• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
As awkward or embarrassing as it can be to explain internet culture to parents who aren't up to speed with said culture...I feel like the exact same thing is gonna happen when we get older and have younger relatives following or even actively creating a new modern culture and new trends of their own, while we're going to be confused about a lot of new stuff.'

Heck, similar things have almost certainly happened with numerous previous generations. Only difference is most of those generations didn't have the internet at all yet.

Last edited:

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
tbh I find the best approach(unless your relatives have shown themselves to be closed minded individuals, like how my grandparents and coworkers are) is to rip the bandaid of potential anxiety off as early as possible. they might not understand, but it doesn't matter, long as it isn't a strictly negative reaction(like when I told them I was gay then recently told them my nonbinary ness)

I once had to explain to my internet savvy mom that furries aren't just a fetish thing.

That was fun.
too be fair there is a huge amount of overlap so I don't blame them

TheCJBrine

Pranked!
Undertale Yellow is out now, with a cool trailer:

Also the next Project Voltage song was released; “Fly in the Sky With You” by Kasamura Tota, featuring Miku and Luka:

Based on a translation summary I’ve seen: it’s a song about a Mudkip who’s friends with a Pelipper. It chooses to stay unevolved so they can continue to fly together, since Pelipper wouldn’t be able to hold it. Littleroot Town’s theme is used for the music.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
my family knows about Adam22…and we all feel bad for him

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
As awkward or embarrassing as it can be to explain internet culture to parents who aren't up to speed with said culture...I feel like the exact same thing is gonna happen when we get older and have younger relatives following or even actively creating a new modern culture and new trends of their own, while we're going to be confused about a lot of new stuff.'

Heck, similar things have almost certainly happened with numerous previous generations. Only difference is most of those generations didn't have the internet at all yet.
I'm almost 26 and I'm already feeling it, I see white children say **** like 'stick out your skibidi gyatt for the rizzler' and I get scared

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
My mom teaches little kids so she's well aware of internet lingo. Se was sick of Among Us like 3 days in the school year a couple years ago.

She's also somehow aware of the foot fetish meme and a specific content creator website that I can't say here which makes me wonder what on earth are these kids getting into.

Or it could be my younger sister who has 0 filter on what flies out of her mouth. Gen Z, am I right.
I'm almost 26 and I'm already feeling it, I see white children say **** like 'stick out your skibidi gyatt for the rizzler' and I get scared
Tbh I'm sick of it as well cause majority of it are terms from the black community and seeing these white kids butcher the **** out if it gets on my nerves.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
How much do I have to pay you to NEVER say that again?
Don't worry I never plan on doing it
Tbh I'm sick of it as well cause majority of it are terms from the black community and seeing these white kids butcher the **** out if it gets on my nerves.
Yeah I'm no expert on AAVE, literally a white woman, but I thought rizz was short for charisma and gyatt was for goddamn, I just don't understand why people would use words they don't understand and then freak the **** out finding out lean isn't just some funny looking lemonade and zaza isn't pizza

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
At least part of that sentence wouldn't have happened if it were for the singing Half-Life 2 and CSS toilets.

Erm, well, at least I think it wouldn't. Song of origin aside, I'm still not entirely sure if "skibidi" is actually a real word.

Last Rizzmas, I gave you my Gyatt
But the very next day
You went to Ohio
Where the hell did the the "Only in Ohio" meme and all memes about Ohio being an Eldritch Location even start in the first place?

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, after the Pokemon DLC hype dies down, I think I'm gonna pick up the Dragon Quest Monsters game that just launched for Switch.

I need my monster collecting fix, man, and if Indigo Disc is about Teal Mask's length... ya that'll last like 2 days.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The Slayer of the Demons season Swordsmith Arc watched.

Wasn't as good as the last two imo, and I think it's cause the two Hashiras aren't anywhere near as interesting as Zenitsu and Inosuke (and tbh are weak compared to Tengen and Rengoku). That said, still fun stuff.

Top Bottom