• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Poppy Playtime and Garden of Banban are both weird games.

Poppy Playtime seems like a legitimately good horror game on it's own, but the developers, or least the company they work for, had that NFT issue a while back, and reportedly treat their employees like dirt, in addition to the company being involved with freaking Fazbear and Friends.

Banban meanwhile has all the makings of potentially good game, but never quite hits the mark. And I still can't tell if the developers are making most of it bad on purpose, if it's all some weird and elaborate joke series, or if they're taking the games dead seriously.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Got more artwork back, this time for an adoptable OC who's design I really liked. The artist was really polite and gave me a bonus icon commission of my choice. I definitely wish I started commissioning sooner. Artists are some of the coolest people around.

So Pyoro is hinting at two big fracnhisss getting love in the direct.

The first may surprise some but I always thought it was inevitable.

And the second… well a lot of people will be happy:
Maybe it's because of the SMBW Direct we just got/Pokemon DLC coming out in a few days, or maybe just being a fan of those series and being in denial for so long, but it feels kind of early for a Direct IMO. I would love to be wrong, but a lot of this just feels too good to be true.

This is ****ing wild and only going to end badly:
"oof"

Shroob

Sup?
Banban meanwhile has all the makings of potentially good game, but never quite hits the mark. And I still can't tell if the developers are making most of it bad on purpose, if it's all some weird and elaborate joke series, or if they're taking the games dead seriously.

Idk, Kangaroo pouch lazor is hard to write off as anything BUT "please laugh".

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’m more interested in the animatronic characters of FNaF and the fake world they’re designed to inhabit more than the horror angle of the series itself. I wanna see more of that.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
And of course, who can forget the best character of them all.

The Mimic.
God the mimic is stupid. Mostly just because it’s mediocre payoff to barely any buildup.

Thankfully it’s not one of the characters I care about because it’s not a Fazbear Brand character.

The unused costumes it tears up interest me though.

Shroob

Sup?
God the mimic is stupid. Mostly just because it’s mediocre payoff to barely any buildup.

Thankfully it’s not one of the characters I care about because it’s not a Fazbear Brand character.

The unused costumes it tears up interest me though.
Silly Snake. You didn't pay 9 bucks a book to keep up with an epilogue from a series of books that up to this point had zero direct connections to the main game?

Also buy our books btw.

not a paid spokesperson btw.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Silly Snake. You didn't pay 9 bucks a book to keep up with an epilogue from a series of books that up to this point had zero direct connections to the main game?

Also buy our books btw.

not a paid spokesperson btw.
If you wanted The Mimic to be a payoff to his book version you should have at least given him that cool tiger rock design in games.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Got more artwork back, this time for an adoptable OC who's design I really liked. The artist was really polite and gave me a bonus icon commission of my choice. I definitely wish I started commissioning sooner. Artists are some of the coolest people around.

Maybe it's because of the SMBW Direct we just got/Pokemon DLC coming out in a few days, or maybe just being a fan of those series and being in denial for so long, but it feels kind of early for a Direct IMO. I would love to be wrong, but a lot of this just feels too good to be true.

"oof"
Nintendo does like to go back to back with announcements though like how Pokémon news is usually followed or predated by a direct.

plus wi the Tokyo game show around the corner, they usually aim to do a direct before it.

Shroob

Sup?
If you wanted The Mimic to be a payoff to his book version you should have at least given him that cool tiger rock design in games.
And the worstBest part of all this?

It's never going to be explained. What's the deal with Glamrock Bonnie and the wet floor bots? What's up with the Blob? Is Burntrap canon?

Who cares, onwards to Carnival.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
And the worstBest part of all this?

It's never going to be explained. What's the deal with Glamrock Bonnie and the wet floor bots? What's up with the Blob? Is Burntrap canon?

Who cares, onwards to Carnival.
The Glamrock Bonnie wet floor bots thing just feels like environmental storytelling imho.

But the rest of the stuff in security breach with its story? Yeah it’s all garbage. The series honestly needs a new creative lead who’s not afraid to actually reveal details in plain English and doesn’t change details because fans guess them early.

Shroob

Sup?
The Glamrock Bonnie wet floor bots thing just feels like environmental storytelling imho.

But the rest of the stuff in security breach with its story? Yeah it’s all garbage. The series honestly needs a new creative lead who’s not afraid to actually reveal details in plain English and doesn’t change details because fans guess them early.
FNaF? Revealing its lore in a way that doesn't require you to take several logical leaps and buy supplemental material?

Perish the thought.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
FNaF? Revealing its lore in a way that doesn't require you to take several logical leaps and buy supplemental material?

Perish the thought.
Every great mystery in history has revealed its answers by the end. Nobody hates Sherlock Holmes because we know who did it by the end. This mindset is doing nothing but hurting FNaF.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I hear what you're all saying about the best FNaF animatronics, and how Security Breach supposedly wasn't the peak of the series, but, hear me out:

"FREE MAP!"
It has some good moment that’s for sure. But the series needs a different direction.

I just want my in-universe Fazbear Kart, Mega Man parody game, and follow up to FNaF World.

Shroob

Sup?
Every great mystery in history has revealed its answers by the end. Nobody hates Sherlock Holmes because we know who did it by the end. This mindset is doing nothing but hurting FNaF.
I'm surprised you of all people want a conclusion to a story, Snake lol.

FNaF's backed itself into a corner. It just can't let go of the Aftons. It's like a horror movie franchise. No matter how many times Freddy(Not the bear) or Jason die, they........always come back..........oh god.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

FNaF's backed itself into a corner. It just can't let go of the Aftons. It's like a horror movie franchise. No matter how many times Freddy(Not the bear) or Jason die, they........always come back..........oh god.
FNaF was at its most fun when it felt like there was an answer. A mystery to be solved. The current direction has gutted that. You can end the story of Afton, while simultaneously telling us what the **** it actually was, while still having games about the Freddy’s brand because Fazbear Entertainment is a Disney sized all powerful corporation with Greek myth levels of negligence and incompetence.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Well, Michael (not the Afton) supposedly won't return at least.

Then again, he probably will someday because Halloween Ends was awful.

That one Zelda game on the N64
You mean the one with this guy, right?

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
FNaF was at its most fun when it felt like there was an answer. A mystery to be solved. The current direction has gutted that. You can end the story of Afton, while simultaneously telling us what the **** it actually was, while still having games about the Freddy’s brand because Fazbear Entertainment is a Disney sized all powerful corporation with Greek myth levels of negligence and incompetence.
Well

Too bad

Now all the clues in Ruin make it seem like Elizabeth Afton has come back from the grave to enact her father's vengence.

Man, Henry's speech at the end of 6 sure hits less when no one ****ing stayed dead.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well

Too bad

Now all the clues in Ruin make it seem like Elizabeth Afton has come back from the grave to enact her father's vengence.

Man, Henry's speech at the end of 6 sure hits less when no one ****ing stayed dead.
If Elizabeth coming back means we’ll see Baby again I’ll swallow that pill. Really miss that character.

Shroob

Sup?
If Elizabeth coming back means we’ll see Baby again I’ll swallow that pill. Really miss that character.
Well, that was a given since Help Wanted 2 is next.

Sadly, I do think Matpat's right on the money about both Elizabeth and Charlie being back from the dead.

Dead kid fight. Dead kid fight. Dead kid fight.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well, that was a given since Help Wanted 2 is next.

Sadly, I do think Matpat's right on the money about both Elizabeth and Charlie being back from the dead.

Dead kid fight. Dead kid fight. Dead kid fight.
It’s like Pokémon. At this point.

Just Give me my spin-offs man. I care more about that than anything in the core series.

Top Bottom