• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I beat Pikmin 4.
game good.
This game is definitely either a reboot, an alternate timeline, or just a retelling of Pikmin 1. Koppai is starving and Louie hasn’t put Hocotate Freight into debt yet.

There are three Koppaites you have to save, one seemingly related to Alph (appears to be his oldest brother, he has a bunch of siblings like Alph does and I know Alph was one of the youngest among his siblings), and iirc it’s said they came to find treasure so they could buy up food to help save their planet.

Their names are Don Bergman (mirroring Charlie and he even has a ducky as a friend according to dialogue, though I don’t know if Charlie is related), Yorke (the one who may be related to Alph), and Nelle (mirrors Brittany, though she’s a veterinarian instead of a botanist; idk if they’re related).

While you’re trying to get Louie, you get entries from his voyage log. After you beat the game, you get one last log talking about how he loves Golden Pikpik Carrots more than any food in all of space, and how he’s waiting for the right delivery job, suggesting his dark secret has yet to happen (and he may have taken the job just for the carrots).

It seems Louie really likes the planet and wants to stay there, which may be why he kept getting left behind in past games. How he acts in this game seems to be evidence for the theory that he was controlling the Titan Dweevil in Pikmin 2.

Other cool stuff:

-Olimar was successful in finding all of his ship parts and nearly escaped, but he turned around because Moss snuck onto his ship, and she can’t survive off of the planet due to her leaf tail. In the moment he turned back, his life support systems failed and he crashed again.

-The final boss is a huge fluffy dog with a spiked collar and metal music. Thankfully it doesn’t die.

-Smoky Progg is confirmed to be a malformed, larval Mamuta rather than it just being a hypothesis. Its smoke, or “fog”/“gloom” as it’s called in this game, still instantly kills Pikmin that touch it. It can also shoot out projectiles of its fog.

-Purple Pikmin seem to be similar to how they were in Pikmin 2 minus the stun, plus they deal impact damage when being thrown at stuff and latching on, and their slam deals AoE damage allowing them to instantly kill smaller creatures in a small area.

-I haven’t tried letting White Pikmin die so idk how strong their poison is, but they seem to still be faster than other Pikmin and of course they’re immune to poison. Their ability to see completely buried objects is now shared by all Pikmin.

-Louie has missions for you if you start your save back up after the ending and go talk to him; if you complete all his missions, he gives you an item that lets you transport objects like Pikmin do, but you only have the strength of one Pikmin.

-I forgot his name, but there’s a musician castaway who gives you the mission to find all musical treasures. When you do, he gives you a horn that lets you swarm your Pikmin (like with the C-stick in the first two games). The last treasure required for this is in the final boss’s cave, though.

-There are a few music box treasures; one plays what I think is Pikmin 3’s theme if I remember right, one is the Piranha Plant Lullaby from Super Mario 64, and one is the Song of Storms from Zelda.

-The Puffstool is back, but it just confuses your Pikmin (making them dance around it) instead of turning them into Puffmin. Personally I found this disappointing, but it was still cool to see it return.

-Olimar mentions Bulbmin in one of the Piklopedia entries, but I forgot which one. Bulbmin never appear, however.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I legit forgot there were other threads and channels on this website due to being exclusive to this place for the longest time

Shroob

Sup?
I beat Pikmin 4.
game good.
This game is definitely either a reboot, an alternate timeline, or just a retelling of Pikmin 1. Koppai is starving and Louie hasn’t put Hocotate Freight into debt yet.

There are three Koppaites you have to save, one seemingly related to Alph (appears to be his oldest brother, he has a bunch of siblings like Alph does and I know Alph was one of the youngest among his siblings), and iirc it’s said they came to find treasure so they could buy up food to help save their planet.

Their names are Don Bergman (mirroring Charlie and he even has a ducky as a friend according to dialogue, though I don’t know if Charlie is related), Yorke (the one who may be related to Alph), and Nelle (mirrors Brittany, though she’s a veterinarian instead of a botanist; idk if they’re related).

While you’re trying to get Louie, you get entries from his voyage log. After you beat the game, you get one last log talking about how he loves Golden Pikpik Carrots more than any food in all of space, and how he’s waiting for the right delivery job, suggesting his dark secret has yet to happen (and he may have taken the job just for the carrots).

It seems Louie really likes the planet and wants to stay there, which may be why he kept getting left behind in past games. How he acts in this game seems to be evidence for the theory that he was controlling the Titan Dweevil in Pikmin 2.

Other cool stuff:

-Olimar was successful in finding all of his ship parts and nearly escaped, but he turned around because Moss snuck onto his ship, and she can’t survive off of the planet due to her leaf tail. In the moment he turned back, his life support systems failed and he crashed again.

-The final boss is a huge fluffy dog with a spiked collar and metal music. Thankfully it doesn’t die.

-Smoky Progg is confirmed to be a malformed, larval Mamuta rather than it just being a hypothesis. Its smoke, or “fog”/“gloom” as it’s called in this game, still instantly kills Pikmin that touch it. It can also shoot out projectiles of its fog.

-Purple Pikmin seem to be similar to how they were in Pikmin 2 minus the stun, plus they deal impact damage when being thrown at stuff and latching on, and their slam deals AoE damage allowing them to instantly kill smaller creatures in a small area.

-I haven’t tried letting White Pikmin die so idk how strong their poison is, but they seem to still be faster than other Pikmin and of course they’re immune to poison. Their ability to see completely buried objects is now shared by all Pikmin.

-Louie has missions for you if you start your save back up after the ending and go talk to him; if you complete all his missions, he gives you an item that lets you transport objects like Pikmin do, but you only have the strength of one Pikmin.

-I forgot his name, but there’s a musician castaway who gives you the mission to find all musical treasures. When you do, he gives you a horn that lets you swarm your Pikmin (like with the C-stick in the first two games). The last treasure required for this is in the final boss’s cave, though.

-There are a few music box treasures; one plays what I think is Pikmin 3’s theme if I remember right, one is the Piranha Plant Lullaby from Super Mario 64, and one is the Song of Storms from Zelda.

-The Puffstool is back, but it just confuses your Pikmin (making them dance around it) instead of turning them into Puffmin. Personally I found this disappointing, but it was still cool to see it return.

-Olimar mentions Bulbmin in one of the Piklopedia entries, but I forgot which one. Bulbmin never appear, however.
It's probably a reboot of Pikmin 1 IMO. Could also be an alternate universe of sorts, but it definitely takes place before Pikmin 2 at least.

I'm happy that even though they're super postgame, you can get the white and purple onion. Being able to just, grow whatever Pikmin you want without having to scour for Candypop buds is nice.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
It's probably a reboot of Pikmin 1 IMO. Could also be an alternate universe of sorts, but it definitely takes place before Pikmin 2 at least.

I'm happy that even though they're super postgame, you can get the white and purple onion. Being able to just, grow whatever Pikmin you want without having to scour for Candypop buds is nice.
I think you can actually get the onions before starting the two postgame areas, but you have to beat Olimar’s Shipwreck Story first; the cave with the challenges for them appeared after I beat that. I got them before starting the last area, I was too curious about the second to last area to finish Olimar’s story first.

The challenges you have to beat to get them are really hard. Most are easy enough to actually complete/get a bronze medal at least (and one is super easy for a platinum medal once you figure it out tbh) and I did a bit better than that for a couple or so, but two specifically feel a bit like a nightmare lol. For a gold or platinum medal, you’ve gotta have like, perfect dandori, no dandori issues.

…actually, the last one (one of the “nightmare” ones) would’ve been a lot easier if I remembered you could kill the Waterwraith with Purples. I don’t know how that completely went over me there ._. It’s possible I got it into my head that I should avoid conflict for better time, but idk, I don’t remember even thinking about killing it, just trying to keep my Pikmin away from it xD At least it killed a Startle Spore for me.

The other “nightmare” challenge involves killing 99 creatures using nothing but Oatchi and the slams of 5 Purples, and all of the creatures are Bulborb Larva and 5 or so fleas (I forgot the name of the flea creature). If you’re not quick, you could easily lose your Purples, and using Oatchi’s rush seems to be a waste of time. The auto lock-on cursor doesn’t help either xD.

Shroob

Sup?
1690354030172.png

This is your main antagonist.

Who is it? Buy the books.

What's its motivation? Buy the books.

Has it ever been alluded to in game? (No), but also, buy the books.

Will we explain what it is in game? (No), but also, buy the books.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
View attachment 375122

Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I beat Pikmin 4.
game good.
that would also explain why he seemed **** all concered that he got left behind in 2. He likes the planet and the fact he can just ****ing control monsters if he wants. He had nothing to worry about while living there

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Saw Barbie

It was a bit of a mixed bag. The direction, sets and acting were pretty good and there were portions of the movie I really liked and I overall appreciate what it's going for, I just think it juggled a bit too much and got very soapbox-y at times. I would give it a 7/10 probably

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Ironically accusing this of trying to be an MK killer will still attract people who seriously think it's meant to be one

er uh anyway it's a shame Chip Hazard can't be in despite technically being a CG-animated Dreamworks character

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I just finished watching Secret Invasion. I was hoping that seeing the events of the episode in-context would be better than what social media was making the episode out to be, but it was rough, with a bunch of major characters acting like idiots and one character basically becoming a writer's Skrull OC from a really bad fanfic, with them gaining dozens of powers (including Captain Marvel, Thanos, Ghost, Scarlet Witch, etc.) with zero drawbacks.

The good points of this series were Samuel L. Jackson's performance, going further into Nick Fury's history, and the introduction of his wife, but that's about it. It doesn't give me high hopes for most of the upcoming Disney+ shows - I still need to get caught up Daredevil (though hopefully they have a reason for Foggy and Karen being absent from Born Again), but Echo, Ironheart, and the Agatha Harkness show have a lot of work to do in order to get me interested.

I have got to stop hoping that the endings of movies/shows/games that are viewed negatively will be better with context - the last time I hoped for that was with Bayonetta 3, and that ending was so bad that it almost ruined the series for me going forward.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
On one hand, the DLC doubles the amount of tracks, on the other hand, they ****ed up Koopa Cape and Dreamworks Kart or whatever has Death from Last Wish as DLC, so what's truly worth the money?
I've only raced on the new Koopa Cape one time so I'm not sure what the differences between them are besides the anti-grav stuff in the tunnel, unless that specifically ruined it.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I just finished watching Secret Invasion. I was hoping that seeing the events of the episode in-context would be better than what social media was making the episode out to be, but it was rough, with a bunch of major characters acting like idiots and one character basically becoming a writer's Skrull OC from a really bad fanfic, with them gaining dozens of powers (including Captain Marvel, Thanos, Ghost, Scarlet Witch, etc.) with zero drawbacks.

The good points of this series were Samuel L. Jackson's performance, going further into Nick Fury's history, and the introduction of his wife, but that's about it. It doesn't give me high hopes for most of the upcoming Disney+ shows - I still need to get caught up Daredevil (though hopefully they have a reason for Foggy and Karen being absent from Born Again), but Echo, Ironheart, and the Agatha Harkness show have a lot of work to do in order to get me interested.

I have got to stop hoping that the endings of movies/shows/games that are viewed negatively will be better with context - the last time I hoped for that was with Bayonetta 3, and that ending was so bad that it almost ruined the series for me going forward.
It was odd that G’iah got such a massive promotion of importance compared to her comic counterpart, but I guess it helps that Emilia Clarke is an important actor. I was also hoping that the deaths would’ve lead to something…but instead I’m stuck being in a world where the only good Maria Hill is dead. Overall the show was still good, but it’s definitely not better than Loki, WandaVision, and Ms. Marvel (aka the new mutant). I wonder how The Marvels, Armor Wars, Ironheart, and probably Spidey himself will be affected by this….as I continue my path toward the “never forgiving Marvel for killing the best Maria Hill” squad.

Also with the Bayo 3 part (if it helps a tad bit), Bayonetta Origins does make some of the story make sense…even if it doesn’t fix the Viola specific parts

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The demo for Red 2 is coming out today, and this is a fan game I’ve been really looking forward to.

It should be really worth playing, so when it drops check it out!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
View attachment 375122

So are we still doing animatronics or are we just now in the spooky killer robot possessed by malevolent spirits train?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It was odd that G’iah got such a massive promotion of importance compared to her comic counterpart, but I guess it helps that Emilia Clarke is an important actor. I was also hoping that the deaths would’ve lead to something…but instead I’m stuck being in a world where the only good Maria Hill is dead. Overall the show was still good, but it’s definitely not better than Loki, WandaVision, and Ms. Marvel (aka the new mutant). I wonder how The Marvels, Armor Wars, Ironheart, and probably Spidey himself will be affected by this….as I continue my path toward the “never forgiving Marvel for killing the best Maria Hill” squad.

Also with the Bayo 3 part (if it helps a tad bit), Bayonetta Origins does make some of the story make sense…even if it doesn’t fix the Viola specific parts
I was hoping there'd be some sort of "all according to plan" moment where it revealed that Maria Hill and/or Talos were still alive, and Fury beats Gravik through manipulating him or some kind of master plan, but it ultimately boiled down to pure luck, with Fury having little to nothing to do with the defeat of Gravik, and if not for something that none of them had any control over, Gravik would be an unstoppable juggernaut and he would have obliterated the Earth in the span of hours at best. (seriously, if Gravik had just dragged "Fury" out of the chamber before starting it, then everyone would be doomed)

Glad to hear that about Bayonetta Origins - I bought it, but the ending of Bayo 3 left such a bad taste in my mouth, and I'm concerned that it's going to double down on the aspects that people hated about Bayonetta 3's ending. (claiming that Bayonetta and Luka are destined to fall in love in every single universe, establishing that Bayonetta and Jeanne are permanently dead, etc.) I know that Singularity is involved at some point, and given the utterly random inclusion of Lukaon, a Luka variant who's also a fairy king, in Bayonetta 3, I'm guessing he'll be involved in this as well. Still, I'll give it a shot.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I've only raced on the new Koopa Cape one time so I'm not sure what the differences between them are besides the anti-grav stuff in the tunnel, unless that specifically ruined it.
It feels so ****ing claustrophobic in the underwater section, I SWEAR it felt less cramped up on the Wii but I genuinely can't stand it, it drives me insane and puts me on edge

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What is Red 2?
A sequel to Kanto thet aims to reshape the region, plot, and more:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
One of the trailers they showed before the Barbie screening was for the Wonka movie.

It looks so bland and generic, Hollywood is creatively bankrupt, I hope this strike succeeds and makes them finally change direction

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I was hoping there'd be some sort of "all according to plan" moment where it revealed that Maria Hill and/or Talos were still alive, and Fury beats Gravik through manipulating him or some kind of master plan, but it ultimately boiled down to pure luck, with Fury having little to nothing to do with the defeat of Gravik, and if not for something that none of them had any control over, Gravik would be an unstoppable juggernaut and he would have obliterated the Earth in the span of hours at best. (seriously, if Gravik had just dragged "Fury" out of the chamber before starting it, then everyone would be doomed)

Glad to hear that about Bayonetta Origins - I bought it, but the ending of Bayo 3 left such a bad taste in my mouth, and I'm concerned that it's going to double down on the aspects that people hated about Bayonetta 3's ending. (claiming that Bayonetta and Luka are destined to fall in love in every single universe, establishing that Bayonetta and Jeanne are permanently dead, etc.) I know that Singularity is involved at some point, and given the utterly random inclusion of Lukaon, a Luka variant who's also a fairy king, in Bayonetta 3, I'm guessing he'll be involved in this as well. Still, I'll give it a shot.
When it comes to Gravik’s downfall, I was hoping Nick found a way to talk him out of being a full on psycho ****** before somehow taking him down without powers. That and him being dumb enough to not see through G’iah’s Fury disguise was odd. Also I gotta note how that president is definitely gonna get ****ed over by Ross and Cap. Sucks that Talks is dead as well. He was a highlight.

Bayo 3 wise, everything involving Singularity, Lukaon, as well as that entire world is explored through to. The game even explains further the importance Chesire (both the toy and the nickname given to Luka) has towards Cereza. Tho while 3 sets it up so that she and Luka are destined to be lovers forever, Origins only has it set up so that they’re merely destined to always be connected (with and without romance being involved). For the most part, Origins was a bit of damage control that should’ve released before 3.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
A sequel to Kanto thet aims to reshape the region, plot, and more:
Ah, okay

Sounds cool

Reactions: Z25

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
One of the trailers they showed before the Barbie screening was for the Wonka movie.

It looks so bland and generic, Hollywood is creatively bankrupt, I hope this strike succeeds and makes them finally change direction
Tbh it seems ok, nothing more, dunno why Wonka has an American accent but whatever. I will say it was ****ing hilarious going "Ooooh I like that" when the trailer said 'by the director of Paddington' only to ****ing get suckerpunched with 'by the producers of harry p*tter'

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Tbh it seems ok, nothing more, dunno why Wonka has an American accent but whatever. I will say it was ****ing hilarious going "Ooooh I like that" when the trailer said 'by the director of Paddington' only to ****ing get suckerpunched with 'by the producers of harry p*tter'
To be fair the producers aren't the ones funding anti trans organizations as far as I know

Top Bottom