• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Do you mean horror horror or something with spooky vibes? It'd help to know what movies you all enjoyed prior
Late reply on my part, but horror horror, though suspense or more lighthearted films with spooky elements work too.

We've watched and enjoyed all kinds of horror movies. Aside from older classiscs like Halloween and the Shining, we've watched monster movies, slasher movies, supernatural horror movies, mystery, thriller and suspense horror movies, the occasional psychological horror movie, and found footage horror movies (made by both big budget and indie production teams alike), and movies with blends of several of those genres.

I can list a few examples (besides the ones I mention having watched below) but there might be too many individual films we've seen to make much of a difference lol

Malignant
Renfield (If you want a really good laugh)
Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark
The Black Phone
Tim Burton's Sleepy Hollow
Already watched Malignant, Scary Stories to Tell in The Dark and the Black Phone. We loved all three of them.

My parents have seen Sleepy Hollow, but I've never seen the full film admittedly.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I am straight up not having a good time with this splatfest

I hope they add some way to get the Big Man badge because 3 x10 battles is not happening

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well today was certainly a day

Woke up in the morning hyped for a Donkey Kong announcement, now I'm going to bed dreading the Donkey Kong announcement.

Welp, that's just the way it is :202:
you DK fans will still be eating better than us Kid Icarus fans

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Late reply on my part, but horror horror, though suspense or more lighthearted films with spooky elements work too.

We've watched and enjoyed all kinds of horror movies. Aside from older classiscs like Halloween and the Shining, we've watched monster movies, slasher movies, supernatural horror movies, mystery, thriller and suspense horror movies, the occasional psychological horror movie, and found footage horror movies (made by both big budget and indie production teams alike), and movies with blends of several of those genres.

I can list a few examples (besides the ones I mention having watched below) but there might be too many individual films we've seen to make much of a difference lol

Already watched Malignant, Scary Stories to Tell in The Dark and the Black Phone. We loved all three of them.

My parents have seen Sleepy Hollow, but I've never seen the full film admittedly.
It's safe to say you've seen John Carpenter's The Thing then but I would like to recommend Clue, it's a comedy but also a murder mystery movie based on the board game starring Tim Curry, the first Knives Out movie arguably also works as that one is real tense whereas Glass Onion is much more comedic

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I was playing so well, but then I lost a random 100x battle against Team Shiver and I got so tilted.

Ouch.

Oh well. No matter what, Big Man will still win in my heart.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'm reading Jujutsu Kaisen and I feel like it may have lost me at some point cause the characters are commentating on a fight (one of my least favorite tropes and it's taking up an entire chapter) and I have no idea what they're talking about at all

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Ugh... brushing off aside what I said the other day... (Following is a few spoilers for direct)

Since I saw Pyoro liking the tweet about Another Code / Trace Memory while people were guessing the remakes of a connected DS/Wii game, I checked gameplay video of that game out. Although it's rather simple, I find the story to be somewhat interesting especially due to the theme involved within the game (memories). Therefore, I am curious to know what kind of game or plot it might become with a remake (assuming it means doing everything from scratch, not just enhance graphics). But I feel the plot was already perfect as is for an underrated game like that.

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
On a separate topic, would anyone be interested in seeing more official media related to Smash series? Like short animations or the likes. I know Nintendo has been feeling more confident about stepping into the movie industry and I'm fairly certain there were talks of a Zelda movie.

I really don't think a Smash movie would work too well, it'd be a nightmare to produce, coupled with the licensing issues. However, I guess it might raise a few eyebrows if there was maybe a short animation thing (1 minute, think like Palutena reveal), or a 4-koma (basically 4 panels manga format) thing.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I gotta say from the leaks so far, direct sounds kinda average.

Which has me wondering why not include wonder at all?

Shroob

Sup?
On a separate topic, would anyone be interested in seeing more official media related to Smash series? Like short animations or the likes. I know Nintendo has been feeling more confident about stepping into the movie industry and I'm fairly certain there were talks of a Zelda movie.

I really don't think a Smash movie would work too well, it'd be difficult to produce and there's licensing issues to couple with that. But if it was shorts / 1 minute animation stuff (think like Palutena's reveal teaser) it might be interesting.
Basically impossible, Sakurai's already said as much lol.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Basically impossible, Sakurai's already said as much lol.
Damn, did he already say something about it a while ago? Likely missed it. RIP then I guess, there's a bit of a demand but I had a feeling it's not feasible.

I gotta say from the leaks so far, direct sounds kinda average.

Which has me wondering why not include wonder at all?
Didn't we have a Direct about SMB Wonder?

Jondolio

Smash Hero
As someone who largely got into Nintendo during the Wii U/3DS era my impression of the Mario vs DK games was that they were a cheap cash grab that Nintendo could throw on the eShop, and it's been almost a whole decade since the last mainline DKC game came out so yeah not very excited

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Meanwhile Prime 4

Does not exist and AFAIK we've heard nothing about it since the delay announcement.
It almost feels like a myth. Or a mandela effect. Why was it announced and then never really had an update... I wonder if it's in development hell like that Kirby Air Ride game, I remember Sakurai saying something about that game being in dev hell until he took over.

Top Bottom