• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

Shroob

Sup?
When I'm an anime villian and my ultimate attack connects but somehow misses my opponent's vital organs
View attachment 381479
It's even funnier when there's a scene directly after where the villain's outright confused what happens next.

Was catching up on Jojo recently and there's an actually hilarious scene in Part 8 where the villain is like "Uhm, well, what now..."

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
You're in for a treat if you go see it.
I'm actually think of seeing the film again this time with my brother or my best friend if they're interested.
It's a great intro to Godzilla. Just a fantastic blockbuster in all aspects.
Just got back from it - I enjoyed it.

I'm surprised at how open they were about criticizing the Japanese government and their lack of concern for the lives of the military. It was a good look at survivor's guilt and found family.

Also, I know Godzilla's unambiguously evil (or at least animalistic and extremely territorial) in this one, but when this song started, I got a big grin on my face, and I'm only vaguely familiar with Godzilla.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Was anyone else like, really into Angry Birds as a kid. I played the games all the time on my phone and I drew the characters all the time too. Honestly I think how easy they were to draw was half the reason I liked the games so much.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It's even funnier when there's a scene directly after where the villain's outright confused what happens next.

Was catching up on Jojo recently and there's an actually hilarious scene in Part 8 where the villain is like "Uhm, well, what now..."
Anime villains (and villains in general) when their "ultimate attack" doesn't kill the protagonists:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Was anyone else like, really into Angry Birds as a kid. I played the games all the time on my phone and I drew the characters all the time too. Honestly I think how easy they were to draw was half the reason I liked the games so much.
I wasn’t obsessed with it, but I did like it a lot.

That’s why I gave the movie a chance when it eventually came around.

Big mistake…

Noipoi

Howdy!
YouTube keeps recommending me a bunch of videos on talking to woman and relationship advice. Despite me looking at nothing remotely close prior or that even being in my search history.

the hell you got going on YouTube?
They're telling you to get laid

Reactions: Z25

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
YouTube keeps recommending me a bunch of videos on talking to woman and relationship advice. Despite me looking at nothing remotely close prior or that even being in my search history.

the hell you got going on YouTube?
The same thing that's causing Youtube to play ads about fake military survival flashlights and ads claiming that appliances and tools that have existed for 30 years or longer are brand new inventions engineered by genius college students.

StormC

Smash Hero
Saint Seiya is like the OG “characters lose ridiculous amounts of blood and keep fighting” shonen series

There’s at least one story arc where all the Saints literally die one by one before saying “guess what I lived”

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I was.

That's not a hyperfixation that's ever coming back

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I've been joking about not knowing what Christmas is because I'm Jewish and have lived in Israel most of my life but I'm actually in a country that celebrates Christmas during that time for the first time in my life. My mom and sister even put up a Christmas tree and plan on celebrating it, because even though we're Jewish my mom spent some time in the US as a kid and has an obsession with Christmas because of it.

Not me though, I'm too Jewish to celebrate Christmas even though there's not a religious bone in my body

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'n from an agnostic family that would celebrate Chirstmas non-religiously just because we could. It was a lot more exciting to me when I was a kid though.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
View attachment 381490

This fanart.

This fanart convinced me to pick Sobble after seeing the potential it had. I obviously knew it wouldn’t turn into exactly this, but if it was even close to this type of design I was all in.

And to this day it’s one of my biggest regrets :090:
Me thinking Chespin would be a cool Grass Dark type and picking it instead of that dumb frog which clearly becomes a bulky Fighting type

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I've been joking about not knowing what Christmas is because I'm Jewish and have lived in Israel most of my life but I'm actually in a country that celebrates Christmas during that time for the first time in my life. My mom and sister even put up a Christmas tree and plan on celebrating it, because even though we're Jewish my mom spent some time in the US as a kid and has an obsession with Christmas because of it.

Not me though, I'm too Jewish to celebrate Christmas even though there's not a religious bone in my body
Oh yeah and we're not getting presents. If we were I'd be down, but my mom understandably doesn't want to deal with that so lol

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Maybe it's cause I'm used to being alone for christmas but it doesn't feel like it? Sure, my country has Racist Saint Nick 20 days earlier but I haven't even heard the Mariah Carey song unless you count Elphelt's new theme having a snippet of it in there
I have no clue what the context for that first thing is, but regarding Mariah Carey, I guess it just depends on where you;re at or what local radio stations you've got.

Retail stores supposedly play it a lot. And I hear it along with a number of other specific songs played on a few radio stations almost daily for the duration of December (and often even late November).

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I have no clue what the context for that first thing is, but regarding Mariah Carey, I guess it just depends on where you;re at or what local radio stations you've got.

Retail stores supposedly play it a lot. And I hear it along with a number of other specific songs played on a few radio stations almost daily for the duration of December (and often even late November).
On the 5th of December, we celebrate Sinterklaas which is where Santa came from. Despite the origins being a Turkish dude, this holiday has traditionally been celebrated in the most racist way possible

Top Bottom