• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
The Slayer of the Demons season Swordsmith Arc watched.

Wasn't as good as the last two imo, and I think it's cause the two Hashiras aren't anywhere near as interesting as Zenitsu and Inosuke (and tbh are weak compared to Tengen and Rengoku). That said, still fun stuff.
I think the arc suffered the most from pacing issues, too. A lot of the flashback scenes were inserted rather poorly and ruined the flow of the fights.

And even though I still like her, Mitsuri really didn't need to be there.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I think the arc suffered the most from pacing issues, too. A lot of the flashback scenes were inserted rather poorly and ruined the flow of the fights.

And even though I still like her, Mitsuri really didn't need to be there.
Having 3 new characters to go through 11 episodes is what killed the pacing, the Hashiras and the dude with black hair never really got proper introductions. Like you said, Misuri kinda got the worst end cause not only does she not do anything til the very end, but her backstory was laughable. Mist dude kinda got shafted too cause he fought a joke villian (he felt like one) and then was out of commison for the rest if the season.

Genya was cool though, definitely felt the most complete. Mitsuri's fighting style was dope too shame what happens to her next though

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Wasn't as good as the last two imo, and I think it's cause the two Hashiras aren't anywhere near as interesting as Zenitsu and Inosuke (and tbh are weak compared to Tengen and Rengoku). That said, still fun stuff.
No one has the big **** energy Rengoku has
No Im not sad he died the way he did
Im fine i promise

🫠

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Having 3 new characters to go through 11 episodes is what killed the pacing, the Hashiras and the dude with black hair never really got proper introductions. Like you said, Misuri kinda got the worst end cause not only does she not do anything til the very end, but her backstory was laughable. Mist dude kinda got shafted too cause he fought a joke villian (he felt like one) and then was out of commison for the rest if the season.

Genya was cool though, definitely felt the most complete. Mitsuri's fighting style was dope too shame what happens to her next though
The final arc really had no chill with killing people off

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Been watching more Minecraft mod videos, and recently learned about one called The Cave Dweller.

The uh, mob it add isn't necessarily frighting to look at just by itself...but quite literally everything else about it seems to have earned a fair reputation as one of Minecraft's best horror mods.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Been watching more Minecraft mod videos, and recently learned about one called The Cave Dweller.

The uh, mod it add isn't entirely inherently frighting to look at just by itself...but quite literally everything else about it seems to have earned a fair reputation as one of Minecraft's best horror mods.
There's multiple versions of it tbf. The monster comes in various forms depending on which version you get.

It also has an above ground cousin in the man in the mist.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
There's multiple versions of it tbf. The monster comes in various forms depending on which version you get.

It also has an above ground cousin in the man in the mist.
There's also the Night Dweller, right? Or is that the same one as the mist one?

I watched a video of two players trying to survive it and a Goatman mob in a forest at the same time earlier.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The Angry Birds Movie would have been better if they had kept the characters without limbs and basically did what VeggieTales did in terms of movement and object handling.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Elphelt Arcade mode in a nutshell
20231210_110422.jpg

They're talking about Demon Slayer, AKA mid
A friend of mine hates anime but has recently said he wants to give Demon Slayer a shot funny enough. He didn't care for FMAB after a single episode (which tbf I don't get why they started on a ****ing filler villain instead of where the manga starts) but damn

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Elphelt Arcade mode in a nutshell
View attachment 381530

A friend of mine hates anime but has recently said he wants to give Demon Slayer a shot funny enough. He didn't care for FMAB after a single episode (which tbf I don't get why they started on a ****ing filler villain instead of where the manga starts) but damn
I don't understand the insane popularity of this show. It is every generic shonen put in a blender with a touch of Jojo part 1 (Read: it has the vampires and just calls them a different name) with some very cookie cutter character writing and nonexistent worldbuilding. The only thing that makes it remotely stand out is the fight animation and even then I find that's something other modern shonen do better

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Oh yeah, Demon Slayer Hashira Training Arc starts airing Spring 2024. First episode will be an hour long premiere.

Unless they add a ton of filler and further flesh out the Hashira, I don't see how this season could go beyond four episodes tbh.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Oh yeah, Demon Slayer Hashira Training Arc starts airing Spring 2024. First episode will be an hour long premiere.

Unless they add a ton of filler and further flesh out the Hashira, I don't see how this season could go beyond four episodes tbh.
Split the season in two like the Mugen Train and the Entertainment Arc.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Demon Slayer is such a good anime as with HunterxHunter (2011).

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I think after watching Vinland Saga season 2 next month/next year. I might get around to watching the complete series of Courage the Cowardly Dog following that being Danny Phantom, though before those I might watch Godzilla: The Animated Series. Gonna want to take a break from anime for a while.

After all years ago I did watch all of CatDog and The Angry Beavers, two of my favorite Nick shows and a decade ago I was crazy about Danny Phantom, figure I give the show another rewatch. Been getting into Courage the Cowardly Dog as of late as well, it's my favorite CN show.

Following those, maybe rewatch Avatar: The Last Airbender? I got the complete series on disc.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I hate that this is such a widespread thing at this point that they make jokes about it.

#EndPetersSuffering.

Watched the second Angry Birds movie for the first time. Why weren’t the three hatchlings this movie spends an excessive amount of time on The Blues? For such early and important characters in the games they really didn’t get to do anything in the films and them being in that roll would have at least justified it existing in the film.

Shroob

Sup?
Watched the second Angry Birds movie for the first time. Why weren’t the three hatchlings this movie spends an excessive amount of time on The Blues? For such early and important characters in the games they really didn’t get to do anything in the films and them being in that roll would have at least justified it existing in the film.
Is Angry Birds gonna be 'the thing' you fixate on for the next few weeks now? lol

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm just saying, you kinda get a thing going where you get hyper focused on one thing in particular.
I won't pretend to speak for everyone, but that's kind of a common symptom of autism. Which I have.
Angry Birds is definitely a weird one to be
I mean, it's a simple and fun game with characters that are very easy to draw. Plus I was really into it when I was a kid.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I getcha, I'm autistic too.
Average Smashboards Social Thread Regular (I'm autistic too so I can make that joke)
I won't pretend to speak for everyone, but that's kind of a common symptom of autism. Which I have.
What's interesting though is that you seem to change hyperfixations every week, while I'm stuck with mine for extended periods of time

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’m not autistic. I feel like I have some form of ADHD though, I have too many symptoms for it to just be a coincidence.

I did try to get evaluated once, but the lady essentially told me I’m not ADHD I’m just stupid :nifty:

Shroob

Sup?
I’m not autistic. I feel like I have some form of ADHD though, I have too many symptoms for it to just be a coincidence.

I did try to get evaluated once, but the lady essentially told me I’m not ADHD I’m just stupid :nifty:
I hear that all the time.

Top Bottom