• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm wondering how they'll work.

Will they be static encounters in Area Zero somewhere or what.
I feel like there will be one of each that you encounter during the story. So yeah, static encounters.

...Which will make Pokedex completion a *****. I hope you can catch several and they're just rare spawns :drsad:

Shroob

Sup?
I feel like there will be one of each that you encounter during the story. So yeah, static encounters.

...Which will make Pokedex completion a *****. I hope you can catch several and they're just rare spawns :drsad:
Rev up those 2nd copies!

But what kinda nerd would own both Scarlet AND Violet?

..........Me. It's me. I own both Scarlet and Violet.

Really cashing in my virgin card this year.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Regigigas was given Slow Start to keep it from being too overpowered but at this point there's tons of Pokemon running around who are far worse. They need to just set him free already.
They shouldn't set it free cause I adore the idea of an ancient golem being groggy as **** when waking up from it's deep slumber. However, I think it would be very funny if they doubled it's stats, as a joke

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I’m not autistic. I feel like I have some form of ADHD though, I have too many symptoms for it to just be a coincidence.

I did try to get evaluated once, but the lady essentially told me I’m not ADHD I’m just stupid :nifty:
ADHD and stupid are two very different things. I feel like she's trying to get you to focus on that issue pronto, like you got three days until you ****ing die, pronto.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
IMG_1001.jpeg

I know they keep saying this, but I am gonna miss the BOTW/TOTK era tbh (hopefully the next chapter in the Zelda timeline is a good one)

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
How many of you are Smashboards bigender?
Not me.

I'm just regular bigender 😎

I wasn't planning on coming out like this but I couldn't pass on an opportunity like this. Also I've had all pronouns on my page for like a year and nobody said anything about it so feel the need to call attention to it

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
I got a scare today as a tornado warning was issued near where I was working. Forturnately the storm system moved away my position.
I don't understand the insane popularity of this show. It is every generic shonen put in a blender with a touch of Jojo part 1 (Read: it has the vampires and just calls them a different name) with some very cookie cutter character writing and nonexistent worldbuilding. The only thing that makes it remotely stand out is the fight animation and even then I find that's something other modern shonen do better
Yeah Demon Slayer is overrated. I only watched the first season but I can tell how generic the show actually is. Jojo is a significantly better shonen and I have only seen the first three Parts while still in the middle of Part 4.
autistic text
Can I join the club?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I can't tell if one of the conditions I have is either Aspergers or high-functioning autism, but I do know for sure I have OCD.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I am autistic, too. That makes me part of the club, right?
I don't need to declare my autism credentials. You know :yoshi:
Hey, I'm autistic too. I was diagnosed with autism when I was a child.
I have aspergers, which is considered to be on the autism spectrum.
the more the merrier
I can't tell if one of the conditions I have is either Aspergers or high-functioning autism, but I do know for sure I have OCD.
we accept you nonetheless

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Does this explain why we're all still hears years after the DLC ended?
Probably. I’m here because it’s easier to socialize on here than irl.
High functioning is an outdated and offensive term to many people now. Just warning you.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Truth to be told, I'm on the autism spectrum as well.

It's something I had long suspected and was previously diagnosed with well over a decade ago by my pediatrician, but only got an official diagnosis and confirmation of in my 20s. I've never really mentioned it before as by that point, I didn't think it was that big of a deal, and honestly? I didn't want to make a big deal out of it, either. I guess now just seemed like a good time to share it since so many others here are being open and casual about it.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
That's... strange. That's the term I've heard myself referred to all these years, so hearing it's deemed offensive is news to me.
It's something a lot of young autistics are opposed to. They argue that "high functioning" autistics are often treated as superior to "low functioning" ones. But they also argue that it's used to downplay or deny the struggles of "high functioning" ones.

I have mixed fedlings with throwing out the labels entirely...but I've definitely seen nasty prejudice against "low functioning" autistics in the autism community, and I do have first hand experience in having people deny some of my specific needs as someone who is "high functioning".

Last edited:
Top Bottom