• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Valley Peaks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Helder Pinto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Just had to make one last comment on this topic-

The mean girl trope has been overplayed to death. It's subversive because you'd expect a pretty person to be nice, but she's not! Wacky!

And I'm not saying no one can do anything interesting with it anymore (the *****-y older sister from Encanto is a more recent example of the trope done right) but it takes more than the most basic portrayal of these archetypes.

It's like how stupid sitcom dads were originally parodies of old school TV fathers who were always wise and had all the answers, but now they've become a trope themselves.
The only thing I wanna say is that Hollywood needs to stop gaslighting us into believing that glasses somehow make ladies ugly.

They don't.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
IDK but Kaeloo's name sound like how GoAnimate text-to-speech voices pronounce Caillou.
Possible inspiration?
IDK, maybe? Both shows are at least partially (or in Kaeloo's place, entirely) rooted in France. And both shows have some morally ambiguous characters

Though you don't see Caillou walking around with chainsaws and bazookas so...

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Now this whole Netflix thing has me curious: what is the end goal of streaming services? Like, they existed to bring media onto the digital front. This idea worked because it was convienent, it saved trips to rental stores(RIP), and it was basically an "On Demand" except it wasn't restricted to your cable network, as well as being pretty cheap. Now when they strip all convience away and then start raising prices, again I have to ask, what exactly is the endgoal here? Services as a whole already losing subscribers fast and I just can't see a way these tactics are sustainable

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Now this whole Netflix thing has me curious: what is the end goal of streaming services? Like, they existed to bring media onto the digital front. This idea worked because it was convienent, it saved trips to rental stores(RIP), and it was basically an "On Demand" except it wasn't restricted to your cable network, as well as being pretty cheap. Now when they strip all convience away and then start raising prices, again I have to ask, what exactly is the endgoal here? Services as a whole already losing subscribers fast and I just can't see a way these tactics are sustainable
Cable 2: Electric Boogaloo

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
The endgoal is very simple:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Well, seeing the latest trailer of Ruby Gillman Teenage Kraken has me sold to see it next month.
Screenshot_20230522_080022_YouTube.jpg

I just wonder how Disney's live action movie is going to handle it's box office release?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I just wonder how Disney's live action movie is going to handle it's box office release?
I would assume pretty well. The movie looks boring, but the average audience doesn't really care for that. Little Mermaid is a very popular film + Halle Bailey is pretty big name. It's gonna do fime.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
We can complain about Disney's live action remakes all we want, but we gotta remember that Big D keeps making them because people keep going to see them.

They're always forgotten within a week (except by angry internet nerds), but they sell tickets.
Makes me wonder how many live-action remakes it'll take before numbers and profits start dropping and Disney decides to stop making them, if at all for the foreseeable future.

Some of them do still have an audience, but lately the quality of them seems to have been getting progressively worse with each remake.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
We can complain about Disney's live action remakes all we want, but we gotta remember that Big D keeps making them because people keep going to see them.

They're always forgotten within a week (except by angry internet nerds), but they sell tickets.
The Live Action remakes appeal to the biggest demographic that the internet always seems to forget is there

Families who have nothing else better to do on a weekend.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Disney is gonna make live-action remakes for all their movies aren't they...

Boy can't wait for the live-action remake of Frozen, Chicken Little, and Zootopia!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
final trailer
This movie is gonna be such a trainwreck. Lol.
How the hell would live action Zootopia even work, if I wanted to see live animal cops partake in racism, I'd just go to a right wing furry convention.
CGI animals. CGI animals everywhere!

That was the case with The Lion King (2019).

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Noipoi

Howdy!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Don't toy with me like this Nintendo.
Tekken director Katsuhiro Harada said Pokémon have the say on whether or not we get a sequel.

Do the right thing, TPC

Last edited:
Top Bottom