• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
2001 would probably belong to Dante for leading way to the Hack n' Slash genre. I'd say Shrek but he actually debuted in 1990 based on the book.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
2001 would probably belong to Dante for leading way to the Hack n' Slash genre. I'd say Shrek but he actually debuted in 1990 based on the book.
honestly, game characters winning would probably be pretty rare. If we're being honest with ourselves. Traditional media people look down on games a lot. Like... maybe Mario, Sonic, and Pikachu would count themselves among the victors. But beyond that.... it would have to have been a pretty dry year for a game character to have won.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I feel like 2023 is when the next MCU Spidey project is released. Whether it’s his 4th movie or Freshmen Year, it’ll definitely have to be 2023 (one or both of those, ATSV Part 2, and Spider-Man 2 from Insomniac all in the same year would destroy people)
I will probably guess around late 2023 or 2024 as my prediction for when the next Spider-Man film will be released. I'm still very eager to see what will be revealed within the future of the Phase 4 and who will be casted in which I am certain we are likely to find out for Blade and the Fantastic Four.

In addition, we should find out soon what the 2022 schedule will be like for the Disney+ Marvel Studios shows.

The trailer probably won’t be releasing publicly anytime soon. Well that is, it likely won’t release in the best quality anytime soon.
I think they could show a teaser trailer maybe either at the end of this month or sometime within January would be my best guess for when it could be released.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
NWH Spoiler:Yeah, Willem Dafoe seems to ****ing love that role, definitely stole the show for me.

Well, he did up until the part where... you know.
NWH Spoilers:I mean obviously I wasn't happy when he killed her (I was actually really sad) but I still enjoyed watching him

Plus tormenting Peter is kind of the Green Goblin's bread and butter, I'm actually really glad they gave him a personal conflict with Peter considering he's usually considered his arch-nemesis in the comics

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
NWH Spoilers:I mean obviously I wasn't happy when he killed her (I was actually really sad) but I still enjoyed watching him

Plus tormenting Peter is kind of the Green Goblin's bread and butter, I'm actually really glad they gave him a personal conflict with Peter considering he's usually considered his arch-nemesis in the comics
NWH:Also, Willem only agreed to return if he did the stunts himself. 66 year old man, and he was that dedicated to reprise the role that he played 20 years ago. If that's not showing the passion he has, then idk what will

Jondolio

Smash Hero
NWH:Also, Willem only agreed to return if he did the stunts himself. 66 year old man, and he was that dedicated to reprise the role that he played 20 years ago. If that's not showing the passion he has, then idk what will
NWH:oh yeah speaking of that, that climactic fight was a banger
both him and tom absolutely crushed it

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Considering this new variant go through all vaccines they say it doesn't matter anymore if you're vaccinated or not
That's not the full truth. Omicron is more resistant to the vaccine but it's not totally worthless against it. Most health experts seem to agree that booster shots are enough to fight the variant right now.

Vaccines are not a 100% flawless form of protection but they slow the spread significantly and reduce the severity of the illness.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

I understand wanting to try new things (and save money) but this movie's animation style isn't very appealing to look at.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Was I the only person who liked the live action Alice in wonderland movie?
Eh, I tried to give both films a shot but I couldn’t get into them. I feel like they tried way too hard to apply logic and sense to something that was never intended to have logic and sense in the first place. Plus I feel like American McGee’s Alice does the whole dark gothic take on the story better.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I have full respect for anyone going to a theater as long as they're staying safe and taking proper precautions, but I won't be seeing NWH until it sees a home release, personally. Just don't wanna take the risk for myself or others, even if I'm fully vaccinated.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
That's not the full truth. Omicron is more resistant to the vaccine but it's not totally worthless against it. Most health experts seem to agree that booster shots are enough to fight the variant right now.

Vaccines are not a 100% flawless form of protection but they slow the spread significantly and reduce the severity of the illness.
Y'all see this is what I exactly mean when there comes a time and a place where there'll be a virus in the future that made COVID seem like an inconvenience.

Best to brace ourselves when that time comes.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Y'all see this is what I exactly mean when there comes a time and a place where there'll be a virus in the future that made COVID seem like an inconvenience.

And if we’ve learned anything from this, we’ll likely be better prepared for it if/when that time comes, can you please stop acting like this is the end of the world?

Reactions: Z25

Starry.

No Life Princess
Some friends and I are doing a thing where we pick our 5 favourite game ost of all time and then rate them. Unfortunately I'm sitting here without a clue as to what I should put.

What game songs do you guys like?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

It might happen, it might not. Viruses will continue to mutate and evolve but it's hard to predict exactly how that'll go down, or when we'll see something like this again.

I just hope that if and when something like this happens again, we as a society will have learned from some of our mistakes in managing our current pandemic. I like to think society will gradually continue to progress, even if it feels painfully slow or even like its going a bit backwards sometimes.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
I had a dream last night there was a Godzilla Toys to Life game. Each Kaiju was split into certain categories of abilities and had a different randomized route to make it a rogulike.

I have mixed feelings on the genre, Skylanders was one of my favorite games when I was really young, but I also see how scammy a lot of the practices used were.

Regardless, I’d buy the hell out of a game like that. Just wish I could remember half the dream.

osby

Smash Obsessed
It might happen, it might not. Viruses will continue to mutate and evolve but it's hard to predict exactly how that'll go down, or when we'll see something like this again.

I just hope that if and when something like this happens again, we as a society will have learned from some of our mistakes in managing our current pandemic. I like to think society will gradually continue to progress, even if it feels painfully slow or even like its going a bit backwards sometimes.
Unfortunately, I still see droves of people angrily decrying the pandemic as a hoax, which really doesn't fill me with hope.

I'm optimistic about medical science and modern hygiene but humans are truly their worst enemies sometimes.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Unfortunately, I still see droves of people angrily decrying the pandemic as a hoax, which really doesn't fill me with hope.
This here. Human stupidity is going to be our eventual downfall. All the anti-vaxxers and rioters who can't accept curfew. Modern civilization is on the edge of another collapse especially as our population grows making emergence of viruses and pandemics more common and thawing of the ice caps unleashing ancient ones, probably don't even give it another 50 years and I'm being generous.

Now dial it up by ten with an even worse viruses in the future combined with governments incompetency. It's gonna be ugly especially when vaccines prove to begin being ineffective or not working.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Some friends and I are doing a thing where we pick our 5 favourite game ost of all time and then rate them. Unfortunately I'm sitting here without a clue as to what I should put.

Tbh, I can't quite say, but all of Sonic Adventure 1, Origami King, and Kingdom Hearts are standouts imo.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Xenoblade 1 & 2, various Mega Man and Sonic soundtracks (I guess I'd say MMX and Colors are king respectively), Metal Gear Rising, and Persona 5 are a few off the top of my head.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion

Personally, SH2 and SH3 have some of the most relaxing music I’ve heard.
Undertale and Earthbound have plenty of earworms.
And the Castlevania series as a whole contains tons of amazing music.

Also, Ace Attorney. Can’t believe I forgot Ace Attorney.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Bully Hatcher, Muramasa The Demon Blade, 13 Sentinels Aegis Rim, Kingdom Hearts 1, 2 and 3, Tri Force Heroes, Wind Waker, Animal Crossing, The Great Ace attorney 1 and 2, Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney, Okami, Monster hunter, Mario Kart 8, Terraria, Persona 4

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

Predictably, Persona (especially 1 and 3), Bayonetta and Sonic (mostly 3D games).

I also listen to OSTs of Armored Core, Guilty Gear and Digital Devil Saga a lot.

Starry.

No Life Princess

So, so far these are 5 I'm considering.

trauma center under the knife 2: gentle breeze
dkc 2: forest interlude
the world ends with you: calling
bravely default: that person's name is
scarlet nexus: dream in drive or mizuhagawa district

osby

Smash Obsessed
Sorry for getting too negative there. On another note;

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Haunt race:

1639847673571.png

“i’M Haunt Ghoul. yOu GiVe Me tAsTy fOOd, mE gIvE You mY fANgs...”

Alignment: Dark-Chaos

Origin: Arabic mythology. A demonic humanoid associated with graveyards. They dwell in uninhabited places to quench their hunger for human flesh and blood, especially of young children. Female ghouls do this by luring hapless men into their homes while others live in deserts and shapeshift into hyenas or dig up graves. Islamic lore interprets ghouls as deformed and insane devils who fell to deserts after failing to reach heaven.

Skills: Energy Drain, Blight, Eat Whole

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Megami race.

Ghoul is quite straightforward so there’s not much to say here. I like it better than common zombie enemies and it fills the role of low-level undead mook nicely but I kinda wish they’d gone with a little more inspired design than the walking dead. Fun fact: Female ghouls or ghulahs are a separate type of demon in SMT.

Noipoi

Howdy!

The soundtracks to Deltarune and Undertale are dope. Sonic music is almost always great. The Tropical Freeze soundtrack is incredible, and you know I love me some Pokémon music.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom