• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Imagine if pet stores sold little pikmin and captains and they get to live in your house as pest control. You wake up in the morning only to see a little captain throwing a **** ton of pikmin at a roach
Why do you have to describe such an appealing situation.

They better not attack my cats though.

Greenhorne Ethan

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-4106-6771-3326
Checking out HBO Max at my aunt's house being the MultiVersus person I am. I'm a big Space Ghost fan but I never really watched The Brak Show, so I binged some of the first season. I think I like it more than Coast to Coast where I don't really care for the guests when I don't know them. Now I'm just chilling here with Ambient Swim on in the background.

I didn't read the article but I hope "essentially a cinematic universe" doesn't mean they all connect to the same canon as Barbie.I don't want that for MoTU or T&F as they already have rich worlds and characters. Worth noting though, the T&F movie was announced long before this and there was the MoTU movie that was cancelled at Netflix within the past week or so, so I am interested in those two as already substantial franchises that I like.

Leave the rest, though.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Scoot your chair back and all you hear is Pikmin dying sounds.
Id feel so bad if I did that. Id quickly look for anything to give them to bring to the onion.

"****. **** I just accidently killed a bunch..um.. here, take this stale cracker, please, hurry, Im sorry"
Why do you have to describe such an appealing situation.

They better not attack my cats though.
Considering they loved Oatchi in Pikmin 4, I feel they would love your cats. Now will the cats love them is the real question

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Pokemon Masters update dropped. We're not even at the Anniversary, but there are some MAJOR unexpected bombshells that dropped.

7 new units
3 Master Fair Re-Runs
Two New Sync Pair Role Types (Field: EX Extends Field Effect Duration, Sprint: EX Reduces Sync Countdown by 3)

Gen 9/Paldea content joins the game! Nemona was definitely going to be the first Paldea unit they dropped, but I really wasn't expecting her until the end of the year at the earliest. The actual Anniversary is going to be extra surprising if they're just casually dropping this weeks before hand. After Ash dropped last year, I'm not sure who could top him now.

I assume with the Villain Arc ending we'll probably get Paulo and Lycanroc Dusk or maybe Unbound Hoopa? But I don't think an OC character would be a major selling point for the Anniversary. He's definitely not as popular as Lear at least.

I assume we'll get a Pokemon Direct very soon, so I'm very excited to see what drops this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Z25

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Pokemon Masters update dropped. We're not even at the Anniversary, but there are some MAJOR unexpected bombshells that dropped.

7 new units
3 Master Fair Re-Runs
Two New Sync Pair Role Types (Field: EX Extends Field Effect Duration, Sprint: EX Reduces Sync Countdown by 3)

Gen 9/Paldea content joins the game! Nemona was definitely going to be the first Paldea unit they dropped, but I really wasn't expecting her until the end of the year at the earliest. The actual Anniversary is going to be extra surprising if they're just casually dropping this weeks before hand. After Ash dropped last year, I'm not sure who could top him now.

I assume with the Villain Arc ending we'll probably get Paulo and Lycanroc Dusk or maybe Unbound Hoopa? But I don't think an OC character would be a major selling point for the Anniversary. He's definitely not as popular as Lear at least.

I assume we'll get a Pokemon Direct very soon, so I'm very excited to see what drops this year.
Of course they drop Pokemon Goku, Leon + Dragapult and Johto reruns before anniversary. They want me to have no gems after this month.

Last edited:
Reactions: ---

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Imagine if pet stores sold little pikmin and captains and they get to live in your house as pest control. You wake up in the morning only to see a little captain throwing a **** ton of pikmin at a roach
Wbat if they team uo to take you down.

Can 100 Pikmins take down a human?

Jondolio

Smash Hero
My biggest fear in that situation is that I could accidentally step on them and kill them

I would feel awful

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So what I'm hearing is that Pikmin can take down a newborn. Got it.
me Throwing a bunch of red and blues with a few purples, rocks and Ice on a baby in a stroller "Besties. KILL"
New Splatfest theme is what is most important in life:

Money

Fame

Love
I need money

But its a shiver team so Im picking love

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
I see Nickolodeon All Star 2 as an upgrade from the first one. Also, I say that the first was testing the waters for the game, but had a rough start while Ultimate was still active at the time.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
On a different topic I listened to thr vocal version of Pollyana from Earthbound for the first time in years and immediately burst into tears

I don't even like Earthbound that much so it's weird but I guess I'm nostalgic since I played that game when I was like 15 or 16. I should probably give it another playthrough, maybe I'll appreciate it more now

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Leaked footage of Shiver and Fyre when Money and Fame get 1st and 2nd place in the newest Splatfest:

D

Deleted member

This movie was a really fun, colourful, Creative, educative and emotional ride.

The main cast of actors do hysterical yet powerful performances, giving It all in many sorts of crazy ways. I wanna highlight Margot Robbie, Simu Liu, Ryan Gosling and Will Ferrell as they were the performances I loved the most.
Ya'll may kill me for saying this, but visually this has to be the live action equivalent of Into The Spider-Verse. Everything and everyone just looks incredible and the differences between Barbieland and the real world are very well explained and shown.

The music is also great and funny (they chose for the dub of the movie to leave them in English with subtitles btw), shared alongside a lot of comedic bits which felt as hit after hit both for my date partner and myself. The entire theater lost their **** when they played the depressed Barbie ad, more so because they got the actual voice in Spain of the Barbie commercials which made It feel even more real.

Ken makes for a wonderful villain too, and I love the redemption he gets at the end of the movie by learning to love himself and not rely on having a girlfriend or looking cool to the rest of the world to be happy.

That btw leads us to the elephant in the room: the message in the movie. Contrary to what some people may think, I actually enjoy movies and shows which handle the theme of machism and how women have been misstreated through time as I believe It is important for kids to learn about It through accessible methods so we can all become better people. I personally, believe that this Barbie movie handles the message way better than other media such as Masters Of The Universe Revelations, which I would find neat to talk about and expand on these feelings at a later time, but just know that the Barbie movie does the two things I really want from media which handles the theme: It tonally makes sense for the world the movie wants to show us and doesn't feel out of nowhere, and they go all-in on the message without pulling any stops.

Overall: the Barbie movie is a wonderful and meaningful ride, I am so glad It exists and It has to be one of my favourite movies of the year alongside Evil Dead Rise, Super Mario Bros and Indiana Jones 5. An easy 8.5/10, finally surpassing Night At The Museum 2 as my highlight of great kids/family movies. If ya'll haven't watched It, you should. It is very worth It.
Also I may watch Oppenheimer eventually when I am less mentally busy, as I feel that movie will be really strong with its themes and wouldn't have been appropiate to see with my date as our first movie together.

Top Bottom