• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
It's birb time

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Raptor race:

1652104964803.png

“I’m Raptor Hresvelgr. Breeze and hurricane alike flow from my wings and they all return to me.”

Alignment: Dark-Law

Origin: Norse mythology. An eagle-shaped jötunn whose name means “corpse swallower” or “shipwreck current”. He sits at the northern end of the sky. When the king of gods Odin questions him about the origin of the winds, Hræsvelgr answers by saying all wind comes from his wings when he takes off for flight. Hræsvelgr is commonly mixed up with the unnamed eagle that lives at the top branches of the world tree Yggdrasil.

Skills: Mazandyne, Glacial Blast, Ice Breath, Damascus Claw

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Haunt race.

It’s hard to tell from his 3D models but the faces under Hresvelgr’s wings are pretty neat and add a lot of character to it. Not sure why they are supposed to represent, though. Winds? Also, considering he’s a jötunn with only a couple of written mentions and not much story significance in any legends, he’s surprisingly high leveled in most games, usually capable of learning the strongest ice and wind skills.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Happy birthday Speed Weed Speed Weed

Also in other news. Sonic 2 just made nearly $350 million. Dayum $400 million just might be a possibility now! And the movie certainly would deserve it for the awesome sequel this was.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just remembered another thing I should buy on the Wii U eShop before it's too late: The DLC for the Kung-fu Panda Smash clone.

Not going to be happy about it since it's overpriced and should have definitely been in the barebone base game.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
So I'm having a "Smash Bros PPV" on Sunday. Feel free to place your predictions. If y'all want some stories behind this, I can type it easily.

Advertisement for Rebellion PPV on May 15th

King Dedede (c) vs Knuckles - SSB World Championship

Timber Tiger (c) vs Pikachu vs Popo vs Kenta - SSB Velocity Championship

Lucario vs Agumon

Cash Wilds (Bandito/Rusty) (c) vs The Rejected (Cinderace/Zeraora) - SSB Tag Team Championship

The Mammoth vs Blaziken

Weavile vs Charizard

Olimar vs Mr. Game and Watch - Steel Cage match

Incineroar (c) w/King K Rool vs Infernape - SSB Intercontinental Championship

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
FazDude FazDude 's AMA is now up!

I'll be drawing next week's AMA in an hour or so, so if any of y'all aren't currently on the list of future AMA subjects and would like to be added, please lemme know via reply or PM

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Finished Wano act one. It's pretty ****ing hype so far

If it wasn't Astro Boy, would Goku can be the japanese equivalent to Mickey Mouse?
I'd say Goku is more of the Japanese equivalent of Superman in that he created an extremely popular subgenre of comics and basically changed pop culture forever. Also obviously they have very similar origins

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Teen Titans Go is good
Also, RIP George Perez

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I can't believe they're actually releasing this, and somehow it barely looks any better than the original Avatar. I would put money on it failing in the box office lmao.
I've read that people have expected all of Cameron's movies to flop, I doubt this will be the one to actually happen. I don't think it'll take the first movie's throne or anything, but I think it'll definitely crack $1 billion.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just remembered another thing I should buy on the Wii U eShop before it's too late: The DLC for the Kung-fu Panda Smash clone.

Not going to be happy about it since it's overpriced and should have definitely been in the barebone base game.
I can't find the game on the eShop. Must have been delisted.

Guess I'm stuck with an incomplete game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom