• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I see that Godzilla Minus One is showing in the theater near me, so I might go see that after work. I've never seen a Godzilla movie in theaters before, and this seems like a good place to start.

(between this and Jawan, I've been watching more foreign/subtitled films in theaters this year than I expected, even if it's only two of them)

Last edited:
Reactions: ---

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Samba de Amigo, Super Monkey Ball, Alex Kidd, Streets of Rage, House of the Dead, Panzer Dragoon, Shenmue, Golden Axe, Jet Set Radio, Crazy Taxi, and Shinobi. All either have gotten or will be getting new games or remakes within recent memory. Sure, there’s more they could be doing, but we’ve gotten to SeGod status without even realizing it.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
This whole Pizza Tower vs Cocoon **** that PT fans are seething about makes me realize just how much petty gamer fights could be prevented if people just... played video games. Instead it's just
View attachment 381473
In all fairness I had never even heard of cocoon before the awards last night.

But also who cares about who actually wins the awards? Its all about what gets announced at the show.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
In all fairness I had never even heard of cocoon before the awards last night.
It's pretty niche and came out like right at the deadline but it hit the buzzer beater. From what I heard it genuinelly deserved it
But also who cares about who actually wins the awards? Its all about what gets announced at the show.
The developers care, it's a testiment to their hard work. What pisses me off is how fans just dismiss the hard work done on the other nominees because their favorite didn't win, especially in a category like Indie games, which is what PT fans are doing.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
It's pretty niche and came out like right at the deadline but it hit the buzzer beater. From what I heard it genuinelly deserved it

The developers care, it's a testiment to their hard work. What pisses me off is how fans just dismiss the hard work done on the other nominees because their favorite didn't win, especially in a category like Indie games, which is what PT fans are doing.
Eh. I'm so used to awards shows like the oscars which so rarely actually reflect the quality or belovedness of a piece of work that I just can't fathom actually caring.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
If Cocoon deserved the win, then it deserved the win. Congrats to the devs for winning it.

I'm just surprised Pizza Tower didn't win since I hadn't heard of Cocoon either and because of all the sheer praise I've heard PT get over like the past whole year.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
New Ultimate Tourney

Fighter's Pass 3 Confirm1111!!

EDIT: Also there will be new Spirits
ngl I want that image as a wallpaper or something... i'd set it on my laptop

just, the text kinda distracts from the wallpaper quality

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
If Cocoon deserved the win, then it deserved the win. Congrats to the devs for winning it.

I'm just surprised Pizza Tower didn't win since I hadn't heard of Cocoon either and because of all the sheer praise I've heard PT get over like the past whole year.
Tbf Cocoon was also a buzzer beater game, like it made it in just before the deadline. It's also a much more niche game whereas Pizza Tower was le funny maymay game.

Also, TGA voting is not a straight popularity contest, they have a panel of judges which makes up 90% of the vote where as we make up 10% aside from Players Choice. Which is for the better cause otherwise you'd have an uber popular game like Genshin win every award.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Looking at gameplay of cocoon, yeah I can see why it won, **** is beautiful

I may be barking up the wrong tree but most of the praise I saw for pizza Tower were memes and memes don't really mean much in the scheme of Game Awards

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm playing Temtem again and I'm reminded how terrible my character's name is.

I hate that the names I wanted were either already taken by others or weren't allowed with the game's naming restrictions.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Sean Gunn is playing Maxwell Lord in the DCU starting with a background appearance in Superman: Legacy

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Spent too much time on these but decided to write out a bunch of ideas for new Pokémon moves if anyone’s interested
Normal: Reality Check (Status)
10 PP, BP -, 100% Accuracy
The user snaps aggressively at the target, breaking them out of confusion or sleep. This move also nullifies all stat changes the target is experiencing.

Fire: Fire Pit (Status)
10 PP, - BP, 90% Accuracy
the user surrounds the target in a ring of fire for 3 turns, causing the target to be burned if it uses moves that make contact. The ring stays up even with another Pokémon is switched in.

Fighting: Pressure Poke (Special)
10 PP, 35 BP, 80% Accuracy
This deceptively low power move has the user seeking out and striking an opponent’s pressure point, disabling an opponent’s highest BP/lowest PP move for 3-5 turns.

Water: Rinse Cycle (Physical)
15 PP, 75 BP, 100% Accuracy
The user sends the user into a whirlpool that deals damage to the target but also cures them of their status condition. This attack does no damage if used on an ally unless it is Fire, Rock, Ground or Poison.

Flying: Feather Fling (Physical)
15 PP, 90 BP, 100% Accuracy
The user throws a barrage of razor sharp feathers from its wings. If this move is used more than once in succession, it will lose its Flying type for 2 turns.

Grass: Weed Whack (Physical)
15 PP, 65 BP, 90% Accuracy
The user grows hard weeds out of the ground to attack the target, aiming to land a critical hit. Seeds left behind by this attack will steal some HP from the target every turn.

Poison: Contaminate (Status)
10 PP, - BP, 100% Accuracy
The user sends out a poison cloud that contaminates all berries and consumable items to poison the holders upon use. Pecha Berries are immune to this move.

Electric: Shock Strike (Physical)
15 PP, 85 BP, 100% Accuracy
The user jumps behind the opponent with lightning flash speed and strikes them from behind. This may also make the target flinch.

Ground: Mud Bath (Status)
10 PP, - BP, -% Accuracy
the user sinks itself into the ground and encases itself in healing mud, regaining up to half of its max HP. It restores more HP in rain.

Psychic: Telekinetic Toss (Physical)
20 PP, - BP, 100% Accuracy
The user lifts the opposing Pokémon with psychic energy and slams them into the ground with damage dependent on their weight. In Double Battles, this move drops the opponent onto their ally, equally splitting the damage between the two.

Rock: Carat Claw (Physical)
10 PP, 80 BP, 100% Accuracy
The user strikes the opponent with diamond encrusted claws. This move boosts the users Defense.

Ice: Ice Block (Status)
10 PP, - BP, -% Accuracy
The user freezes itself and it’s ally in blocks of ice for 5 turns. This maxes out the Def and Sp Def of both Pokémon but prevents the use of moves that make contact. If an encased Pokémon uses or is hit by a Fire-type move, one turn of being encased is lost.

Bug: Net Swing (Physical)
20 PP, 65 BP, 100% Accuracy
The user hits the target with a Bug Catcher’s net and may also steal the target's held item. This move is super effective on Fairy types.

Dragon: Hydra Head (Physical)
10 PP, BP, -% Accuracy
The user rushes in and attacks with its strong head. If the user faints after this move is used, it’s spirit takes over the replacement Pokémon and its ally, giving both a sharp boost in Atk and Sp. Atk.

Ghost: Ghoul Duel (Status)
The user makes a taunting expression that riles up all Ghost type opponents, focusing on the user. All Ghost-Type Pokémon can only target each other for 3 turns or until at least one Pokémon faints

Dark: Doomerang (Physical)
the user throws a sinister boomerang that attacks the target and flys off. If the move causes the target to faint, the boomerang returns to strike the replacing opponent on the beginning of the turn.

Steel: Acupuncture (Status)
20 PP, - BP, -% Accuracy
The user lays a trap of levitating needles around the opposing team. The trap damages opposing Pokémon that switch into battle.

Fairy: Shining Smite (Physical)
15 PP, 80 BP, 100% Accuracy
the user attacks by slicing with a sword created with fairy magic. This attack can cut through any defensive boosts on the target.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Spent too much time on these but decided to write out a bunch of ideas for new Pokémon moves if anyone’s interested
Normal: Reality Check (Status)
10 PP, BP -, 100% Accuracy
The user snaps aggressively at the target, breaking them out of confusion or sleep. This move also nullifies all stat changes the target is experiencing.

Fire: Fire Pit (Status)
10 PP, - BP, 90% Accuracy
the user surrounds the target in a ring of fire for 3 turns, causing the target to be burned if it uses moves that make contact. The ring stays up even with another Pokémon is switched in.

Fighting: Pressure Poke (Special)
10 PP, 35 BP, 80% Accuracy
This deceptively low power move has the user seeking out and striking an opponent’s pressure point, disabling an opponent’s highest BP/lowest PP move for 3-5 turns.

Water: Rinse Cycle (Physical)
15 PP, 75 BP, 100% Accuracy
The user sends the user into a whirlpool that deals damage to the target but also cures them of their status condition. This attack does no damage if used on an ally unless it is Fire, Rock, Ground or Poison.

Flying: Feather Fling (Physical)
15 PP, 90 BP, 100% Accuracy
The user throws a barrage of razor sharp feathers from its wings. If this move is used more than once in succession, it will lose its Flying type for 2 turns.

Grass: Weed Whack (Physical)
The user grows hard weeds out of the ground to attack the target, aiming to land a critical hit. Seeds left behind by this attack will steal some HP from the target every turn.

Poison: Contaminate (Status)
The user sends out a poison cloud that contaminates all berries and consumable items to poison the holders upon use. Pecha Berries are immune to this move.

Electric: Shock Strike (Physical)
15 PP, 85 BP, 100% Accuracy
The user jumps behind the opponent with lightning flash speed and strikes them from behind. This may also make the target flinch.

Ground: Mud Bath (Status)
10 PP, - BP, -% Accuracy
the user sinks itself into the ground and encases itself in healing mud, regaining up to half of its max HP. It restores more HP in rain.

Psychic: Telekinetic Toss (Physical)
20 PP, - BP, 100% Accuracy
The user lifts the opposing Pokémon with psychic energy and slams them into the ground with damage dependent on their weight. In Double Battles, this move drops the opponent onto their ally, equally splitting the damage between the two.

Rock: Carat Claw (Physical)
10 PP, 80 BP, 100% Accuracy
The user strikes the opponent with diamond encrusted claws. This move boosts the users Defense.

Ice: Ice Block (Status)
10 PP, - BP, -% Accuracy
The user freezes itself and it’s ally in blocks of ice for 5 turns. This maxes out the Def and Sp Def of both Pokémon but prevents the use of moves that make contact. If an encased Pokémon uses or is hit by a Fire-type move, one turn of being encased is lost.

Bug: Net Swing (Physical)
20 PP, 65 BP, 100% Accuracy
The user hits the target with a Bug Catcher’s net and may also steal the target's held item. This move is super effective on Fairy types.

Dragon: Hydra Head (Physical)
10 PP, BP, -% Accuracy
The user rushes in and attacks with its strong head. If the user faints after this move is used, it’s spirit takes over the replacement Pokémon and its ally, giving both a sharp boost in Atk and Sp. Atk.

Ghost: Ghoul Duel (Status)
The user makes a taunting expression that riles up all Ghost type opponents, focusing on the user. All Ghost-Type Pokémon can only target each other for 3 turns or until at least one Pokémon faints

Dark: Doomerang (Physical)
the user throws a sinister boomerang that attacks the target and flys off. If the move causes the target to faint, the boomerang returns to strike the replacing opponent on the beginning of the turn.

Steel: Acupuncture (Status)
20 PP, - BP, -% Accuracy
The user lays a trap of levitating needles around the opposing team. The trap damages opposing Pokémon that switch into battle.

Fairy: Shining Smite (Physical)
15 PP, 80 BP, 100% Accuracy
the user attacks by slicing with a sword created with fairy magic. This attack can cut through any defensive boosts on the target.
I saw that Crocker reference

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Looking at gameplay of cocoon, yeah I can see why it won, **** is beautiful

I may be barking up the wrong tree but most of the praise I saw for pizza Tower were memes and memes don't really mean much in the scheme of Game Awards
Is this the part where I say that the PT memes have never made me laugh once.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm kinda feeling that Zacian and Zamazenta are gonna get 5* raids in the future... If only cause they're absent from the DLC, and like Palkia/Dialga, have games that they still want you to buy.

So making them as part of a timed event would make sense.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm kinda feeling that Zacian and Zamazenta are gonna get 5* raids in the future... If only cause they're absent from the DLC, and like Palkia/Dialga, have games that they still want you to buy.

So making them as part of a timed event would make sense.
tfw Reshiram and Xekrom get 5* Raids just before Pokemon Day 2024

peppino reaction.png

Shroob

Sup?
Ngl Tinder hunting for 2 hours would be a lot less painful than SwSh again for 2 hours.

Like you're doing this to yourself.

Also SwSh is 2 hours long? Ain't no way (actually it's believable)
You don't actually have to beat the game to get it. As soon as you shoo away Glastrier/Spectrier to the mountain, you can get it, and considering you can access the Crown Tundra before you even enter the wild area for the first time, yeah it ain't 'that' bad.

tfw Reshiram and Xekrom get 5* Raids just before Pokemon Day 2024

View attachment 381477
But they and Kyurem are available in the DLC. 🤔

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
You don't actually have to beat the game to get it. As soon as you shoo away Glastrier/Spectrier to the mountain, you can get it, and considering you can access the Crown Tundra before you even enter the wild area for the first time, yeah it ain't 'that' bad.

But they and Kyurem are available in the DLC. 🤔
DLC: Reshiram in Scarlet and Zekrom in Violet

Raids: Zekrom in Scarlet and Reshiram in Violet

download (31).jpeg
Checkmate atheist

KillerCage

Smash Master
I see that Godzilla Minus One is showing in the theater near me, so I might go see that after work. I've never seen a Godzilla movie in theaters before, and this seems like a good place to start.

(between this and Jawan, I've been watching more foreign/subtitled films in theaters this year than I expected, even if it's only two of them)
You're in for a treat if you go see it.
I'm actually think of seeing the film again this time with my brother or my best friend if they're interested.

StormC

Smash Hero

It's a great intro to Godzilla. Just a fantastic blockbuster in all aspects.

Top Bottom