• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Shroob

Sup?
I wonder if we're getting the dlc on the 12th.

It launches in Japan on the 13th so timezone ****ery would imply yes.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
As inevitable as stink on ****.
I mean Nintendo’s motto with the switch is basically:

“Which franchise dead or alive, can we milk next?”

From advance wars, to making Metroid big again, and everything in between.

It felt naturally that that particular franchise would return.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Yo! Gamera: Rebirth got a 7.4/10 on IMDB and 80% on Rotten Tomatoes!

And for the second time Gamera beats Godzilla (Anime Godzilla Trilogy) at his own game since the Heisei Era.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Actually I have the direct. We're getting:
Zelda 3D collection (N64 remakes + LBW)
Mario Sports game that's ass and dies in days
Bad Graphics Pokemon
F-Zero SX
Donkey Kong: Banana Blitz
The OG Mario Kart 8. The DLC is cancelled
Mario Kart 9
Kingdom Hearts 4 port
Fighters Pass 3 with Geno from Fortnite, Geno Smith from Madden, and Genos from the One Punch Man Arena Fighting Game
SMRPG Mallow spinoff
F-Zero SX, Captain Falcon tells you to practice safe SX and Kate Allen is 45% thiccer for no reason.

Can't wait for Mallow's Drug Cartel though.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean Nintendo’s motto with the switch is basically:

“Which franchise dead or alive, can we milk next?”

From advance wars, to making Metroid big again, and everything in between.

It felt naturally that that particular franchise would return.
Hopefully this mindset means we’ll actually get some Golden Sun and F-Zero action soon.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hopefully this mindset means we’ll actually get some Golden Sun and F-Zero action soon.
If Advance Wars was considered successful enough, than I think Golden Sun will 100 percent come back.

Likely as a port or remaster, but that’s a start to being people to the series again.

Advance wars also seems to have done decently because it was trending #1 on eshop for like 3 weeks iirc. So going back to another niche series feels very possible.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
These are the plans for characters in PMEX Remix

View attachment 377435

I'm interested in Sami, Saki, Dixie Kong, and Primid
A lot of good picks here.

I wonder if Steve will be like he is in Ultimate? I’d imagine that’d be very hard to program, a moveset where he just uses different Minecraft items would be cool too imo. Perhaps he could place blocks in a different sort of way. Either way, definitely maining him, and Primid is exciting too.

Other than Steve and Primid, I’m mainly excited for the Pokémon (especially Raichu), Villager, Galacta Knight, Duck Hunt, and the Mario characters as well. Dixie, Inklings, and Mega Man are all cool too.

The Miis are cool as well, though I’m curious if they’ll be customizable or not. I’m not sure how that’d work on Dolph- ahem I mean my totally legitimate Wii that’s just missing Miis for some reason.

This is ****ing wild and only going to end badly:
Why Roblox of all things?
“Hey babe, wanna go build to survive teh epic duck?”

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I wonder if Steve will be like he is in Ultimate? I’d imagine that’d be very hard to program, a moveset where he just uses different Minecraft items would be cool too imo. Perhaps he could place blocks in a different sort of way. Either way, definitely maining him, and Primid is exciting too.

The Miis are cool as well, though I’m curious if they’ll be customizable or not. I’m not sure how that’d work on Dolph- ahem I mean my totally legitimate Wii that’s just missing Miis for some reason.
The devs have said that moves and mechanics of official characters that aren't Brawl/Wii friendly will be replaced with something else.

Shroob

Sup?
A lot of good picks here.

Other than Steve and Primid, I’m mainly excited for the Pokémon (especially Raichu), Villager, Galacta Knight, Duck Hunt, and the Mario characters as well. Dixie, Inklings, and Mega Man are all cool too.

Why Roblox of all things?
“Hey babe, wanna go build to survive teh epic duck?”
The devs took all those "Hop on Minecraft/Roblox/League of Legends" memes too seriously.

Shroob

Sup?
But ya, I'm excited for the DLC.

I'm not expecting a whole lot, it doesn't seem like there's gonna be a 'lot' of content, but I'm gonna have fun methinks.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Can't believe these exist.
View attachment 377443
Can't wait for the inevitable lawsuit surrounding one of these products, or something similar, that ends up fundamentally crippling the entire "parody" defence of fair use clauses because a company like Entertainment One doesn't like that a Roblox game that's very clearly inspired by the Peppa Pig series is besmerching the appearance of their brand in the public consciousness, especially of their target demographic of children

I obviously don't want that to happen, but I'm genuinely beginning to think it's only a matter of time before the mere existence of anything from Elsagate to .EXEs to creepypastas and beyond - through the growing media market of the internet - are seen as such a problem to the actual owners of brands and franchises that they decide to throw their weight around on the issue.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Can't wait for the inevitable lawsuit surrounding one of these products, or something similar, that ends up fundamentally crippling the entire "parody" defence of fair use clauses because a company like Entertainment One doesn't like that a Roblox game that's very clearly inspired by the Peppa Pig series is besmerching the appearance of their brand in the public consciousness, especially of their target demographic of children

I obviously don't want that to happen, but I'm genuinely beginning to think it's only a matter of time before the mere existence of anything from Elsagate to .EXEs to creepypastas and beyond - through the growing media market of the internet - are seen as such a problem to the actual owners of brands and franchises that they decide to throw their weight around on the issue.
If you ask me, that is a real horror story right there. That would be very scary indeed.

Shroob

Sup?
People trying to copy a successful formula is not the fault of that formula’s innovators
No, I agree.

But were it not for Markiplier and Matpat, I fully believe that FNaF wouldn't be anywhere near as massive as it is today.

Which means in a parallel universe, we could have avoided the birth of Poppy Playtime and Garten of Banban.........

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
No, I agree.

But were it not for Markiplier and Matpat, I fully believe that FNaF wouldn't be anywhere near as massive as it is today.

Which means in a parallel universe, we could have avoided the birth of Poppy Playtime and Garten of Banban.........
Poppy Playtime has some merit if its own despite the low quality source fm content farms.

Banban needs to burn like Afton in the sixth game.

Also I’m not sure about Mark but Mat was requested to talk about the first game by his fans for his Halloween special. It was originally gonna be on Slender but then he did a poll. So FNaF clearly already had some momentum.

But also like, who cares if YouTubers make a game more popular or not?

Shroob

Sup?
Poppy Playtime has some merit if its own despite the low quality source fm content farms.

Banban needs to burn like Afton in the sixth game.

Also I’m not sure about Mark but Mat was requested to talk about the first game by his fans for his Halloween special. It was originally gonna be on Slender but then he did a poll. So FNaF clearly already had some momentum.

But also like, who cares if YouTubers make a game more popular or not?
Poppy Playtime's issue isn't the content farms lol.

It's the NFTs, and all the drama around it.

Coupled with the fact that the developers of it made what amounts to CP animations between Baby from FNaF and someone's channel icon that they didn't like.

Top Bottom