• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Orbot and Cubot are gods despite being robotic

osby

Smash Obsessed

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If we ever get to the point where Sonic fans pretend that Forces and Lost World had good writing, I'll hang up my Sonic stuff
Tbf Sonic has some pretty good characterization in Forces. Doesn't excuse the rest, but it's the best he's had in years

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So my friends of SECRET SOCIEY BLANKET aka the ones who should or have watched Laid Back Camp. So Lamperouge Lamperouge Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy MooMew64 MooMew64 Wademan94 Wademan94 @Jotadé SneakyLink SneakyLink and whoever else. The series got a new trailer and it's beautiful.

As a nice bonus new visual from the movie featuring the ever loveable Nadeshiko which may or may not be my new phone wallpaper.
Laid Back Camp.jpg

So yeah it's gonna be a timeskip. I'm gonna tear up.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

osby

Smash Obsessed
Admit it, you relate to her after that one Mot boss fight

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Megami race:

1641481084328.png

“I’m Megami Anat. When you fall into the abyss of death, I shall bring you back.”

Alignment: Light-Chaos

Origin: Levantine mythology. A virgin goddess of war and sexuality from Canaanite lore. Known for her bloodthirst, Anat takes joy in binding the heads she cut in the battle to her body. After her brother and lover Baal is taken to the underworld, she uses funeral rites and ritual sacrifices to revive him. Then, she finds the god of death Mot; cuts him into pieces, burns his remains, and sows the ashes to birds. She’s also worshiped in Egypt, Mesopotamia, and Phoenicia.

Skills: Ziobarion, Matarukaja, Hades Blast, Samarecarm

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Foul race.

This is another high-fashion design that definitely sticks out for the war goddess it’s supposed to represent. Maybe something a little wilder would fit her better but I’m impressed how dangerous she looks with that knife even when sitting leisurely. As out of place as her headwear looks, it actually resembles the atef crown a bronze figurine of Anat wears. The horns are a generic addition to fertility goddesses and serve as a way to complement the pattern of her outfit. Aside from being loosely connected to Ishtar/Astarte archetype, Anat is possibly also the inspiration behind the Greek goddess Athena and maybe Indian Durga.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Admit it, you relate to her after that one Mot boss fight

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Megami race:

View attachment 342003

“I’m Megami Anat. When you fall into the abyss of death, I shall bring you back.”

Alignment: Light-Chaos

Origin: Levantine mythology. A virgin goddess of war and sexuality from Canaanite lore. Known for her bloodthirst, Anat takes joy in binding the heads she cut in the battle to her body. After her brother and lover Baal is taken to the underworld, she uses funeral rites and ritual sacrifices to revive him. Then, she finds the god of death Mot; cuts him into pieces, burns his remains, and sows the ashes to birds. She’s also worshiped in Egypt, Mesopotamia, and Phoenicia.

Skills: Ziobarion, Matarukaja, Hades Blast, Samarecarm

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Foul race.
Jack Ripper next?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom