• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy osby osby Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku MooMew64 MooMew64 Speed Weed Speed Weed Noipoi Noipoi Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen Knight Dude Knight Dude Metal Shop X Metal Shop X

Been having a bad week, but thought that just for fun and since I don't have plans to watch more new movies this year that I would make a list of my 5 favourite and least favourite movies of the year.

Keep in mind that I saw fewer movies this year, and as such there haven't been that many I disliked. In fact, from this list the only ones I'd say I genuiely hated were two. So hopefully ya'll take this as just one comfy read to go through.

With that said, gonna start with It.

Jungle_Cruise-756798392-large.jpg

I already talked about this movie before on this site, and on rewatched I'd say It still holds up. Chose It over Cruella because I felt that the classic and adventurous vibe of the movie benefits It a lot.
Godzilla_vs_Kong-370227109-large.jpg

While this movie wasn't as great as I feel It could have been, I do believe that for me It was worth the wait and past movies.

The fight itself was incredible and had some dope shots.

It ain't a masterpiece, but for what It is It was enjoyable.
spider-man-no-way-home-international-poster.jpg_459955865.jpg

This movie was hype AF and I am so glad It didn't turn out the way I feared.

Tom Holland does a breathtaking role, all the actors are great, the music is awesome and man... The whole theater was hyped AF.

The surprise of the year for me.
ghostbusters-afterlife-poster.jpg

Also talked about this movie before, can't add much else to everything I said about It. Still really reccomend everyone to watch.
Encanto-153413687-large.jpg

Just... Wholesome, heartwarming, charming and beautiful.

Loved this movie and my experience watching It, although ya'll already know that.
Honorable mention to Free Guy btw.
This list was hard AF to make because there have been few movies I've found neutral and fewer Who I would call bad, ngl.
diary-wimpy-kid-rodrick-rules-2530935.jpg

It's ok as I said before. Kids will surely love It although fans of the live action movies are probably going to be divisive about It.
Raya_y_el_ltimo_drag_n-507426874-large.jpg

Same deal as Diary Of A Wimpy Kid.

Kids will likely love It, although older audiences may find It too safe and not as breathtaking and powerful as other Disney movies. Still worth a watch imo.
Viuda_Negra-479618353-large.jpg

This one's for the action movie fans, tbh.

Lots of explosions, freefallings, car chases and all that. If you are into that kind of stuff I'd reccomend It easily.
If not, It may be tough to find enjoyable.
From here, is when we get to the ones I actually found to be bad movies
Por_fin_solo_en_casa-872888087-large.jpg

Just gonna say I should have seen It coming. Imagine a Home Alone sequel and that's basically what this movie is.

Would only reccomend to the kids in the audience and even then just before watching the first two Home Alone.
space-jam-2021.jpg

Unfunny, a blatant commercial for HBO Max, nothing close to the charm of the original, completely unconnected and full of needless amounts of characters and setpieces.

This movie was so bad, It doesn't even have the Space Jam theme song we all love. Even the Home Alone movie made me laugh once.

Would not reccomend It, unless you are gonna watch It ironically.
Honorable mention (yes, honorable) to Mortal Kombat. Idk why but I liked that movie, although It is kinda low on my general list so I'll mention It here as a possible number 6 or 7.

That was all, hopefully ya'll didn't have trouble getting through the post.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy osby osby Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku MooMew64 MooMew64 Speed Weed Speed Weed Noipoi Noipoi Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen Knight Dude Knight Dude Metal Shop X Metal Shop X

Been having a bad week, but thought that just for fun and since I don't have plans to watch more new movies this year that I would make a list of my 5 favourite and least favourite movies of the year.

Keep in mind that I saw fewer movies this year, and as such there haven't been that many I disliked. In fact, from this list the only ones I'd say I genuiely hated were two. So hopefully ya'll take this as just one comfy read to go through.

View attachment 340498
I already talked about this movie before on this site, and on rewatched I'd say It still holds up. Chose It over Cruella because I felt that the classic and adventurous vibe of the movie benefits It a lot.
View attachment 340499
While this movie wasn't as great as I feel It could have been, I do believe that for me It was worth the wait and past movies.

View attachment 340500

Tom Holland does a breathtaking role, all the actors are great, the music is awesome and man... The whole theater was hyped AF.

View attachment 340501
Also talked about this movie before, can't add much else to everything I said about It. Still really reccomend everyone to watch.
View attachment 340502

Loved this movie and my experience watching It, although ya'll already know that.
This list was hard AF to make because there have been few movies I've found neutral and fewer Who I would call bad, ngl.
View attachment 340503
It's ok as I said before. Kids will surely love It although fans of the live action movies are probably going to be divisive about It.
View attachment 340504

Kids will likely love It, although older audiences may find It too safe and not as breathtaking and powerful as other Disney movies. Still worth a watch imo.
View attachment 340505

Lots of explosions, freefallings, car chases and all that. If you are into that kind of stuff I'd reccomend It easily.
View attachment 340506
Just gonna say I should have seen It coming. Imagine a Home Alone sequel and that's basically what this movie is.

Would only reccomend to the kids in the audience and even then just before watching the first two Home Alone.
View attachment 340507
Unfunny, a blatant commercial for HBO Max, nothing close to the charm of the original, completely unconnected and full of needless amounts of characters and setpieces.

This movie was so bad, It doesn't even have the Space Jam theme song we all love. Even the Home Alone movie made me laugh once.

Honorable mention (yes, honorable) to Mortal Kombat. Idk why but I liked that movie, although It is kinda low on my general list so I'll mention It here as a possible number 6 or 7.

I can definitely see why you liked Encanto, it was a pretty fun movie.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

View attachment 340498
View attachment 340499

View attachment 340500

View attachment 340501
View attachment 340502

View attachment 340503
View attachment 340504

View attachment 340505

View attachment 340506

View attachment 340507

Still need to get around to Encanto, heard nothing but amazing things.

Will probably get around to it once it hits Disney+

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

View attachment 340498
View attachment 340499

View attachment 340500

View attachment 340501
View attachment 340502

View attachment 340503
View attachment 340504

View attachment 340505

View attachment 340506

View attachment 340507

Great list dude. Nice to see Godzilla vs. Kong on there, even if I admit it's a film I enjoy that has many flaws IMO. Kaiju bias likely plays a role on that.

May as well do mine.

Best:

5. Malignant
4. Straight Outta Nowhere: Scooby-Doo Meets Courage the Cowarldy Dog
3. The Mitchells vs. The Machines
2. Nobody/The Suicide Squad
1. Godzilla vs. Kong

Honorable Mentions: Free Guy, Willy's Wonderland, Mortal Kombat Legends: Battle of the Realms

Worst:

5. The Misfits
4. Prisoners of the Ghostland
3. Space Jam: A New Legacy
2. Shadow in the Cloud
1. Awake

Dishonorable Mentions: Coming 2 America, Wrong Turn, Spiral

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

View attachment 340498
View attachment 340499

View attachment 340500

View attachment 340501
View attachment 340502

View attachment 340503
View attachment 340504

View attachment 340505

View attachment 340506

View attachment 340507

honestly it seemed like you only hated the jam of space

as for me…I suppose the worst movie I watched was Injustice

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I mostly stuck to fun time-wasters this year because 2021 was 2021 so I didn't really have many life-changing movies experiences but my top 10 are probably the following, in no particular order:

1. Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
  2. Encanto
  3. Green Knight
  4. Cruella
  5. Red Notice
I also liked Eternals a lot but it has a little too many flaws for me to put it in the top 5.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Haven't watched that many movies that came out this year. Mostly your standard popcorn flicks like superhero films (watched all the new MCU films except for Eternals and also Suicide Squad) and animated movies such as Mitchells vs the Machines and Luca. I also watched Dune which I did not like one bit.

My top movies of the year are Spidey and Mitchells.

Maybe next year I'll start branching out. I am a film student after all

Maryse

Street Fighter Scrub
Premium
D

Deleted member

My least favorite that I've watched this year was Into the Spider-Verse. It was also my favorite movie I've watched this year.
I don't watch a lot of movies as you can see.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Since we're on the topic of movies. Gonna probably share a real unpopular opinion.

Ghostbusters: Afterlife. After some overtime thinking, I went from finding this movie ok to not liking it.

Because you're telling me that despite all the hell they've been through with ghosts and in a setting where ghosts are confirmed to exist. Ray and the others didn't believe Egon regarding Gozer in that mountain in Summerville? So what if there hadn't been ghost activity for 30 years? It's still confirmed they're real so how would those view someone as crazy? Hell this all could had been avoided and revolved if Egon just shown them the proof through recording the proof and evidence and sending the video to them online.

And again a setting where ghosts are confirmed to exist and people of Summerville thought he was crazy!? Shouldn't they be celebrities and rich by the way rather than having disbanded and apparently forgotten? Whose gonna forget that the statue of liberty moved in New York? That's some WWII or Pearl Harbor remembering ****!

I was so confident this would be one of the few "belated" sequels that would be exceptional cases like Blade Runner 2049 and Bad Boys For Life but apparently that didn't prove to be the case. Still holding confidence that Top Gun: Maverick will be good being in the hands of an actual good director (Guy who did Only the Brave which is an overlooked and heartfelt film based on a true tragic event).

Personally how I would have done the film was still about them. They disbanded because Egon died sacrificing himself during a ghostbusting mission and the this left them traumatized, decades later and eventually when the world is at sake again, they're forced to face that trauma and band back together to face said threat and like in the actual ending to Afterlife with Egon's ghost assisting them.

Don't let my current opinion deter you guys from still liking the film. Everyone is still allowed and free to agree to disagree.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The Helluva Boss 2022 trailer isn't Patreon exclusive like I originally thought, I see.

Still excited!

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Is there ever a movie y'all liked and watched a ton, amd yet you can barely remember anything about it?

For me, that's Big Hero 6. I liked it, watched it like 5 times, and the only thing I could remember of the top of my head was Tadashi dying, Baymax almost killing the professor, and Gogo Tamago.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Da best year movies noipoi style wash your toes

5. Space Jam 2: Yes it was trash but it was funny trash
4. Monke vs Lizrd
3. Free Guy: San Andreas
2. Shang Chi and the last dragon/ Encanto (I liked em both about equally I can’t pick lmaooooo)
1. Spider-Man: No Way to avoid Spoilers

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I now pretty much have all Kingdom Hearts games: Both collections and KH3 with DLC on Xbox One. And I'll be getting Melody of Memory on Switch for Christmas.

Still in the middle of the first game right now.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I did watch it

I liked it quite a bit
You did, you said except for Eternals and The Suicide Squad unless I misinterpreted your post.

In that case, glad you enjoyed it. Even if you didn't because it's one of those movies I admit won't be for everyone.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
OK. Is the Hercules world in Birth By Sleep based on just that early part of the movie where he's a kid or is it based on the show? Do I have to add the show to my list of things to watch for context?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom