• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So our next reveal for Scarlet and Violet is in 11 days:

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It's always weird to see Arcade Archives: VS. Super Mario Bros. pretty much always staying on the Switch eShop best sellers page.

It's really nothing more than the first SMB but with a really bumped up difficulty.
Personally I always took it as a sign of interest in Nintendo's Arcade History (which had never been re-released before) and being able to access the GOAT without paying for NSO.

The history of SMB1 is always interesting to me as there are basically 7.5 versions of the game (I think my count is correct) each with changes ranging to subtle to major.

Super Mario Bros.
Vs. Super Mario Bros
Super Mario Bros. 2 JP/Lost Levels
All Night Nippon Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. Deluxe
Super Luigi Bros. (NES Remix 2)
Super Mario Bros. 35

And technically Super Mario Bros. Special from Hudson Soft.

For my money*, All Night Nippon is the best version. Has all of the gameplay QoL features/graphic changes of SMB2, the more balanced level difficulty of the original with the duplicate levels replaced with ones from SMB2, has unlockable Worlds A-D, playable SMB2 Luigi, no Wind Hazards or Poison Mushrooms, etc.

Deluxe would probably be the best version due to all of the modes it has if it wasn't for the screen crunch. 35 was too young for this world, and I would probably be still subscribed to NSO if it was still available.

*Literally. I bought an original copy. Is both the rarest and most expensive game I own.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Tea?

Tea?

Oh god no, it's him

Iron Mugulis

1691740684705.png

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM BACK BABY!!!!

So what's everyone been up to?

2023 is also officially the best year ever. The year both Gamera and The Angry Beavers made a glorious return after so long!

On another note...LESS THEN A MONTH UNTIL GAMERA: REBIRTH!!!! YEAH!!!!

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM BACK BABY!!!!

So what's everyone been up to?

2023 is also officially the best year ever. The year both Gamera and The Angry Beavers made a glorious return after so long!

On another note...LESS THEN A MONTH UNTIL GAMERA: REBIRTH!!!! YEAH!!!!
I'm surprised it took you this long to notice the Beavers in NASB since Shroob tagged you, but oh well, better late than never.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm surprised it took you this long to notice the Beavers in NASB since Shroob tagged you, but oh well, better late than never.
That's because I was taking a break from this site. I did briefly come back half a month ago to reveal to my fellow kaiju bros, notably Mamboo the Gamera: Rebirth trailer that dropped at that time.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
With the Multiversus and Nick All-Stars Brawl 2, I really hope this leads to the popularity of other platform fighters. One I want most notably is a Universal Studios taking the Multiversus route in terms of roster. I can also imagine the name of the title.

Universal Studios Smackdown

They have plenty of IPs as Warner Bros. does that the potential is there going the Multiversus route in terms of roster.

These are characters I'm fairly certain that'd be guaranteed if such a Universal Studios platformer was made.

Back to the Future:
Doc Brown
Marty McFly

DreamWorks Animation:
Hiccup
Megamind
Po
**** in Boots
Shrek
Toothless

Fast and the Furious:
Brian O' Connor
Dom Toretto

Illumination:
Gru
Kevin, Stuart & Bob

Jaws:
Bruce (The way that Bruce would play is basically swimming in the air as if he's in invisible water with bubbles surrounding him, he plays by chomping at and whipping his tail at players or NPCs)
Quint

Jurassic Park/Jurassic World:
Alan Grant
Blue
Owen Grady
Rexy

Universal Monsters:
Dracula
Frankenstein's monster
Wolfman

Woody Woodpecker:
Woody Woodpecker

Misc.:
Cocaine Bear
King Kong
M3gan

I feel Cocaine Bear and M3gan have a high shot due to their memetic statuses. I would so 100% main Cocaine Bear. I wouldn't be surprised of M3gan being top tier.

Also, I just love the idea of Littlefoot vs. Dom Toretto. LMAO.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Cool! Just don't go crazy spoiling any plot, TPC.

Reactions: Z25

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Ya know Pikmin 4 is good and all, but as much as I like it it's not really doing for me what Pikmin 3 did. I guess it's the mix of the fact that I found exploring with 3 captains really satisfying, but also that there's no real sense of urgency making it feel like I'm optimizing for optimization's sake.

I think I'll take a break for now, binge the rest of it on Monday and then go back to Pokemon as I'm starting to hyperfixate on that dang franchise again.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Gal Gadot.
I decline
Ya know Pikmin 4 is good and all, but as much as I like it it's not really doing for me what Pikmin 3 did. I guess it's the mix of the fact that I found exploring with 3 captains really satisfying, but also that there's no real sense of urgency making it feel like I'm optimizing for optimization's sake.

I think I'll take a break for now, binge the rest of it on Monday and then go back to Pokemon as I'm starting to hyperfixate on that dang franchise again.
I couldnt beat Pikmin 3 because I couldnt even get pass when the final boss is chasing you. Also the 3 captains was too much. Im good with just 2, unless Oatchi isnt a captain, then one

In that regard, Pikmin 4 is way better to me. Its 2nd to pikmin 2

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
On my topic of Universal Studios Smackdown (My ideal name for a Universal Studios platform fighter). Burt Gummer would be such a hoot to play as. If he were in such a game, he and Cocaine Bear would be my mains.

Secondaries would be Bruce, King Kong, and Rexy.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I Wonder if they’re only gonna adapt the first Last Ronin comic, or if they’ll also throw in some stuff from the prequel comic

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

There's a really hard balance to achieve with Pikmin games and I don't know if they'll ever do it perfectly. Time limits give tension but take away from player freedom. No time limit gives time to relax and explore but takes away the urgency.

Dead Rising has similar issues but I think it handles it worse than Pikmin does.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Whenever I tell someone I'm going to school for animation they immediately assume I'm a weeb. Probably because I'm black lol

Sorry to disappoint, but my cartoons are more Looney Tunes than Naruto.
I'm going to animation school too so maybe we could one day collab and do something that's both of them at the same time

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Untitled329_20230811164736.png

Im almost tempted to make their lore that they are living plush rabbits
Whenever I tell someone I'm going to school for animation they immediately assume I'm a weeb. Probably because I'm black lol

Sorry to disappoint, but my cartoons are more Looney Tunes than Naruto.
I demand you animate my rabbit girl and I want 60% of the earnings. Thank you

Edit: 80%
Edit #2: 90%

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yo people, sorry for passing by again during my holidays, but there's this question which I wanted to ask ya'll for the sake of everyone's comfort. Don't worry, it's not anything huge and rather about a purchase I am considering which could be problematic.

Long story short: I really want a Kang figure for my Marvel Legends Fantastic Four shelf, but they never released on my island the comic book one and only recently they have released this one:
71qY+0DXxCL.jpg

I think ya'll may know where I am heading with this, but I really wanted to ask ya'll whether or not do you think It is worth It to pick up this Kang figure specifically and if ya'll would be confortable with me after the fact. More so because I am aware of which version it represents and all the bad stuff it may have associated to it similar to the MCU Namor figure I own and plan to sell since I own a Comic Book Namor figure already, but I really want a figure of Kang the character in my shelf and also to not weird out people here.

That's all for now thankfully, will stay online to check some thoughts and when I make a definitive choice I'll log off again.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Just found out that the Last Ronin game is likely to be M rated due to Nickelodeon and Paramount wanting to spread the TMNT franchise into having projects dedicated to young and more mature groups.

If the game does indeed get that M rating (instead of a T rating), it’d be the first mature rated Nickelodeon project made…and maybe more could come out of it with their other properties (be it through other Nicktoons like Avatar or through their live action properties that haven’t been used recently)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If the game does indeed get that M rating (instead of a T rating), it’d be the first mature rated Nickelodeon project made…and maybe more could come out of it with their other properties (be it through other Nicktoons like Avatar or through their live action properties that haven’t been used recently)
Someone hasn't heard of Ren & Stimpy Adult Swim Party.

Not that I can blame ya though...

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
If this stadium was in real life, it would be the worst one ever made

How are you supposed find a good seat at something with 25 battling rings? And why 25 of them?

View attachment 375989
You can have a lot more matches running at once like this. That's pretty much what the netball courts near me look like.

Top Bottom