• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Does anyone have some good horror movie recommendations for this October?

My family and I usually watch a bunch of new horror films leading up to Halloween, and either some more new horror movies or some classic ones on Halloween night itself.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
This is ****ing wild and only going to end badly:
What the ****, I thought Roblox has never really been about dating since its beginning

Anyways, I'm hearing there's a bit of leak from famiboards about something that is going to happen with Smash soon. It might just be the Sora amiibo though...

Shroob

Sup?
What the ****, I thought Roblox has never really been about dating since its beginning

Anyways, I'm hearing there's a bit of leak from famiboards about something that is going to happen with Smash soon. It might just be the Sora amiibo though...
Probably just the Sora amiibo, yeah.

They've already done the whole "FINAL UPDATE" thing, and we haven't gotten a new Spirit event in... idk 2-3 years now?

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
I don't know how to put it, but the way that the speculation about Smash is thrown around makes it sound like something "big" is coming out. I realize it doesn't necessarily have to be that big, it might just end up being only about the Sora amiibo in the end, but the way people are talking about this rumor so heavily makes it sound like there's supposed to be a big event coming up.

(Please let there be a live service Smash game)

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

My family and I usually watch a bunch of new horror films leading up to Halloween, and either some more new horror movies or some classic ones on Halloween night itself.
Do you mean horror horror or something with spooky vibes? It'd help to know what movies you all enjoyed prior

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
That sounds like a horrible idea
If done right it can be an interesting spin. But it's hard to know what will they do after Ultimate. This might be a thing, or they might try to do a kind of 'reboot' which I'm not too sure people will like, it was apparently a speculative thing a long time ago. And if it does shut down, then at least I'll cherish the memories. I'm still playing Pokemon Masters as well so for what it's worth I do expect it happening in future.
Of course, it's possible the next game will happen without a reboot even if it means some fighters may get cut. But it's hard to know what's next after Ultimate, knowing that it was the culmination of the Smash Bros series as a whole.
IDK I'm throwing some marbles here and it's still a little early for a successor. Like story ideas, maybe a few original characters would renew the interest in story / adventure mode for the next game. Let's wait and see.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Malignant
Renfield (If you want a really good laugh)
Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark
The Black Phone
Tim Burton's Sleepy Hollow

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Somehow, I managed to stumple upon Mineru and the 5th sage by comppete accident before doing Sidon's quest. Game didn't stop me either so...

Oops.
your copy of the game specifically trying to keep you away from the almighty Sidon

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

They've already done the whole "FINAL UPDATE" thing, and we haven't gotten a new Spirit event in... idk 2-3 years now?
Ironically the final update wouldn’t be the final one if we get Sora.
Because the game would need to update to add data for his amiibo.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Now saying that these two games are related
Huh that’s interesting. I can’t think of too many things that could fit that bill.

Also Pyroro is hinting that the new F-Zero content is actually the new 99 game by liking posts that mention it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Huh that’s interesting. I can’t think of too many things that could fit that bill.

Also Pyroro is hinting that the new F-Zero content is actually the new 99 game by liking posts that mention it.
And the DK game is actually just a Mario vs Donkey Kong

Suffice to say I am no longer excited

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

On the plus side, F-Zero 99 could fit with how Shiggy apparently only cares about F-Zero as a series of tech demos

Assuming it is indeed 99 players on the same track.

Reactions: Z25

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

F-Zero being the battle royale game actually makes lot of sense. X and GX had 30 racers per race but we were always stuck with up to 4-player mode. Crashing in F-Zero games causes the racer to retire only makes the idea better.

I'm all for this if true

Last edited:
Reactions: Z25

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Fun fact the last Mario vs DK game we got is bordeline unplayable. It heavily relied on Miiverse intergration for like half of the game. Miiverse has been dead for years so the game has a bunch of content permanently locked off
Wasn't there one for 3dS too?
I feel like the issue of the Mario vs DK series is that they either don't evolve at all.
Or change everything around so much it's unrecongnizable.

Also being focused on the Mini-Mario made it more annoying instead of a "cute gimmick" nowadays.

It's funny because they need to update the game to get his Amiibo data in. Which is my LITERAL safeguard hoping we get ONE MORE FINAL PATCH to kill the hell of the abomination that is Steve.
My reasoning being that they could have future proofed Sora's amiibo when THEY DID future proof Min-min to Kazuya in his update...but just...didn't?
Even if they never planned to release his Amiibo / didn't know if they could, they could have future proofed the data and didn't.

That' my only hope that they get a Bandai Namco intern to go crazy on value patch and release a wonky balance patch just to shake up the game with his amiibo release.

Shroob

Sup?
Just realized since my living dex is also a form dex...

Oh god I'm going to have to sift through all the new Pokemon and figure out which ones have gender differences

Noipoi

Howdy!
I've been lost in the void. What leaks happened?
A leaker with a good track record, Pyoro, started talking about the unconfirmed but totally upcoming direct. He leaked Mario Wonder and Mario RPG last time.

He said that something F-Zero related and something DK related were coming, so of course people got excited. But now it seems the games are F-Zero 99 and a new entry for the Mario vs Donkey Kong series.

So, Y’know. Not as exciting.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
A leaker with a good track record, Pyoro, started talking about the unconfirmed but totally upcoming direct. He leaked Mario Wonder and Mario RPG last time.

He said that something F-Zero related and something DK related were coming, so of course people got excited. But now it seems the games are F-Zero 99 and a new entry for the Mario vs Donkey Kong series.
Wow

That

Is the ULTIMATE monkey's paw

Holy **** lmao

Top Bottom