• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
There's a part of me that wants to try out Mega Man X Dive now that it's got a version that's no longer a gacha game. It lasted about 3 years, like a lot of mobile games. But I've seen that the translation is still pretty jank like something from the 90's. No Capcom Crossover stuff, which sucks cause Dante Armor X would've been a blast to play. But aside from that, A Mega Man X game with a ton of stages in it could be fun. 30 bucks might be a bit too rich for the type of game it was. It's not nearly as polished as Mega Man 11, but it has a lot more levels and modes in it. So I'm conflicted on that.

Truth be told, I'm hoping that the fact it was decently successful(it was sited to have pushed Capcom's mobile division sales by 80% or so in its first year), that it'll mean more Mega Man stuff in general, same with the BN Collection selling more than a million copies. Both MM and DMC should get more regular releases given they've been on the up and up lately, just not the yearly push MM used to get back in the day so that sales can be more consistent with the modern market.

Why does the GTS even give you the option to search/ask for Mythicals if it's just gonna go literally 2 seconds later "WAIT YOU CAN'T LOOK FOR THAT ONE!"
That seems like an oversight that should've been fixed.

Shroob

Sup?
It's like the ****ing Man Ray and Patrick meme

"This is a Mythical Pokemon."
"Yup."
"And you allow me to enter the Mythical into the desired field."
"Yup."
"Meaning that I should be able to ask or look for a Mythical Pokemon."
"That makes sense to me."
"Then let me do it."
"THAT'S A SPECIAL POKEMON! YOU CAN'T SEARCH FOR IT!"

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
There's a part of me that wants to try out Mega Man X Dive now that it's got a version that's no longer a gacha game. It lasted about 3 years, like a lot of mobile games. But I've seen that the translation is still pretty jank like something from the 90's. No Capcom Crossover stuff, which sucks cause Dante Armor X would've been a blast to play. But aside from that, A Mega Man X game with a ton of stages in it could be fun. 30 bucks might be a bit too rich for the type of game it was. It's not nearly as polished as Mega Man 11, but it has a lot more levels and modes in it. So I'm conflicted on that.

Truth be told, I'm hoping that the fact it was decently successful(it was sited to have pushed Capcom's mobile division sales by 80% or so in its first year), that it'll mean more Mega Man stuff in general, same with the BN Collection selling more than a million copies. Both MM and DMC should get more regular releases given they've been on the up and up lately, just not the yearly push MM used to get back in the day so that sales can be more consistent with the modern market.

That seems like an oversight that should've been fixed.
They added a post credits scene that seems to tease X9 at least and I don't doubt for a second that some people are making mods for the crossover stuff even if it should have been in the game to begin with

Shroob

Sup?
Thinking about the Indigo Disc DLC, the whole biome thing they showed off seems like it's going to be some kinda bandaid fix to help evolve Pokemon into their regional evolutions that you'd otherwise need a different game for, ala the Alolan Exeggutor they showed off.

....but that begs the question

What the **** is a Galar biome going to look like. How does one encapsulate Bri'ish in nature.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Thinking about the Indigo Disc DLC, the whole biome thing they showed off seems like it's going to be some kinda bandaid fix to help evolve Pokemon into their regional evolutions that you'd otherwise need a different game for, ala the Alolan Exeggutor they showed off.

....but that begs the question

What the **** is a Galar biome going to look like. How does one encapsulate Bri'ish in nature.
It's the same as Paldea biome but all the Pokémon have bad teeth

Shroob

Sup?
White Stripe Basculin/Basculegion upon learning that the greater world at large thought it went extinct after showing up as a native Kitakami Pokemon

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
So... it's been forever since I last posted. 2 years ago in fact. How's everyone? Any update? Did anything significant happen on this forum? I'm not sure where to go really. Looking at my old posts make me cringe a bit. I only remembered about this site because I was checking rumors out on ssbwiki and saw a few mentions to this forum.

I feel like I'm going to have an existential crisis in a few months. Before I know it I'm now in the last year of my high school. I know what career to do or what uni to study in, I think, but part of me have doubts... meanwhile my sister is going to Poland soon to study for the first semester. It's a world of difference... I know I shouldn't really be saying such things but ugh...

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
they did create Rin for the Catherine game as well (and tbh the way that romance path ended was hella wholesome)
Rin best boy.
You think that **** was wholesome?
Vincent (thats his name, right?) did say he didnt give a **** if he was a boy, he still loved him. Its a low bar, sure. But props to atlus for even doing that

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I feel like I'm going to have an existential crisis in a few months. Before I know it I'm now in the last year of my high school. I know what career to do or what uni to study in, I think, but part of me have doubts... meanwhile my sister is going to Poland soon to study for the first semester. It's a world of difference... I know I shouldn't really be saying such things but ugh...
It’s normal to have moments like this, don’t sweat it. You’ll do just fine!

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So... it's been forever since I last posted. 2 years ago in fact. How's everyone? Any update? Did anything significant happen on this forum? I'm not sure where to go really. Looking at my old posts make me cringe a bit. I only remembered about this site because I was checking rumors out on ssbwiki and saw a few mentions to this forum.

You seem familiar… I think we talked once or twice. Been a while

it’s been largely discussing the next smash after Sora dropped, and other Nintendo games.

I’m also going back to school… sort of. Next week I start a six month IT certification boot camp, one certification a month. It’s all from home, but I hope I can manage and learn them all especially since I’ll be still unemployed for at least the first month. All potential jobs conflict with the first month’s class schedule

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

You're in high school my guy, a lot of people have an idea on what to do but don't know how to go about it. You're not the only one like this, but at some point you gotta take a risk and go for it. That's part of growing up, it's hard and won't be the last time but being scared won't get you anywhere.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So Pyoro is hinting at two big fracnhisss getting love in the direct.

The first may surprise some but I always thought it was inevitable.

F-Zero

And the second… well a lot of people will be happy:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
For the second one, I'm fully expecting that if it even amounts to anything, it's going to be something like Donkey Kong 64 on the Nintendo 64 Online app or maybe an announcement that a Donkey Kong Country movie is in the works rather than a new game. (though hopefully Nintendo proves me wrong, and even then, either of those options would be good)

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
I really hope for a 3D remake of Namco × Capcom. Or maybe a compilation of that game + the Project × Zone games. I will cry of joy if it's a Remake compilation.

Jondolio

Smash Hero

F-Zero

1694185468907.png

Nintentext

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Small Man
Small Man
Small Man
Small Man
SmartSelect_20230908_084311_X.jpg

F-Zero

Honk shoo wake me up when they tease tomodochi life

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
You're in high school my guy, a lot of people have an idea on what to do but don't know how to go about it. You're not the only one like this, but at some point you gotta take a risk and go for it. That's part of growing up, it's hard and won't be the last time but being scared won't get you anywhere.
I suppose so. It doesn't help that I grew up a bit differently so it was hard for me to have any IRL friends. I'm trying to do my best I can and think about the present for now. Thanks for the advice though.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Two things, one I drew a quick Maverick Hunter piece, I wanted to do more close-up shots like these, and I felt that Mega Man X was a good place to start. Then I figured I should add Zero and Axl to it.

And the second is this short animation loop I did a while back! Getting more eyes on my work is the tricky part, but I know I've gotten better, so I just gotta keep pushing.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
You think that **** was wholesome?
Very, especially compared to how Persona handled things. Didn’t like the Rin story?
Rin best boy.

Vincent (thats his name, right?) did say he didnt give a **** if he was a boy, he still loved him. Its a low bar, sure. But props to atlus for even doing that
Vincent also needed to be with someone he both loved and didn’t turn insane over

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

F-Zero

I asked them in a cryptic way about Xenoblade Chronicles X, by referencing the opening verse to Uncontrollable

here’s hoping 🙏that game would be the cherry on top

Reactions: Z25

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Electric Miku & Rotom

I wasn't expecting Rotom, but it's a cool pairing.

This one got two character sheets, showing she has more than just Rotom: Electivire, Heliolisk, Jolteon, and Mr. Rime.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Actually I have the direct. We're getting:
Zelda 3D collection (N64 remakes + LBW)
Mario Sports game that's ass and dies in days
Bad Graphics Pokemon
F-Zero SX
Donkey Kong: Banana Blitz
The OG Mario Kart 8. The DLC is cancelled
Mario Kart 9
Kingdom Hearts 4 port
Fighters Pass 3 with Geno from Fortnite, Geno Smith from Madden, and Genos from the One Punch Man Arena Fighting Game
SMRPG Mallow spinoff

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Actually I have the direct. We're getting:
Zelda 3D collection (N64 remakes + LBW)
Mario Sports game that's ass and dies in days
Bad Graphics Pokemon
F-Zero SX
Donkey Kong: Banana Blitz
The OG Mario Kart 8. The DLC is cancelled
Mario Kart 9
Kingdom Hearts 4 port
Fighters Pass 3 with Geno from Fortnite, Geno Smith from Madden, and Genos from the One Punch Man Arena Fighting Game
SMRPG Mallow spinoff
No appearance from Swanky Kong.

0/10 direct.

Top Bottom