• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
SEGA resurgence and I got to say three things to Arlo. Pretty ok night.
Check this out, guys!

Really hope other SEGA IPs return too. NiGHTS into Dreams, Ristar, Alex Kidd, non Online Phantasy Star, Billy Hatcher, Vectorman, Virtua Fighter, Skies of Arcadia, all of these seem like good candidates for expansion.

But these five were definitely the big ones to hit right away. Hope they end up really good!

I really should play those Panzer Dragoon and House of the Dead remakes. And that new Samba de Amigo game…

hang on, are we approaching the SEGA equivalent of Cap-God?

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Oh yeah DBZ Budokai 4 looks fun, can't wait.

Oh wait yeah I can, I don't have a PS5. Silly me (please give me money y'all I need it for surgery funds)
Be a normal person and collect the Dragon Balls instead. It’s how we all solve our problems

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Kingdom Hearts fans going through another year with no KH4 news
To be expected considering the wait between KH3's announcement and release.

Main thing to be looking out for next year is Missing Link.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
To be expected considering the wait between KH3's announcement and release.

Main thing to be looking out for next year is Missing Link.
You're right but Missing Link is gonna be another gacha game with Pokemon Go features which is a hard sell unless you're a hardcore fan. I can imagine most won't care for that one, but it's plot relevant cause of course it is.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
You're right but Missing Link is gonna be another gacha game with Pokemon Go features which is a hard sell unless you're a hardcore fan. I can imagine most won't care for that one, but it's plot relevant cause of course it is.
Well people in the current beta seem to be saying it looks like you can basically play it in your room without needing to actually do the GPS stuff.

I'm hoping to see for myself if I get into the beta for android users.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yeah, maybe if a hot blue haired billionare with cool tech **** entred my life then I could find them, but they just don't exist. I mean if anyone wants to prove me wrong then my dms are open.
you can always take the “take too many years of my life to find some balls” path like filler characters do

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Wasn't expecting much from the awards, heck wasn't originally planning on watching until very last minute. The SEGA stuff was cool.... lots of the other stuff was very samey. I was playing Powerwash Simulator so I kind of only half payed attention unless something caught my eye. Would have been neat if more interesting stuff happened but I guess that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Oh yeah, that new Mana game looks cool.

I really enjoyed Trials of Mana so I'm looking forward to Visions.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
You know I hadn't realized how good SEGA fans had been eating for a while... The Alex Kidd, Monkey Ball, Panzer Dragoon, and House of the Dead remakes all like... happened. Plus Sonic has been pretty... and we got Streets of Rage 4 and Shenmue 3. Looks like SEGA isn't as afraid of their old games anymore.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Tried a bit of 1080 Snowboarding.

Soundtrack is kind of catchy.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Finally got Sonic Dream Team running on my phone! I'm playing it with my wireless xbox controller and that makes the experience really smooth. The camera's a little dodgy but considering it has to work on just a flat piece of glass, I'd say it's doing a pretty good job!

So far the game is really fun! Going for all the Dream Orbs could potentially be tedious but like... not any more tedious than the collectathon Mario games. Plus it's free! Especially since I have a free month of Apple Arcade since I've never used it before and I can probably finish this in a month.

It would be great if this got a Steam or console port, but right now I'm really digging this game.

osby

Smash Obsessed
The camera's a little dodgy but considering it has to work on just a flat piece of glass, I'd say it's doing a pretty good job!
I'm going to tell you something about TVs that's gonna blow your mind.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Waiting for the warframe cross save update is like waiting for a pot of gold to appear. I will finally merge my switch account to my xbox.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I think I'm going to give Monster Hunter Rise a shot - I couldn't get into Monster Hunter Tri despite multiple attempts (I found the controls to be too clunky and couldn't find a weapon type that worked for me), but I'm hoping that Rise will be more accessible for newcomers.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I think I'm going to give Monster Hunter Rise a shot - I couldn't get into Monster Hunter Tri despite multiple attempts (I found the controls to be too clunky and couldn't find a weapon type that worked for me), but I'm hoping that Rise will be more accessible for newcomers.
Oh, Rise is absolutely welcoming of new players. Gathering quests are few in numbers compared to previous entries and a lot of clunky animations (most notably for looting and mining ore) have been sped up considerably. The monsters also deal less damage and go down much quicker in single-player.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
flys down from the heavens Hello, Monster Hunter Shill here, 100% give rise a play. It takes everything from the old games and makes them better. Like faster animations, no need for cold drinks is a BIG one for me

Last edited:
Top Bottom