• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Duraludon getting an evolution kinda feels like they forgot to put it in Sword and shield so they figured they would do it now.
I wonder how Pokemon Unite's going to handle it, because it already has Duraludon and the only NFE Pokemon on its roster are Pikachu, for obvious reasons, and Scyther depending on how you build Scizor.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Duraludon getting an evolution kinda feels like they forgot to put it in Sword and shield so they figured they would do it now.
I don’t know, the fact it got a gmax form makes it seem they finally realized locking cool new forms behind gimmicks that will never return is stupid.

Which is why we have Paradox forms mimicking mega designs, and now this taking inspiration from multiple aspects of the duraladon design. Plus dipplin feels relatively inspired by the gmax design as well, keeping the apple making it bigger.

So my guess is expect cross Gen evolutions and future paradoxes to be fair game to reuse designs. Plus it’s an easy way to fill two different quotas, the first being a new cross Gen evolution, and the second being a new mon in general for a pokedex.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
So Khu is hinting that the other new evolution is likely for sandaconda and resembles white forest.
Ngl, I think all three cross gens being from Galar is pretty lame. There are so many Pokemon from other gens that need it, spread the love a little (especially because these Pokemon were only just created). Sandaconda absolutely needs it more than Duraludon and Applin, I'll give it that.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'd make a joke about how Chairman Rose's plan was both dumb and inhumane, since Eternatus was a living creature that they were going to power all of Galar with

But, British, colonization, etc.
The ****** was worried about an energy crisis even though there was a Pokemon with unlimited energy living to the north (Regileki)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What does that even mean.
So basically:
One of his riddles a while back was this:
C90A6BBB-D40A-46FC-91D3-2798EED11432.jpeg

without much context, but he followed up after the presentation, putting archuladon in the black city place. The idea being the sky scrapper was a hint. Alongside his other riddles that people picked up were alluding to galar pandering.

his new post put not revealed yet in the white forest spot, and said it’s another galar evolution.

One of his other posts is of a picture of the caduceus symbol.

So when you take the coiled snakes, the galar pandering hint, and the trees winding here, it’s easy to imagine a evolution to samdaconda that either has it wrapped around trees instead of sand like the gmax form, or maybe it becomes like a forest hurricane.
Ngl, I think all three cross gens being from Galar is pretty lame. There are so many Pokemon from other gens that need it, spread the love a little (especially because these Pokemon were only just created). Sandaconda absolutely needs it more than Duraludon and Applin, I'll give it that.
I do agree, as much as I like dipplin, it’s a weird choice for an evolution. Even duraladon was pretty strong without one but I think an evo fits it well when it was raihon’s ace and kinda trash.

I would love if we got at least 1 Pokémon from each Gen to get a new evolution. Still hoping the blood moon riddle is for a mightenya evolution, or for the theories about the wind chimes focused( like the apples) in the first trailer, hinting a chimecho evolution
Do we have any ideas on what the "something special" is when you bring Mew to Tera Raid Mewtwo?
Potential spoilers
Supposedly a datamine shows that Mew receives an omniboost in stats when sent out against Mewtwo
To add to this, the nso bulletin did confirm that if mew succeeds in battle, it gets the mighty mark, if you are someone who likes getting those.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Nobara is great but Maki is probably my favorite female character in all of shonen, it's like she was made specifically for me

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So you're telling me the only reason Applin can't evolve in Galar is because Galarians haven't invented Candy Apples yet.

Are they stupid?

Actually maybe yes considering Chairman Rose....
I'd like to believe that the variation of the apple and the actualy dip it was dipped (a possible Paldean secret recipe?) in affect its evolution. Alolan Raichu was theorized to have changed based on its diet, and I feel like that is the path this Pokemon is going. It may also be a combination of having to be in a specific environment.

But frankly; who gives a ****? Dripplin is here and you're never going to take his drip.

D

Deleted member

Yo people, had a great day today.

I went to meet with my little cousins at El Corte Inglés and Multiopticas where we looked up stuff about the glasses of one of them, looked at many LEGO sets and videogames and checked on some of the new stuff.

Then we went to their House and we ate Nutella sandwiches while playing on the Nintendo Switch. We played Tears Of The Kingdom, Link's Awakening Remake and Banjo-Kazooie.

In fact, here's a video which Noipoi Noipoi may love: one of my little cousins getting all 100 musical notes in Mumbo Mountain. Don't worry doh, the video is hidden so It will only show up on this thread:
Also we agreed that this Sunday we will meet again for some celebrations at Firgas, which is gonna be awesome. We will bring our Switches and play together before we go to the celebrations at my uncle's house. Maybe we will even swim at the swimming pool.

That's all for now, logging off again! :)

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I heard some whispers about the new legendary trio potentially having different forms without their purple chain thingies and I will cause the heat death of the universe if true

Top Bottom