 3?)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Still crazy how we have a new Mario and Spider-Man game releasing on the same day, a 2D Sonic game during the same week, and a great looking Nickelodeon game around the same time period

All this while having new Zelda, Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Persona galore, Mario RPG, Star Wars, Harry Potter, Metroid, Fire Emblem, Bayonetta, Kirby, WWE, Dead Sonic, Final Fantasy, and Telltale games…and the Xbox exclusive Starfield

All while ignoring the Activision buyout and big media releases like the Mario movie and Nier anime (and Ash finishing his story), 2023 has pretty much been a perfect year for gaming.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Nintendo: buy our overpriced remakes that add absolutely nothing new aside from enhanced graphics
Me: stfu I'm not buying your scams
Nintendo: Take our TTYD remake that adds nothing new for $60
Me:
To be fair, there’s some fun touch ups here and there. Like Mario’s house referencing the first game now, the party members all seem to be present in more cut scenes, they all emote more, on top of the beautiful graphics overhaul. They put a lot of love into this.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Hell yeah I just caught a Shiny Mienfoo. I do not think I have caught a wild shiny, with standard odds, outside of Pokemon Go and Legends Arceus.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
No but really, Kitakami is permanently daytime. How do I get night to spawn to catch the nighttime only mons?
I don’t have the dlc but could it be story locked? Maybe your time is tied to current events?
yeah it’s tied to the story. So far it’s only been night time once for me.

also, Ogerpon…at first it seemed kinda cool though I didn’t care much, but…it’s probably my new favorite legendary now after seeing it with its mask off, or at least it’s high on the list (assuming it actually is a legendary, I dunno).

lil’ bush or berry-tree lookin’ dude, has an orange for a head, stars in its eyes…very cute creature.

also geez Kieran is tough, I gotta go beat up a bunch of wild Pokémon I guess. “I’m too weak…” bruh you’re literally kicking my butt, every time I fought you before I struggled to survive and now you send me runnin’ to Nurse Joy, WHAT DO YOU MEAN you’re “too weak”?!

Shroob

Sup?
Is Poltchageist a night only spawn? I've looked everywhere and it's just nowhere.

....this is going to make finding 2 special ones miserable.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I like how in Pokemon the kinds of Pokemon you use are a genetic trait that gets passed down from generation to generation.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know, now that I think about it, Rhythm Heaven has always been a consistent franchise from them over the past couple years. GBA, DS, Wii, 3DS. Had more love on handhelds sure, but it’s not like it was completely unloved. Wonder why it hasn’t showed on switch.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Weren't all of the partners from the first Paper Mario game supposed to get returning cameo appearances in the Thousand Year Door?

I'm really hoping they add back all of the cut cameo appearances this time around. In the final version of the original game only Lady Bow and Parakarry made the cut, the former accompanied by Bootler.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Is Poltchageist a night only spawn? I've looked everywhere and it's just nowhere.

....this is going to make finding 2 special ones miserable.
I feel like I’ve seen normal ones at daytime somewhere, but I’m not for certain where they were or if it was actually day. However, I do remember finding a glowing terastal one on the east side of the map during the day, in the grassy plains area (between the mountain and the map’s border, I believe, not just east of town).

Shroob

Sup?
Well, aside from the Legendaries and Freddy Fazbear, that's the Kitakami Dex done.

Well, 'done'.

I still need 2 of the special Poltchageists.

God help me.

Edit HOLY **** FOUND ONE

EDIT EDIT IT KNOWS MEMENTO WHY

Aaaaaaaaaaaand it killed itself

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Weren't all of the partners from the first Paper Mario game supposed to get returning cameo appearances in the Thousand Year Door?

I'm really hoping they add back all of the cut cameo appearances this time around. In the final version of the original game only Lady Bow and Parakarry made the cut, the former accompanied by Bootler.
Imagine if they took this idea further and there was a Geno or mallow cameo.

It be funny to see the games acknowledge each other as they will be out within a short time frame of each other. Plus paper Mario did start as a mario rpg sequel.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Me in the Summer Direct: boy they better announce a new DK game or else... wait, SMRPG remake? Just this once I'll excuse you

Me yesterday: boy they better announce a new DK game or else... wait, I recognize that book
If they keep announcing remakes you like I am gonna pray that whatever RPG gods that have blessed you will do Persona 2 Innocent Sin solely because they have a Jetman parody

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Imagine if they took this idea further and there was a Geno or mallow cameo.

It be funny to see the games acknowledge each other as they will be out within a short time frame of each other. Plus paper Mario did start as a mario rpg sequel.
The same sorts of cameos were cut from Super Paper Mario, only this time all the partners from TTYD were going to appear as well and NONE of them made the final cut.

Again, if Super Paper Mario ever gets remade as well, I really hope the partners would get the chance to be added back. I would've loved to talk to Vivian, Admiral Bobbery and Goombella among others in SPM. Heck, just imagining all of the partners from the first two games' reactions to the third game's storyline and events is an interesting idea all on it's own.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Never forget.

Super Paper Mario has Mario fight literally Satan.

Like, it's just straight up Lucifer.
And rather scarily fittingly, he's one of the most difficult bosses in the game, and arguably one of the few seriously challenging enemies in the game, period.

Also
fittingly, however, is the fact that the ghost-hunting Luigi is his kryptonite.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
And rather scarily fittingly, he's one of the most difficult bosses in the game, and arguably one of the few seriously challenging enemies in the game, period.

Also
fittingly, however, is the fact that the ghost-hunting Luigi is his kryptonite.
Nintendo making an entire chapter based around Dante's Inferno/Paradiso and Paradise Lost only to go over the majority of player's heads

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Nintendo making an entire chapter based around Dante's Inferno/Paradiso and Paradise Lost only to go over the majority of player's heads
Their version of the River Styx is also appropriately horrifying.

And almost all of it still pales in comparison to the destroyed Sammer's Kingdom. Not to mention the level's OST while it's (thankfully only temporarily) erased...

Shroob

Sup?
Their version of the River Styx is also appropriately horrifying.

And almost all of it still pales in comparison to the destroyed Sammer's Kingdom. Not to mention the level's OST while it's (thankfully only temporarily) erased...
Honestly, I've consumed soo much post-apocalyptic media that Sammer Kingdom didn't bother me.

Deep, dark water with things that want to get you though?

1694768885411.png

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
You know what Im wowed by from.what Ice seen from others? The god damn framerate jitters and im not wowed in a good way
Oh yeah it lags like hell when you have your Pokemon out of its ball in the first area. And its frames just suck period.

I caught Ogrepon and then I turned it off because if this is what I paid for, this might be my last Pokemon game on cart. Violet is a wonderful title, and I agree with most that it may be one of the best titles in the franchise. But that's not enough to excuse the fact that this game runs like how old people ****. You can only excuse this so many times before you realize that you're paying for this.

Shroob

Sup?
Oh yeah it lags like hell when you have your Pokemon out of its ball in the first area. And its frames just suck period.

I caught Ogrepon and then I turned it off because if this is what I paid for, this might be my last Pokemon game on cart. Violet is a wonderful title, and I agree with most that it may be one of the best titles in the franchise. But that's not enough to excuse the fact that this game runs like how old people ****. You can only excuse this so many times before you realize that you're paying for this.
Doesn't run that much better digitally. :101:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know, once Tarzan goes public domain there’s no way Disney A: won’t start Re-merchandising the hell out of that film, and b: we’re totally gonna get a remake of kingdom hearts 1 at that point.

Top Bottom