• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also the GameStop at the mall had the last one of the Metroid Dread amiibo, and since I can’t attach a picture because the server thinks it’s to big, I decided to pick it up. Very worth the purchase though.

Also I got a few packs of Pokémon Fusion Strike. Nothing crazy, but I pulled a full art Shauna which was neat.

Also I don’t remember who, but someone here plays the tcg online right?

I have four codes if anyone wants them.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Since everyone is doing their 5 best and worst films of 2021. I'm still currently deciding on my 5 best films, but I can provide my 5 worst films of 2021 in no particular order:

I've been very fond of the cat and mouse duo since my childhood in which the episodes always captivates me with their slapstick traits that compliments very well with its music. Sadly, the 2021 hybrid of animation and live action spin directed by Tim Story (Fantastic 4 & Rise of the Silver Surfer) couldn't quite recapture the magic of what made Tom and Jerry such a classic. In addition to the poorly written story and musical choices, it felt like they were shoehorned in the film to assist the uninteresting human cast that featured poor performances from Chloe Grace Moretz, Colin Jost, Michael Pena and Rob Delaney gained a much more central focus and shared no kind of likeability or even a shred of development amongst their characters.

After many years since the Mortal Kombat had last been on the cinematic screens, the film finally made its comeback with a reboot directed by first-timer Simon McQuoid. So is McQuoid's take a flawless victory or a flawless dud? Remember how in the 110 metres hurdles when you past the first one and then faltered on the second, this is how I felt with Mortal Kombat with the first thirteen minutes being the highlight and then afterwards it stumbled despite the use of fatalities which is the only other redeeming factor the film staying loyal to its source material. In addition to its messy editing, story, pacing and fighting choreography, the characters lack much characterization especially the introduction of Cole Young, a character that is new in the film who suffered a lack of development and growth.

Starring the likes of Henry Golding of Crazy Rich Asians and Andrew Koji, this new take on one of the characters of G.I. Joe franchise suffered a lot of setbacks that include the rather underwhelming and lackluster written plot and the characters fell rather flat and forgetable. In addition, there were a number of questionable editing throughout the scenes and the action felt very lifeless. Whilst I have nothing against Henry Golding and Andew Koji as they are decent actors (and the cast), this was not their best performance which is quite a shame.

It had been a long time since the last Space Jam had been in cinemas that once starred Michael Jordan. Now with LeBron James, does he hit a score or miss with a New Legacy? Despite the attempt to cram in a load of easter eggs and cameos from different Warner Bros. and Looney Toones properties, the entire film felt like a huge misfire with a rather thin screenplay that lacked much of the emotion, entertainment and continuity value and very stiff acting from LeBron James. The only redeeming factor is Don Cheadle's performance.

The only iterations that I do recall watching of the live-action versions of Cinderella was Rodgers and Hammerstein's take and Kenneth Branagh's take. So I was curious to see how Kay Cannon who is well known for the Pitch Perfect films handles the mantle iconic fairytale with a modern spin? The result? A rather messy and distasterous outcome. What R&H's and Kenneth's take had something very special and magical and in contrast to Cannon's take, the screenplay really lacked any of those aspects. Whilst the messy story had a load of clunky dialogue with uneven pacing, the characters lacked any kind of charisma and some of its cast performances felt lacking in which I always kept on wondering why is James Corden even in this at all? In addition, the songs and soundtrack just didn't work very well throughout the entire film.

Now, I am aware that there are a lot of divisive opinions on Venom: Let There Be Carnage, but I really tried so hard hoping not to get disappointed from their previous film. Sadly as much as I really want to say something positive throughout the entire film (in which the post credit scenes), I ended up feeling rather disappointed. The story lacked any kind of depth and even though I have no issues with the performances of Tom Hardy and Woody Harrelson, the characters felt rather one-sided and one-dimensional in which I do wish the writers could had provided them with an interesting and engaging arc and stories that can get me invested in to them.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Got my tickets in for Spider Man for an after midnight showing. Had to order through Fandango as my local theater's website kept glitching on any time after 11pm.

Going to make dinner immediately after work and rewatch Far From Home for the first time since it came out two years ago.

D

Deleted member

Alright, caught every Diamond legendary in Ramanas Park. Honorable mention to my Lv. 36 Sunflora who I brought along just for a Lv. 70 Rayquaza. After Groudon, I didn't feel like putting up with another annoying Rest user.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Peter, Wanda, and Thor are really bout to own the MCU
I'm not surprised, although I think it will take a couple more years before production commences.

I'm just hoping that the Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness trailer will come soon.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So my friends my calendar is now cleared til after Christmas except for Spidey.

1639781986537.png

Maybe now I'll round to finally do something fun and productive instead acting mopey or whatever. Been spending the evening playing FIFA for the first time in a few years. IDK boredom.

Anyways.................I'll be on here for a while if you guys want to AMA me.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Finally got around to coloring in one of my older drawings again. This time, it's the Mega Man, Mega Man X and Zero drawing I did. It was also the 34th for Mega Man and 28th for Mega Man X. So it felt fitting to post it today.

I got another week of drawings lined up. I'll be busy with stuff for January I think, but I'll try to have stuff here and there.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Why are adults going to a movie theater during a Pandemic is the important question
Probably the reason I'm not gonna see it until later. I mean, Spider-Man's more or less my favorite character, but people are triflin' as hell already, and I've gotta have the Great Responsibility to not get sick because someone else can't act right.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So that's the most movies for any one Spider-Man actor ever eh? Honestly makes sense
pretty much. First he did it using the advantages of other MCU movies, now he’s got more Spidey specific films. Tom Holland is living the life rn
I'm not surprised, although I think it will take a couple more years before production commences.

I'm just hoping that the Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness trailer will come soon.
I feel like 2023 is when the next MCU Spidey project is released. Whether it’s his 4th movie or Freshmen Year, it’ll definitely have to be 2023 (one or both of those, ATSV Part 2, and Spider-Man 2 from Insomniac all in the same year would destroy people)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Trigger warning we got a bomb threat at work

and my eye still feels like it has a grain of sand in it even after three eye drops

guess no stream tonight either…

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Also forgot the best bit of today:

1639785284089.png
1639785419049.png

Finally bought both novelisations! And one I have on my desk now! (Weathering) And the other is arriving Monday so right after Spidey I'll be home reading it.

Good day.

Trigger warning we got a bomb threat at work

and my eye still feels like it has a grain of sand in it even after three eye drops

guess no stream tonight either…
That sucks to hear. I know bomb scares are crazy even though most of the time it's some kids hiding bricks and pulling pranks on the police.....................few years back.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
mmmm

i'mma hack a PSP

I want a portable emulation device, my Steam Deck got delayed, and Apple is weird and doesn't let emulators release on the app store despite being perfectly legal.

I'm either gonna try to hack a PSP (if my brother gives me his blessing to do so, since the one I'm gonna hack is one of his old ones), or see how what goes into building Retro Arch for iPhone, as their site has an official guide for it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

The trailer probably won’t be releasing publicly anytime soon. Well that is, it likely won’t release in the best quality anytime soon.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Right now i'm taking a bit of a break from Super Robot Wars 30, because the Ultraman DLC pack should hopefully be coming out within the next few days or so and i want to give those units some use in my run of the game.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Twitter is going through another heated argument over Pokémon game graphics, this time Legends: Arcues

View attachment 340531

* SIGH * Never ending cycle apparently...
I think I understand where they’re coming from in some images, though iirc some are more impressive, and personally I also like older graphics so I’m not sure why people consider it that big a deal. It seems they did a good job with the painted appearance. I guess some textures’ quality can look a bit odd next to other stuff or the characters, though, however so far I’m only sure the blue and white armband things that girl in red wears can be seen that way.

Last edited:

MooMew64

I haven't been on Twitter to see what's goin' on, but if it's a Pokemans graphics debate, It's just funny internet people pretending a couple crash courses in Unreal and Blender makes you an industry grade professional, nothin' new here.

A classic case of people saying "Why don't they just do this???" Without understanding what actually goes on behind closed doors. :drshrug:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I ended up being satisfied with a true Kingdom Hearts fighting game... that has 82 characters. Not as many Final Fantasy characters as I would want but that's what happens when so many you only fight in wooden stick/foam bat fights.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I'm in the mood to talk about Spider-Man. So I'm going to give my thoughts on the movies.

Spider-Man 1 - This is a good first attempt at telling the story in a movie. Solid plot with a fantastic villain (Come on, William Dafoe, how perfect is that?) and a good introduction to all the characters we'll get to know in the trilogy. It has that early 2000s vibe which I love.

Spider-Man 2 - One of the best Spider-Man films, hands down. What makes this film so effective is that it really puts down Peter, to the point where this is probably the lowest that we've ever seen him in a film. You relate to his struggles so much and so when the film does get to the cool superhero fights, you are invested in what's going on. Doc Oc is a memorable and very cool villain and you do feel for him. I recently watched the extended version (Spider-Man 2.1) and while there were a few unnecessary scenes and it took out the "GOOooOO!" part, it did add some parts to the train fight to make it even more amazing and it added a golden scene where J. Jonah Jameson impersonates Spider-Man (And can I just say how perfect J.K Simmons is for the role? He's one of the best casting choices I've ever seen).

Spider-Man 3 - For all its faults with the overly bloated story, It's quite an entertaining film (That of course includes the ridiculous Maguire dancing segment) and has some nuggets of gold in it. My favorite part of this film is Sandman, everything about him. His story/motivation, theme, and action scenes. As a kid I thought it was so cool he could turn giant and transform his hands into melee weapons (And that's still cool as heck as an adult).

Amazing Spider-Man 1 - I thought this was a decent film. Sure it's another retelling but at least it tries to do some things differently like with a new villain and going more into the science of the spider that bit Peter. Now let's talk about Andrew Garfield. I have to agree with a lot of people and say that he's far from an accurate depiction of Spider-Man. He doesn't have that geeky, awkward vibe like with Maguire and Holland but honestly it doesn't bother me. He's an excellent actor and sells all the emotional scenes so well. And fun fact, he was dating Emma Stone at the time, which explains their great chemistry on-screen. I don't have a lot to say on Lizard. He's cool but his motivation is unclear and his plan is just wild. Overall a solid film that does contain more of a dark tone, which I can appreciate.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Oh boy. This one. I will start with and say I do like some of the ideas in here. Most notably Harry getting pissed at Spider-Man for not providing him with the chemical that will either cure him or kill him, which not only creates a personal dilemma, but is a unique motivation separate from his Raimi counterpart. But at the same time there is a lot that irks me. First, the fact that they made Electro start out as a mega simp for Spider-Man is a comical choice. Second, and this is where I get into spoilers (NOT for No Way Home, I haven't seen it, nor do I know if Garfield is in it or not)
The fact that they built up the Sinister Six so much while also focusing on two villains is the same mistake that Spider-Man 3 did. That would be bad enough, but the fact that we never got an Amazing Spider-Man 3 means that we are left with an incomplete series. Which is why I'm hoping that Garfield is in No Way Home. It would be sick if he got transported to Holland's world right as he fought Rhino at the end of his second film, which would mean that No Way Home would technically count as Amazing Spider-Man 3 and thus we would have a complete trilogy. But my biggest issue with Amazing Spider-Man 2 is Gwen's death. Now I know that apparently she dies a lot in the comics but I didn't know that the first time I watched it. All I knew was that Peter had betrayed Gwen's father, going against his last wish. I thought that Peter avoiding the love of his life for her safety was powerful, but then they threw that away in the second film and look what happened. It **** over the first film.
Homecoming - I watched this for the first time yesterday. I think it's one of the best MCU films. The writing, humor, pacing, characters, dialogue, etc. was all spot on. And the twist where it turned out
Liz's dad is Vulture caught me off guard. What a great twist that adds a layer of personal tension between the characters.
It was a very entertaining ride. While Tobey Maguire will always be my favorite Spider-Man, Tom Holland is just an awesome Spider-Man. Lively, quippy, and cocky. I love it.

Now, I actually haven't seen Far From Home. I will watch it probably tomorrow although I'm not in a rush since I won't be able to see No Way Home right away. But I look forward to both films.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
These are the same people who claim BotW, which has a heart attack whenever there's more than 4 trees and some animals onscreen, is a masterpiece free of any imperfection BTW.
I’ve seen people compare it to BoTW and wonder why the graphics aren’t as good, so this is good to know. I haven’t played BoTW yet, not sure when I’ll get it.

Last edited:

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
I’m starting to get into a Castlevania kick while on my road trip. I never thought I’d be able to beat Castlevania lll after how long it took me to get past the first, but I actually managed to beat it tonight after a couple days of grinding it out.

I’m onto Super Castlevania IV now and the lower difficulty is like a breath of fresh air.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I’m starting to get into a Castlevania kick while on my road trip. I never thought I’d be able to beat Castlevania lll after how long it took me to get past the first, but I actually managed to beat it tonight after a couple days of grinding it out.

I’m onto Super Castlevania IV now and the lower difficulty is like a breath of fresh air.
Super Castlevania IV

Mastahpiece

MooMew64

I’ve seen people compare it to BoTW and wonder why the graphics aren’t as good, so this is good to know. I haven’t played BoTW yet, not sure when I’ll get it.
BotW is a wonderful game and is beautiful, but it definitely has its own warts and has framerate issues due to the Switch being already dated back when it released in 2017.

It wasn't meant as a slam against BotW, it was more calling out how the game people keep comparing Pokémon too ain't perfect either. Hope that makes sense, ha ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom